Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

in case you wander into spoiler territory use the spoiler tags if you talking about killing someone ......who is still alive in my game :D

Finished it today got the entire family back together.

98% complete cant find Triiton the merc who is number 1 so i finished as no 2 :(

All cult members dead, fairly obvious who the main one was going to be.

Not sure if the merc or Xenias last quest will get me 100%

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Finished it today got the entire family back together.

98% complete cant find Triiton the merc who is number 1 so i finished as no 2 :(

All cult members dead, fairly obvious who the main one was going to be.

Not sure if the merc or Xenias last quest will get me 100%
    The top tiered merc is a cultist so you should have got to tier 1 if you killed them, you'll know if you have or not depending on if you have a flaming horse unlocked or not.

In other merc news I was facing a level 44 at 41 and had a 46 hop in and somehow they got the civilians wound up and ended up from avoiding them for a few minutes and letting the civilians take shots at them so I could 1 shot them and collect 2 legendary items :pac:

The top tiered merc is a cultist so you should have got to tier 1 if you killed them, you'll know if you have or not depending on if you have a flaming horse unlocked or not.

In other merc news I was facing a level 44 at 41 and had a 46 hop in and somehow they got the civilians wound up and ended up from avoiding them for a few minutes and letting the civilians take shots at them so I could 1 shot them and collect 2 legendary items :pac:

i killed him when I was no 8 but it only moved me to 7 (Ezekiel) i assumed I would go to 1 :(

pretty sure if I kill another he will reveal where Triiton is.

Game completion from Uplay.

• Advertisement

I'm about 100 hours in have 3 you know whats, level 49, a fully upgraded ship and still have 40% of the map to uncover.

Best region of the game so far has been Crete without a doubt.

Doing fetch quests fro Eppie at the minute can sense a pay off here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I really wish this game had come out a month earlier. I'm trying to finish the main story before RDR2 but I just keep getting distracted by side quests. The game is so bloody fantastic, it really is. Even if I jump to RDR2 for a while then come back to ACO, its going to be hard to suddenly try pick up where I left off so deep in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Penn wrote: »
    I really wish this game had come out a month earlier. I'm trying to finish the main story before RDR2 but I just keep getting distracted by side quests. The game is so bloody fantastic, it really is. Even if I jump to RDR2 for a while then come back to ACO, its going to be hard to suddenly try pick up where I left off so deep in the game.

Yeah I feel the same. I'm only 30 hours in at level 26 and the side quests just keep piling up. I know I will not finish it by Friday and I don't want to rush through the main quest missions. Probably will just play Red dead all next week and then alternate between the 2 from then on. I usually just concentrate on a single game but will make an exception for Odyssey

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Main story wanted me to go to Athens at level 13 or 14 I think last week...put in solid time over the weekend and now level 22 and just entered Athens :o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I've just arrived in Athens at level 14, don't have much time this week with wife's birthday and then RDR2 is out Friday. Will have to park this for a few months until i'm done with RDR2 i think. Hopefully can get back into it then.

I've found I had to do a good few side quests to even get to level 14. I find the contract missions extremely boring, its always just go to this place and kill a few soldiers and job done. I only did a few of those before losing interest so I was trying to pick out all of the ?s on the map i'd missed.

One thing I really don't like is having to constantly get into naval battles when sailing from spot to spot. I just want to get to where i'm going you bastardin pirates!

• Advertisement

Once I worked out what the contracts were that I would get just by playing that game and not go out of my way I stuck to just those ones.

You can outrun any ship in the game, you dont have to fight anyone.

Didnt bother with any contracts after the 1st few i took by accident.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You can outrun any ship in the game, you dont have to fight anyone.

Didnt bother with any contracts after the 1st few i took by accident.

No trophy/achievement for you for doing 20 of them so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I only take the contracts when I pass by the posts because you can end up completing some accidentally anyway.

No trophy/achievement for you for doing 20 of them so :pac:

Probably get 20 with the Aegean cultists most have buddies with them.

• Administrators Posts: 53,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm 10 hours in, level 14, just arrived in Athens. This game is FAR better than Origins, the storyline is much more interesting. I was already bored of Origins by this stage.

