Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

SaintsYB wrote: »
    Surely they can't put the price up too much though? That's what Mercedes did though. The A35 is the same price as the old A45 despite it being down some 80hp. If the A35 is €60k, how much will the A45 be?

I'd consider a Focus ST but if it's the same price as the old RS, no thanks, I'll leave it.

I'd agree. Outgoing RS was north of €50k though.

p.s. Focus ST has never been a good new buy from a cost perspective imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Especially not when you change your car every year.

Where did the prices for the A35 come from? What are they - they're not on the price list on the website... Will there be a CLA35?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It gets a 2.3l engine this time.

I'd imagine its a de-tuned Mustang/Mk3 RS engine.

280bhp in the new ST instead of the 345bhp from the RS or 310bhp from the Mustang.

Although i think Ford de-tuned the original 2.3 ecoboost to 280 BHP for newer Mustangs.

The GTi is a better car IMO, residuals on the VW will be much better when you go to sell down the line.

A GTi though have always been a bit bland for me though because they're nearly every where, flip side of that is, they're everywhere because they're a cracking car. :o

If I'm changing at the end of the year, I will look at what VW are offering finance/PCP wise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

Where did the prices for the A35 come from? What are they - they're not on the price list on the website... Will there be a CLA35?

The A35 price is on the Mercedes Ireland website. It starts at €57,310 and that's for your bog standard one that will look like a normal A Class in AMG Line spec.

There's a A35 hatchback, A35 saloon and CLA35. There will also be a A45 and CLA45 but no A45 saloon. I think it's pretty pointless having both the CLA and A Class saloon to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

SaintsYB wrote: »
    The A35 price is on the Mercedes Ireland website. It starts at €57,310 and that's for your bog standard one that will look like a normal A Class in AMG Line spec.

There's a A35 hatchback, A35 saloon and CLA35. There will also be a A45 and CLA45 but no A45 saloon. I think it's pretty pointless having both the CLA and A Class saloon to be honest.

Thanks, I see it now. I think the A250 or CLA250 with Premium Plus pack is the way to go so...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Looks like there is to be no discounting for 192.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wcooba

hooch-85 wrote: »

I was inquiring about it - it's already sold. Ford had another one in stock - also sold within a week.

I don't get why more dealers aren't bringing them in, clearly there is a demand?

It is quite niche proposition TBH (especially at that price point). My wife was interested in one but we weren't able to secure the test drive. There were two cars landed in Ford stock this month (allegedly ordered 3 months ago) and both were quickly snapped. We wouldn't pull the trigger without driving it first, so I guess this idea is shelved for a now :) We may wait for the new Golf GTI...

wcooba wrote:
    It is quite niche proposition TBH (especially at that price point). My wife was interested in one but we weren't able to secure the test drive. There were two cars landed in Ford stock this month (allegedly ordered 3 months ago) and both were quickly snapped. We wouldn't pull the trigger without driving it first, so I guess this idea is shelved for a now We may wait for the new Golf GTI...

Trouble is you are unlikely get a test drive since any arriving
    are presold.

I wonder are Ford making these expensive (credit terms) for dealers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The more I look and think about Fiesta St, the more I like it. 5 door in real life looks even better. I was standing next to normal 5 door St and could not believe how big it is for a small car. It pretty much fits perfectly for my needs.
    It's a shame the only real competition is Polo gti, and we know how expensive that is.

My PCP ends next year in May, might wait and see 201 deals and pop in to dealership for a test drive. Hopefully they will have them by then.

Is the only difference between st2 and st3 is wheels and leather seats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭shanec1928

The finance costs kill these. I probably would have went for one other than that. Ended up in a Leon fr with 0%

• Advertisement

Is the only difference between st2 and st3 is wheels and leather seats?

