Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detroit: Become Human

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Picked this up on the cheap last week and just finished it this evening. Great game. Hadn't played Heavy Rain so wasn't sure what to expect from a David Cage game.

Some of the more complex QTE's towards the end can be a pain in the arse but enjoyed it overall.

Was sure it would be a finish and trade game but think I'll hang onto it and try different story paths to see how big an impact on the outcome it has.

Tempted to pick up Heavy Rain next time it's on sale now and see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Been playing this the last few days, I'm around 20 chapters in. It's actually much better than I expected. The robot population does help the wooden characters that tend to exist in Quantic Dream games.
    However I'll concede the Markus segments are the weakest, they feel pretty cliched and the inspiration is far worse hidden than other characters chapters. :rolleyes:
    Kara's ones are more interesting even if I felt the intro with Todd was rushed but its the Connor ones that I really enjoy, investigating crime scenes and interrogations; his partner is played by the guy who was the main prison guard in the Shawshank Redemption which is a big plus to me.

The marches and concentration camps turning up in this really makes me roll my eyes. Its handled like someone writing it read the first paragraph on each topic on Wikipedia & just said alright it's getting late no need to read too much more. The Markus stuff is so on the nose, especially the black android being defenclessly bludgeoned. I'm kinda regretting being a pacificist so to speak.
    I made a mess of my Connor play through when I didn't have him turn Deviant & Markus shot him. Connor woke up then as essentially the terminator & got killed again. I'm gonna go back I think & make the other choice as Kara got shot dead fleeing Jericho too. Whoops

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finally gotten around to picking this up, can't go wrong for 8 dollars on US PSN. Only played the first bit, same as the demo and managed to save the girl and myself this time. Watched the Kara intro before having to turn it off but I'm instantly drawn into the world and can't wait to give it a proper lash tonight.

I saw an option was locked out during my negotiation, must look up the full branch path to see what I could have done differently and if ol' Danny might have made it off the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Finally gotten around to picking this up, can't go wrong for 8 dollars on US PSN. Only played the first bit, same as the demo and managed to save the girl and myself this time. Watched the Kara intro before having to turn it off but I'm instantly drawn into the world and can't wait to give it a proper lash tonight.

I saw an option was locked out during my negotiation, must look up the full branch path to see what I could have done differently and if ol' Danny might have made it off the roof.

I used the walkthrough that powerpyx created as a guide for some decisions. But realistically you should just make your own decisions on your first play through and use the guide on tour second
    http://www.powerpyx.com/detroit-become-human-full-walkthrough-all-chapters/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I used the walkthrough that powerpyx created as a guide for some decisions. But realistically you should just make your own decisions on your first play through and use the guide on tour second
    http://www.powerpyx.com/detroit-become-human-full-walkthrough-all-chapters/

Oh yeah, doing a blind playthrough first and will see how I feel about a 2nd playthrough then. Looks like I got the 'best' ending in the first mission anyway except I missed
    the injured cop you can help, woops

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Oh yeah, doing a blind playthrough first and will see how I feel about a 2nd playthrough then. Looks like I got the 'best' ending in the first mission anyway except I missed
    the injured cop you can help, woops

It's mad how decisions from early in the game will affect later on. Its a great game with plenty of endings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Did one walkthrough and that was enough for me, think because I'm not a huge walking sim fan. It's a very cool world they created tho and fairly immersive story, definitely felt a Westworld type vibe

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

all was going well but screwed up 2 of the last three chapters I played earlier, I think. my favourite storyline is still on track, I think. It is starting to fell a little like Until Dawn when most my characters suddenly died and I had to go back to the beginning

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Added to my ever expanding library of free games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

David Cage games are always really daft, poorly written, B-movie type nonsense that I can't help but like. I'll pick it up in five or six months when it's on sale for €20 or so.

Free is even better. Time to get stuck into this now.

This is a big leap forward from Hard Rain. I'm not a fan of this genre generally but the characters are really well developed and the story (while a little crazy) is very engaging, in my opinion. Found myself laughing along as I was playing a section yesterday. The dude who was
    the evil guard in Shawshank
    is one of the NPCs and is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I disliked Heavy Rain and Beyond so i didn't have high expectations for this but I'm really enjoying it. Some of the writing is goofy ( Markus ) but I'm really enjoying the 2 other story strands. Looks great too. I'd give it a solid 8 out of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The title screen android (Chloe?) really unsettles me. Presumably she was made that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Doodah7

J. Marston wrote: »
    The title screen android (Chloe?) really unsettles me. Presumably she was made that way.

Anyone get the title screen android with her circle spinning red and she saying that my save game had been corrupted...then only joking!

no, I have had a few slightly weird interactions with her though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

J. Marston wrote: »

I left the screen on for a while when looking at my phone and was genuinly startled when she started chatting to me.

Question about the story:
    How did the sex android remember their relationship if they had their memory wiped every two hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I was mid-yawn and she said "You look tired, hope you're doing okay."

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭wench

just finished this and my favourite storyline was Kara and Alice and got a crappy ending. Then compounded the issue by searching youtube and most of their endings are crappy. I've plunged to new depths of sadness.
    Going to fire up something I can shoot

• Advertisement

wench wrote: »

These 2 are utterly clueless.
    The bus in the first 10 minutes of the game is obviously a big red Rosa Parks flag & the "march" is about as subtle as a punch in the face.

A good writer would make these things not so blatantly obvious, the title screen AI is so awkward I find she is more David Cage than the man himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Treated myself to a PS4 pro during the prime sale in July in anticipation for Death Stranding.

Once I setup the console, I got some kinda temporary/ discounted PSN membership and downloaded this game for free. I'd say I'm about 60-70% complete, myself and the missus playing through it. She will reluctantly play split screen Halo the odd time, not a gamer at all - but she love this!

It's alot of fun. The character development, music and gameplay are really polished. The story is a little B movie alright, but it's a game about futuristic robot assistants, so not sure what some people were expecting.

I recommend that people download the demo, it's one of the stronger missions (so far) and really well put together!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,303 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GrumPy wrote: »
    Treated myself to a PS4 pro during the prime sale in July in anticipation for Death Stranding.

Once I setup the console, I got some kinda temporary/ discounted PSN membership and downloaded this game for free. I'd say I'm about 60-70% complete, myself and the missus playing through it. She will reluctantly play split screen Halo the odd time, not a gamer at all - but she love this!

It's alot of fun. The character development, music and gameplay are really polished. The story is a little B movie alright, but it's a game about futuristic robot assistants, so not sure what some people were expecting.

I recommend that people download the demo, it's one of the stronger missions (so far) and really well put together!

Just a warning, you'll lose access to the game once your free trial of PS+ is over. To get access to the game again, you'll have to re-sub to PS+ (all access to any games given for free on PS+ is dependent on an active PS+ membership). You can re-sub even just for one month if you're not interested in a full subscription.

Just might want to check when your trial expires and at least make sure to finish the game before then. Don't want to be on the last chapter and then the game locks on you :D

Glad you're enjoying the game. Finished it myself a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Enjoyed this quite a bit. Agree the wokeness is fairly overbearing. Didn't mind the QTE generally, but for the love of God, stick to button input. I think I was late everytime it prompted for me to move the controller, which pretty much directly lead to a few character deaths. Frustrating to say the least.

I still haven't recovered from the fact I had the bad Kara ending, actually had about 6 of them all bad because of a choice I made near the end. Really annoyed by how annoyed I still am.
    Great game will play again just so I can get a good Kara ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I want to do a replay of this since I have it through PS Plus

When I first played I obviously made the choices I naturally would make

Gonna be hard on a replay to make choices I wouldn't have made before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I want to do a replay of this since I have it through PS Plus

When I first played I obviously made the choices I naturally would make

Gonna be hard on a replay to make choices I wouldn't have made before

I did a ghandi style peaceful play through first time out, appeasing everyone trying to be as nice as possible.

Next play through ima **** **** up.

yeah I think that's the problem with these games, it's like the ones that give you a choice of being good or evil. I'm sure people do play through both sides but if you're evil, simply embrace it

Advertisement