My only real complaint is the forts are all very samey and so far there's been no real assassin stuff to it, but hopefully that changes.

It kinda doesnt, you will have combat in Forts and what not after sneaking behind someone and finding out you will do 10% damage.

High ledge.....sparta kick :)

The spear throw is your best power attack, upgrade that as soon as you can.

Sparta Kick sucks balls as you progress in the game, unless you can catch someone completely off guard. I was on top of the wall around a fort and could not kick the captain off the wall after about 5 tries. He'd just stumble back against a low barely-knee-height piece of wall and stay standing to the point where 2 more guards got to join in the fight.

Ring of Chaos sent all those f*ckers flying. Plus it's great in Conquest battles if you get poison/fire going, then use RoC. Sends them all flying with elemental damage too. Sparta Kick for stealth, but RoC for everything else.

Last night I made a conscious effort to just start properly plowing through the story and just get it done. Said it before and I'll say it again, the voice actor for Alexios is shockingly bad. Like, really really bad. I can't even imagine playing the game as him.

awec wrote: »
    I'm 10 hours in, level 14, just arrived in Athens. This game is FAR better than Origins, the storyline is much more interesting. I was already bored of Origins by this stage.

My only real complaint is the forts are all very samey and so far there's been no real assassin stuff to it, but hopefully that changes.

The forts largely remain the same, bigger and more difficult but offset against your upgraded abilities by the time you get there. They're probably the main bit of stealth/assassin stuff in the game though as getting into a big fight there can be troublesome with more captains, polemarchs and the risk of triggering a bounty hunter coming in after you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Just started at the weekend. So far so good. I loved Origins and it's interesting to see all the talk about grind in this game. I'm only about level 13 but I'm nowhere near Athens. Going by an earlier post I must be levelling relatively fast. Does it have something to do with difficulty (I'm on hard)? Is it possible you get more XP at higher difficulties?

On the other hand Level Scaling. Ugh. Origins got that part right imo but this time around forget about any kind of levelling up satisfaction. As an aside I was always over-levelled in Origins and I've seen Youtubers talk about the grind in that one too so I am a bit mystified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'd love to turn level scaling off myself!
    It's a minor gripe, but I don't like it :P

mewso wrote: »
    Just started at the weekend. So far so good. I loved Origins and it's interesting to see all the talk about grind in this game. I'm only about level 13 but I'm nowhere near Athens. Going by an earlier post I must be levelling relatively fast. Does it have something to do with difficulty (I'm on hard)? Is it possible you get more XP at higher difficulties?

On the other hand Level Scaling. Ugh. Origins got that part right imo but this time around forget about any kind of levelling up satisfaction. As an aside I was always over-levelled in Origins and I've seen Youtubers talk about the grind in that one too so I am a bit mystified.

Yeah you get more XP at higher difficulties. Read that last night while looking at something else.

I was a bit annoyed at the level scaling too at the start, but in fairness it is offset by unlocked and more powerful abilities as you progress, so I'm not as fussed about it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

mewso wrote: »

I think I have accidentally skipped an area.

At some point, Herodotos brings you to Thermopylae (of Leonidas and his 300 fame), but I didn't do any quests in this area at all since the story brought me straight back out of it again. Not sure if I was correct.

I think I have accidentally skipped an area.

At some point, Herodotos brings you to Thermopylae (of Leonidas and his 300 fame), but I didn't do any quests in this area at all since the story brought me straight back out of it again. Not sure if I was correct.

No I think that's the way it happened for me too.
    Just had to meet him there and talk to him as part of the story, due to it's significance (the spear you have is Leonidas' spear) to your character.
    That's all you had to do there iirc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Glad to hear that. I'm 10 hours or so into Origins, and while i enjoyed it, i've no real desire to go back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

You can now get Bayek as a lieutenant for the ship!
    40 coins at the Ubi Club :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    You can now get Bayek as a lieutenant for the ship!
    40 coins at the Ubi Club :)

I've a load of coins from previous ubi games but haven't spent any since probably AC Revelations. Already used a few on this game. Might pick up Bayek too (depending on his stats).

Advertisement