Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I have a 1080, 16 gb ram and an i7 7700K , and no performance issues so to speak so I'm guessing it's patch related and only effecting some hardware .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

so the only 2 game modes i play,Domination and frontlines have been removed wtf like:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

I don't understand why they keep removing content. First it was Rush - which I think was only on there for 2 weeks - now Frontlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm guessing they didn't want too many options and wanted to add in Squad Conquest and Mercury only for a limited time so dropped Frontlines ( thinking people will play Breakthrough ) and Domination ( thinking people will play Conquest ) .

It's probably only for a limited time anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Shlippery wrote: »
    More hardware related q - but what would be best upgrade right now to improve BFV...(knowing that its a stuttering mess right now performance wise, but still ain't getting anywhere near the results i'd expect considering the hardware I have...)

I've currently got an RTX2080 , 16gb DDR4 aaand an i5 8600k

...would an 8700k/9700k be a ludicrous upgrade or would there be any value in the easiest option of adding another 16GB RAM while it's somewhat less expensive? Or would it all be a waste of time and I should just hope that a patch miraculously improves performance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxQp56Lc_kU&feature=youtu.be ( that cpu graph doesnt look healthy)

I have a 12 year old i7 930, with 12GB DDR3, and don't suffer any income stuttering. What's your core temps like? GPU's have latest drivers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    I have a 12 year old i7 930, with 12GB DDR3, and don't suffer any income stuttering. What's your core temps like? GPU's have latest drivers?

Yea, it's a known issue unfortunately with certain combinations of hardware by the sounds of things, so under investigation..hopefully be resolved soon.

Updated BIOS last night and did some overclocking which seems to have err..stabilised things a bit.

But I dunno. Still nowhere near where it should be! That being said, still enjoying the game a ton. Liking what I've seen of Mercury and lookin forward to whatever's coming at EA Play!

86v9wqleiq031.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Mr.S wrote: »
    Have to say, really liking the new map Mercury.
    Its going to end up being a classic in my opinion...

Every twat in the game running around with that AT rifle. Would drive you mad.
    Yet ye all hunger for hardcore...You say they are running around..so at least they are not camping..

Running was the wrong word to use. The rifle needs to be mounted in order to fire I think. That combined with the majority of players using it is a nightmare.
    You will find players going back to their preferred weapons I think, The boys is a rather slow weapon to reload so is easy counterable, plus when moving and using one, it takes an age to hit the dirt and aim...Its the campers who camp inside doors etc which are the bane of the game

Well then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

metro 1945. Awesome.

Some of those maps look really cool. And some of them look like firestorm

8 new maps before 2020, and one of them'll be Iwo Jima.

Future looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Be getting back into it lately.

Looking forward to some of the new maps over the summer. Delighted to see we're getting the Pacific theater of war and also the M1 Garand!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Some more nice changes.
    It's a good game this.

Tides of War for this week was a miserable facepaint. New map is interesting, B is a chokepoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Why have they not brought out a balance mechanic for this game.. Played the other night and half my team left and we got annihilated.

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Why have they not brought out a balance mechanic for this game.. Played the other night and half my team left and we got annihilated.

Super frustrating and some dodgy patches while the main dev team are on holidays for July. They gotta dig themselves out of a whole again.

Annoying as I love the game but it keeps getting set back..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Anyone seeing half invisible people running around the game the past couple of weeks? Playing on ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

Anyone seeing half invisible people running around the game the past couple of weeks? Playing on ps4

Spotted that a few times tonight, same PS4, basically a head and webbing running around, no arms body or legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Killinator wrote: »
    Spotted that a few times tonight, same PS4, basically a head and webbing running around, no arms body or legs!

Still doesn't beat:

jPwD38a.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement

New Marita map today for any stragglers or anyone who's been away for a while!

Game feels a lot more stable now with a big patch adding 2 more maps and increasing max rank at end of Aug

Sweet Jesus, 32gb patch, and not enough room on the hard-drive for it. Game is already taking up 100GB on a 240GB SSD. Don't know what to uninstall....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus, 32gb patch, and not enough room on the hard-drive for it. Game is already taking up 100GB on a 240GB SSD. Don't know what to install....

That’s the end of it for me now so
    Have has to go back to Three broadband so that ain’t happening

Ouch, last patch was small enough actually, so maybe the 32gb is an accumulation of a few missed ones! Would definitely invest in a bit more space though, SSD's getting cheaper and cheaper, can get 1tb drives for less than £100 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

I think I'll be waiting until the Pacific Theater of war is out before jumping back into that game.

I've researched and the 32gb replaces 10gb of game files, so it more like 22gb. Still a lot for a "patch", thank god I have fibre broadband.

Oh yea, if it's on Origin it does a 'preparing' phase first which quotes a massive number and takes quite a while, but I think that just organises the files, then once it's 'downloading' you see the true patch size.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Get a bigger SSD. 240GB is peanuts these days :eek:

Ordered a terabyte today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I've just downloaded this on ea access on PS4. Anyone got any advice for changing graphics or sound settings, any optimal settings that people would recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I've just downloaded this on ea access on PS4. Anyone got any advice for changing graphics or sound settings, any optimal settings that people would recommend.

it's typically the first thing I do when I get battlefield. Youtube "PS4 settings battlefield"

Advertisement