Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Penn wrote: »
    Think there's one more episode in this DLC (two DLCs with three episodes each for six total, so five have been released). After that I think all the main things are released.

Nice, but it's probably 2 months away, right?
    I might get stuck into the DLC at the weekend and then just wait for the final one.
    I only played the first one, so I have four left to get through :)

I'd say between now and the last fate of atlantis dlc for the free ones. There have been 6 weeks or so between main DLC's so end of July for the 3rd part of Atlantis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

How realistic is the platinum trophy in odyssey? I got it in origins. Haven’t played odyssey yet but plan to

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    How realistic is the platinum trophy in odyssey? I got it in origins. Haven’t played odyssey yet but plan to

Seems to be easy, 1 missable but only if you were never promiscuous, and it gets a difficulty rating of 3.5/10 on this roadmap.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,303 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Very realistic. Nothing too awkward or hard bar maybe having to unlock every area on the map (as the map is huge and you don't visit everywhere during the main story missions, so depending on how often you use fast travel you might miss a good bit of it). The platinum can just take a while because of how big the game is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Very realistic. Nothing too awkward or hard bar maybe having to unlock every area on the map (as the map is huge and you don't visit everywhere during the main story missions, so depending on how often you use fast travel you might miss a good bit of it). The platinum can just take a while because of how big the game is.

Remember fast travelling around the map to every little island to try unlock that one!
    It eventually popped after I stood on some mound of dirt that the game considered an island! :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Remember fast travelling around the map to every little island to try unlock that one!
    It eventually popped after I stood on some mound of dirt that the game considered an island! :D

Ha yeah, that was the worst of it. Jumping in and out of the ship standing on every little island wondering "Does this one count?" before having to swim back to the ship. That and trying to snipe sharks from the boat so you could do the underwater locations a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Game will be in the Days of Play sale that starts tomorrow, season Pass might be on sale as it will be on the US store and I think all regions will have the same games on offer

Game will be in the Days of Play sale that starts tomorrow, season Pass might be on sale as it will be on the US store and I think all regions will have the same games on offer

If the DLC goes on sale I'll definitely pick it up.

If the DLC goes on sale I'll definitely pick it up.

On the US store, it will be reduced from $39.99 to $29.99 so could be reduced to 30 here as currently 40 euro on Irish store

• Advertisement

I've been waiting for the Season Pass to drop, could save myself a few quid tomorrow if it's reduced, instead of buying a new game (because it's pay day, so I have to buy something!).

On sale for Xbox now for 29.99 so I'd imagine PS4 to be similar.

On sale for Xbox now for 29.99 so I'd imagine PS4 to be similar.

Not seeing season pass reduced on psn store as sale now live.

Not seeing season pass reduced on psn store as sale now live.

Damn, that's disappointing, especially considering it seems like every version of the full game that includes the season pass, Origins and the Origins season pass all got price cuts.

I might hang off on the season pass then. The price is higher than normal due to AC3, which I don't have an interest in playing. If I wanted to play Odyssey again, there's still plenty of side missions I never got around to, or I could play again as Alexios.

If it gets a price cut in the future, I might still reconsider, but it looks like this is the end of my Odyssey.

Damn, that's disappointing, especially considering it seems like every version of the full game that includes the season pass, Origins and the Origins season pass all got price cuts.

I might hang off on the season pass then. The price is higher than normal due to AC3, which I don't have an interest in playing. If I wanted to play Odyssey again, there's still plenty of side missions I never got around to, or I could play again as Alexios.

If it gets a price cut in the future, I might still reconsider, but it looks like this is the end of my Odyssey.

Create a price alert for the season pass on psprices so you at least will know when it goes on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Still 70 Euro on ps store - steep

Still 70 Euro on ps store - steep

Base game is down to €34.99
    Deluxe is €39.99
    Gold edition is €54.99
    And Ultimate Edition is €59.99

Also discovery tour is incoming

Season Pass has just been reduced to €29.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Season Pass has just been reduced to €29.99

Sure the main game was only €21.99, mental.

• Advertisement

And you can get the gold edition for cheaper than the base game and season pass separately, but because I already have the base game I can't buy the upgraded version (which is sometimes cheaper than the season pass by itself).

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

I'm thinking of picking this up this weekend . Where can I get the best deal . Also is it like witcher3. How is it different than origins? Is it better

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of picking this up this weekend . Where can I get the best deal . Also is it like witcher3. How is it different than origins? Is it better

For me its a less boring witcher with 10x better combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

letsgo2018 wrote: »

Definitely worth getting on a deal. The combat and gameplay is better than Origins, the story not so much.

Plenty of hours of entertainment in it, but the Assassins Creed part is lacking for diehard story fans.

Just pulled the trigger on the season pass. But I can't seem to download the first Episode from Legacy of the Lost Blade. Currently, my PS4 is downloading (remotely) the following:

Assassin's Creed® Odyssey - Episode 2 : Shadow Heritage
    Assassin's Creed® Odyssey - Episode 2 : Torment of Hades
    Assassin's Creed® Odyssey - Episode 3 : Bloodline
    Assassin's Creed® Odyssey: The Secrets of Greece
    Assassin's Creed® Odyssey - Episode 1 : Fields of Elysium

But when I search, episode 1 of the Legacy of the Lost Blade is showing as 'unavailable'. Is it already downloaded I wonder?

Edit: Just searched again and now I could buy/download:

Assassin’s CreedⓇ Odyssey – Legacy of the First Blade
    Assassin’s CreedⓇ Odyssey - The Fate of Atlantis

Episode 1 still showing as unavailable though. And going into the Download List I now have this downloading:

Assassin's Creed® Odyssey: The Blade of Darius

But episode 1 still showing unavailable. Refresh and it's downloading episode 1 now... Strange set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Already on bargains thread, but the base game is down to 20 quid in GameStop

Just pulled the trigger on the season pass. But I can't seem to download the first Episode from Legacy of the Lost Blade. Currently, my PS4 is downloading (remotely) the following:

Assassin's Creed® Odyssey - Episode 2 : Shadow Heritage
    Assassin's Creed® Odyssey - Episode 2 : Torment of Hades
    Assassin's Creed® Odyssey - Episode 3 : Bloodline
    Assassin's Creed® Odyssey: The Secrets of Greece
    Assassin's Creed® Odyssey - Episode 1 : Fields of Elysium

But when I search, episode 1 of the Legacy of the Lost Blade is showing as 'unavailable'. Is it already downloaded I wonder?

Edit: Just searched again and now I could buy/download:

Assassin’s CreedⓇ Odyssey – Legacy of the First Blade
    Assassin’s CreedⓇ Odyssey - The Fate of Atlantis

Episode 1 still showing as unavailable though. And going into the Download List I now have this downloading:

Assassin's Creed® Odyssey: The Blade of Darius

But episode 1 still showing unavailable. Refresh and it's downloading episode 1 now... Strange set up.

Yeah I remember having problem finding the first episode when it came out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Already on bargains thread, but the base game is down to 20 quid in GameStop

I got the Kenny Omega Edition for €20 online.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Can someone explain to me all the extras one may need to purchase . Season pass for example . It's available for 19.99 in Dec but what do I need to buy on top of that

• Advertisement
Advertisement