Key features additional to ST-2
    ■ 18" 5-spoke alloy wheels - Magnetic finish
    ■ Powerfold mirrors
    ■ Recaro performance seats with partial leather trim
    ■ Navigation (B&O Play is optional)
    ■ Rear view camera
    ■ Rear parking sensors
    ■ Auto High Beam, Driver Alert & Traffic Sign Recognition
    ■ Auto wipers and auto dimming
    ■ Keyless Entry
    ■ Leather steering wheel with red stitching

shanec1928 wrote: »
    The finance costs kill these. I probably would have went for one other than that. Ended up in a Leon fr with 0%

That too. It's shocking how much difference 0 vs 3.9 does. Hopefully Ford will join the rest in 2020 with 0 apr.

I'm not certain the ST2 is available.

The more I look and think about Fiesta St, the more I like it. 5 door in real life looks even better. I was standing next to normal 5 door St and could not believe how big it is for a small car. It pretty much fits perfectly for my needs. It's a shame the only real competition is Polo gti, and we know how expensive that is.

Each to their own but I think it looks much better as a 3 door.

There is one thing I'm afraid may kill hot hatches completely in this country: CO2. Currently we are in the transition period and VRT and tax are based on 'WLTP derivative' which is somewhere in between old and new test values. I struggle to find confirmation when WLTP will be in the full swing here (sometime in 2020 as per EU directive but can be Jan or Dec), but when it happens Fiesta ST will be in VRT band D (27%)!

• Advertisement

Key features additional to ST-2
    ■ 18" 5-spoke alloy wheels - Magnetic finish
    ■ Powerfold mirrors
    ■ Recaro performance seats with partial leather trim
    ■ Navigation (B&O Play is optional)
    ■ Rear view camera
    ■ Rear parking sensors
    ■ Auto High Beam, Driver Alert & Traffic Sign Recognition
    ■ Auto wipers and auto dimming
    ■ Keyless Entry
    ■ Leather steering wheel with red stitching

You sure about that? Is it taken from Irish website or UK?

You sure about that? Is it taken from Irish website or UK?

Both. The spec is the same. My version is from the Irish brochure, a copy and paste.

The Irish website is terrible and unreliable. There are 2 models on the configurator, but only 1 on the pricelist and at a totally different price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭shanec1928

That too. It's shocking how much difference 0 vs 3.9 does. Hopefully Ford will join the rest in 2020 with 0 apr.
    Pretty sure it was mentioned back further when I asked it was 4.9 which would be hard to stomach considering the market out there.

Yeah 5.9 is the going rate on Ford finance, well for HP anyway, they might do lower on PCP.

Each to their own but I think it looks much better as a 3 door.

I need practicality. 5 doors looks really great in my opinion. And the only reason why I want to change my car is those two extra doors, not because I don't like my car. Unfortunately selection is very tight for these small hot hatches right now.

I know Huyinday i20 N is coming out too, which is 5 door. Thing is, it looks terrible!!!

I ran a couple of 3 door cars a few years ago with 2 small kids in the back. Didn't find it too difficult tbh.

I ran a couple of 3 door cars a few years ago with 2 small kids in the back. Didn't find it too difficult tbh.

My problem is not small kids, my problem is teenager now. And she is very tall for her age. It's a first world problem, but she gets in and out of the car like an elephant, hanging of door, standing on door frame ( or how you call it ). And yes, I told her not to do it, but **** me, right. :pac:
    There were so many times when I wished I had those two extra doors for just small things like bags, shopping etc.

Anyway, If st3 comes with all those things, then realistically you only would want to add proper led lights and sport pack? That would bump it up to 35k ish?

Not sure if it's correct but basically a fully loaded (Performance Pack, LED lights, B&O, metallic paint) 3 door ST3 excluding the sunroof is 31k.

My problem is not small kids, my problem is teenager now. And she is very tall for her age. It's a first world problem, but she gets in and out of the car like an elephant, hanging of door, standing on door frame ( or how you call it ). And yes, I told her not to do it, but **** me, right. :pac:
    There were so many times when I wished I had those two extra doors for just small things like bags, shopping etc.

Anyway, If st3 comes with all those things, then realistically you only would want to add proper led lights and sport pack? That would bump it up to 35k ish?

I've a 13 year old and can 100% echo those sentiments. It made me change from my old ST to the MK7 Golf GTD last year. That and I just needed a bigger car.

• Advertisement

I'm not certain the ST2 is available.

Now confirmed it is no longer available.

To add insult to injury the ST3 has 2 different prices on www.ford.ie It's €300 odd cheaper on the configurator.

Whomever is in charge of model and engine availability is a bit out of touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

At least they've gone in the right direction for once!

Used to be that the best you could do was the ST2 and most ordered for stock would only be ST1's as well. So it's good to see them trying to match the "standard" offerings of their competitors in some form, even if it does mean it's the top spec for Ford that's only available.

Decided against it for now at least. An ST3 plus paint and the p.p. allied to a 13 week wait just isn't attractive enough.

If they start discounting again however.......

New focus ST should be hitting show rooms soon enough. Think you can order them in the UK at the moment, not sure about here.

I've to call into Ford about a faulty tyre sensor this week so might ask around.

Any word of the price of the new Focus ST here?

I'd say after paint, adding the performance pack and maybe HUD, if you got much change out of €45k you'd be doing well.

Its a mad price in the UK, up nearly 2k from the old Mk3 on release.

Seen on another forum someone priced a peteol one up at a dealer, orange paint, performance pack, HUD, came in at a shade under 48k.

That's not far off what the old Mk3 Focus RS was brand new.

I can't see Ford selling too many at the price point.

Petrol ST3 is starting at 45.5k apparently, the ST2 level is 41.9k.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd say after paint, adding the performance pack and maybe HUD, if you got much change out of €45k you'd be doing well.

Weren't the older ones low 30s at one stage with 161 or 171 offers or something?

I think the original sticker price was roughly 39k for a petrol Mk3.

They were heavily discounted at one stage alright so I wouldnt be surprised if they were got for the bottom end of 30k. The Fiesta was the same too when I got mine.

I can't see the Mk4 selling until the discount it anyway, not at that price point.

The last of the Mk7 GTi's with PP and an option or two picked is about 47k and if an ST was the same, I'd be going VW, who usually have better finance options than Ford Ireland.

I will probably end up getting a bigger car next year too and at this rate I'll be looking at a GTi over an ST.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    ......... I'll be looking at a GTi over an ST.

I'd a GTi for a weekend in Germany recently.
    Wonderful car to go but for the guts of €50k I don't see the appeal tbh.
    Each to their own etc etc though of course......... I know this is a hot hatch chat :)

In other news cars are expensive - performance models more so.

Prices have pushed up due to the new emissions regime presumably?

In other news cars are expensive - performance models more so.

Oh Henry ......... relax.
    I wasn't slagging off your beloved Dagenham (Cork) :pac: dustbins

Augeo wrote: »
    Oh Henry ......... relax.
    I wasn't slagging off your beloved Dagenham (Cork) :pac: dustbins

Go ahead...it's all good :D

Anyone ordering a MK8 ST for 2020? Any chance of any real discounts to be had?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Anyone ordering a MK8 ST for 2020? Any chance of any real discounts to be had?

I believe the price has actually gone up since last year.

• Advertisement

I believe the price has actually gone up since last year.

I can't get any prices from the configurator now. It's ST3 only available now I believe.

I just got a price from a dealer in Limerick. 31,750 in the below spec:

5 door
    ST3
    Magnetic in colour
    LED Headlights
    Performance pack.

Are they still offering the 3 door? I usually don't like the look of 3 door hatchbacks but it's the opposite with the Fiesta, at least in ST form.

Yes as far as I am aware both are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I have an alert on Donedeal to tell me if any come up second hand. Not one ever has.

Is there any even being sold? With the bould Boris determined to go in January we might never see many of these here. :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement