Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Greg Blaney. Mickey Linden. Ross Carr. Enduring names. Small boys out the back garden, branches for goalposts...

In 2001 maybe 😂

Mark Poland still playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Stoner wrote: »
    It does but the Jamie rumour beats him to it in Armagh every year.

It might even be the source, lost in translation and all that.

You never know. I always wonder what the motivation is behind such rumours.
    But then it could be something a simple as someone making the statement that a player might call it a day this year and then that morphs into a rumour that they are definitely walking away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭irishgeo

do down have any small fast attacker who can blitz past higgins and in for a goal chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

PressRun wrote: »
    You never know. I always wonder what the motivation is behind such rumours.
    But then it could be something a simple as someone making the statement that a player might call it a day this year and then that morphs into a rumour that they are definitely walking away.

A bit of truth? I honestly can't imagine Clarke being too happy with the situation. The guy won an All-Star the same year he was dropped in a final and has been more than solid every time he's started. Let's hope now if there was some discontent in the camp, it's been put to bed - Saturday's a huge game for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Horan will start Hennelly 100%, which is ****ing infuriating. **** the kickouts, we need to have the best shot stopper we have between the sticks as we will give up goal chances

I gave Hennelly big kudos for the League Final but time for Clarke to come back in.

If not we are doomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Clarke has to start
    I’m sick of even having to debate it
    He is quite simply a much better goalkeeper
    The position they both play in

If he doesn’t start on Saturday and we still beat our div3 opponents I’ll still be very worried about the management

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

irishgeo wrote: »
    do down have any small fast attacker who can blitz past higgins and in for a goal chance.

In fairness to Higgins you wouldn’t have to be particularly fast to blitz past him at this stage. Still a quality player but he should either be sweeping or playing up in half forwards in my opinion. Leaving him one on one with any decent forward is asking for trouble in 2019.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Syferus wrote: »
    In fairness to Higgins you wouldn’t have to be particularly fast to blitz past him at this stage. Still a quality player but he should either be sweeping or playing up in half forwards in my opinion. Leaving him one on one with any decent forward is asking for trouble in 2019.

Roscommon must be winning or Mayo are losing since your back on the GAA forums! :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Horan will start Hennelly 100%, which is ****ing infuriating. **** the kickouts, we need to have the best shot stopper we have between the sticks as we will give up goal chances

I gave Hennelly big kudos for the League Final but time for Clarke to come back in.

If not we are doomed.

I've come to like Hennelly and the way he has bounced back from adversity. He was brilliant in the league, no question, but the league is what most of the top teams use as a warm up for the championship.

Clarke is proven all day long. Hennelly unfortunately always has a clanger in his locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Anyone know why print at home is not available for tickets purchased online for Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

I've a spare ticket for the match going if anyone wants it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

yop wrote: »
    Roscommon must be winning or Mayo are losing since your back on the GAA forums! :D

I only appear around the championship because there's not much going on in this forum at other times of the year. Particularly for a Roscommon supporter. Other forums have much more in-depth discussions during the league or club seasons.

As I explained to you the last time you said this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

I only appear around the championship because there's not much going on in this forum at other times of the year. Particularly for a Roscommon supporter. Other forums have much more in-depth discussions during the league or club seasons.

Your a GAA swallow, lets call it out!!

Nah, anyone can easily see you were around all of the time the great league run Rossies had ;)

As you said yourself, https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99149578&postcount=1872

Anyway, you'll be around for the next 2 months for the in-depth discussion championship discussions.

Think we all know on this forum at this stage ;)

What sort of starting team are we expecting for the weekend?

Clarke or Hennelly?

AOS and DOC in the middle? Assuming COC will not be risked from the off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭MfMan

This game televised on any channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

MfMan wrote: »
    This game televised on any channel?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

What sort of starting team are we expecting for the weekend?

Clarke or Hennelly?

AOS and DOC in the middle? Assuming COC will not be risked from the off?

Clarke has to come in. Also COC has to start. Doc to midfield and mcloughlin to the half forwards. If Carr is fit, put him in instead of regan

• Advertisement

Was going to try get gaa go but at 10 pound a game i dont think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

irishgeo wrote:

Get it for what? Is the game on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

It won't be on GAA go if it's not on TV.

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    It won't be on GAA go if it's not on TV.
    Dont they have to cover the games for the Sunday game regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Dont they have to cover the games for the Sunday game regardless.
    https://www.gaago.ie/matches/live

I can't believe it's not on the bloody TV. This wouldn't have happened if we still had Enda

• Advertisement

I see a 5pm and a 7pm slot TBD on that site.
    Could be on yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I see a 5pm and a 7pm slot TBD on that site.
    Could be on yet

Is that not for round 3?. We’re not there yet.

Blackjack wrote: »
    Is that not for round 3?. We’re not there yet.
    Your right, apologize

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Clarke starting Saturday from a very reliable source

Thank god
    And let that be the end of the messing with the keepers now

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

km79 wrote: »
    Thank god
    And let that be the end of the messing with the keepers now
    When you have a Clark , Why wear anything else !;)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Has O'Se given Horan his blessing?

Has O'Se given Horan his blessing?

Why would Horan be listing to what Kerry pundits have to say ?
    There are no O’Ses playing for Mayo ?

km79 wrote: »
    Why would Horan be listing to what Kerry pundits have to say ?
    There are no O’Ses playing for Mayo ?

Maybe O'Cees coffee shop in Westport is what they are on about? I believe Horan is in there regular for his lemon drizzle cake and raspberry donuts.

It is quite an easy mistake to make and is probably what the poster is aiming to clarify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭freddie_

Any word when the team news will be out?

After training tomorrow night id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Folks, if any of ye are planning to park in either of the 2 Newry shopping centre car parks (Buttercrane and The Quays) pay close attention to when the car parks close. (I mean the actual car parks, not the shopping centre or the cinema that is in one of them.)

When they are locked up for the night, that's it.

The security company who have the keys are based in Belfast. You won't be able to get your car back until the morning if your car gets locked in, as no security staff will be back on site until the following day.

Don't ask me why I know all this. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Folks, if any of ye are planning to park in either of the 2 Newry shopping centre car parks (Buttercrane and The Quays) pay close attention to when the car parks close. (I mean the actual car parks, not the shopping centre or the cinema that is in one of them.)

When they are locked up for the night, that's it.

The security company who have the keys are based in Belfast. You won't be able to get your car back until the morning if your car gets locked in, as no security staff will be back on site until the following day.

Don't ask me why I know all this. :(

Any other suggestions for parking? I think the shopping centres are a 20 minute walk, have someone with me that 20 minutes is too far for. I know the shopping centres but that’s it for my knowledge of newry.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

https://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/roundup/articles/2019/06/21/4175903-clarke-boyle-mcdonagh-and-moran-set-to-return-for-mayo/

This team sheet stating Andy Moran starting and no room for Fergal boland?
    Boland was the best forward against Roscommon for taking his scores...
    Glad to see Clarke back

There is a road directly behind The Quays SC and that is where I parked up for the league game a couple of years ago. It runs parallel to the river and I think its called Albert Basin or Lane or something like that. No more than a 15 minute walk back across the river to the ground. That was in February and I got there a good bit early and had no trouble getting a spot on the road. No idea how jammers it will be for a sold out game in the middle of summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Carol25 wrote: »
    https://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/roundup/articles/2019/06/21/4175903-clarke-boyle-mcdonagh-and-moran-set-to-return-for-mayo/

Glad to see Clarke back

Nine of that team David Clarke, Chris Barrett, Keith Higgins, Lee Keegan, Colm Boyle, Aidan O'Shea, Jason Doherty, Kevin McLoughlin,Andy Moran in their 30s or late 20s which shows Horan is picking his most experienced team possible for what he must think will be a banana skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Carol25 wrote: »

Glad to see Clarke back

Boland really wasn't in the game against Roscommon until the last 10 minutes. Probably harshly dropped but good to see McDonagh back and Loftus is there for frees predominantly I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Why does anyone still give any credence to these team announcements? Though i think if Clarke is named then im sure he will start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Why does anyone still give any credence to these team announcements? Though i think if Clarke is named then im sure he will start

Connaught Telegraph have been a very reliable source with leaks like this in recent years from what I recall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

I've a spare ticket for the match going if anyone wants it

No takers for a free ticket?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

No takers for a free ticket?!

Will you be in Newry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

ProudDUB wrote: »
    There is a road directly behind The Quays SC and that is where I parked up for the league game a couple of years ago. It runs parallel to the river and I think its called Albert Basin or Lane or something like that. No more than a 15 minute walk back across the river to the ground. That was in February and I got there a good bit early and had no trouble getting a spot on the road. No idea how jammers it will be for a sold out game in the middle of summer.

A sold out game? It will hardly be a sell out tomorrow would it

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    A sold out game? It will hardly be a sell out tomorrow would it

Probably not, in fairness. But it'll be a bigger crowd than the league game I was at.

Sligo minors win against Roscommon tonight means we'll play them next Wednesday night in the Connacht semi final.

Venue is Mac Hale Park.

The winners to play Galway.

• Advertisement

RIP Michael (Mick) Burke

He was manager of the Mayo minor team that won the All-Ireland title in 1985.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement