Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World of Warcraft: Classic

2»

Comments

Ivan, there's a northern irish guild playing on Shazzrah I believe. I'm playing with a few friends as horde on Nethergarde Keep as it was the only one with minimal queues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

The whole point of Classic is to have the vanilla experience (though at an end-of-classic point). That you keep talking about how they should have been improving classic suggests you sort of missed that memo.

I haven't seen people in-game complaining about volume of people, I've seen the opposite - people are delighted that you're grouping with strangers, talking to people, having to ask questions in general. You know, the 'MM' part of an MMO unlike later WoW which was just a solo game with multiplayer elements.

Well i talk to people, you seem to try to talk down a lot ;)

And i doubt most people enjoy, or would prefer waiting 5mins for a named mob to spawn for their group to be in with a chance to tag him first :rolleyes:

End game is what people enjoyed with Vanilla, not taking forever to do one ****ty quest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Been playing on Nethergarde Keep most of the night, really enjoying it and it is bringing back some fond memories, so many people milling about but I am not having any issues leveling or with quests, just hit level 10 after a few hours and enjoying the chat going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

After seeing all the hype I resubbed and joined up on Thursday night. Picked a low pop server (about 4pm) and it's been full each night I've gone back. Decided to roll an undead priest because a). For the horde and b). I've never mained a priest or a healer.

Playing vanilla is tough. I joined wow at Wolk, so I'm used to the slow leveling. But the drop rates are dire! It's great seeing so many people running around, but I think I'd rather be playing Cata or Wolk.

Anyone know why they're doing a server reset every night? Servers were down from 2 until 3 last night.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ivan, there's a northern irish guild playing on Shazzrah I believe. I'm playing with a few friends as horde on Nethergarde Keep as it was the only one with minimal queues.

Plenty of Southerners involved too :)

We are on Pyrewood Village.

nix wrote: »
    Well i talk to people, you seem to try to talk down a lot ;)

And i doubt most people enjoy, or would prefer waiting 5mins for a named mob to spawn for their group to be in with a chance to tag him first :rolleyes:

End game is what people enjoyed with Vanilla, not taking forever to do one ****ty quest :pac:
    No, I pointed out that the WoW devs have been clear and consistent on what WoW Classic is, but you somehow missed all that and think WoW Classic should be 'Vanilla revisited and made to be more like later expansions'.

Thanks for telling all 7 or 8 million people who played Vanilla what they enjoyed it for btw, speaking about 'talking down' to people. Just a note: the majority of players in vanilla never even got to experience MC, nevermind more advanced 'endgame content'. There were always far more social guilds than raiding guilds.

Dcully wrote: »
    Plenty of Southerners involved too :)

We are on Pyrewood Village.
    Is this the Unregistered Hypercam one that's on Firemaw now? That's the one I was thinking of when I messaged you! :P It's great if there's two.

No, I pointed out that the WoW devs have been clear and consistent on what WoW Classic is, but you somehow missed all that and think WoW Classic should be 'Vanilla revisited and made to be more like later expansions'.

Thanks for telling all 7 or 8 million people who played Vanilla what they enjoyed it for btw, speaking about 'talking down' to people. Just a note: the majority of players in vanilla never even got to experience MC, nevermind more advanced 'endgame content'. There were always far more social guilds than raiding guilds.

Is this the Unregistered Hypercam one that's on Firemaw now? That's the one I was thinking of when I messaged you! :P It's great if there's two.

Right me saying drop rates should be less cruel is me saying the entire game should be revamped to my liking :rolleyes:

And yeah i missed the meeting where the dev said the drop rates for quests will remain terrible, i prob didnt get the invite because im not a "everything is awesome" fanboy :pac:

And eh, Thanks for telling all 7 or 8 million people who played Vanilla what they enjoyed it for btw :rolleyes:

And eh, Molten core is end game content :confused:

End game = everything you can do at max level.

Or did you miss the meeting where the computer game devs said that? :pac:

I see your comprehension skills are absolutely dire.

WoW devs have repeatedly been clear on what Classic is and isn't. Beyond allowing people to use the more modern graphics engine, it isn't aiming to be anything beyond a faithful recreation of the vanilla experience (though with end of vanilla talents). This has been said many times, publicly, and at great length. That isn't 'my feelings' or 'my interpretation', that's the developers stated aims and intentions.

If you don't like the devs' vision & the finished game, stop posting stupid nonsense and go play something else. No-one is forcing you to embarrass yourself on a public forum.

I see your comprehension skills are absolutely dire.

WoW devs have repeatedly been clear on what Classic is and isn't. Beyond allowing people to use the more modern graphics engine, it isn't aiming to be anything beyond a faithful recreation of the vanilla experience (though with end of vanilla talents). This has been said many times, publicly, and at great length. That isn't 'my feelings' or 'my interpretation', that's the developers stated aims and intentions.

If you don't like the devs' vision & the finished game, stop posting stupid nonsense and go play something else. No-one is forcing you to embarrass yourself on a public forum.

I'm giving an opinion on a public forum, in hopes to start a discussion, pretty much what a forum is for, which you're having trouble grasping/accepting and being a total ass about i may add, tell me, who should be embarrassed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Cut out the bickering ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Haven't got back into this but wanted to read what people think of it and decided to go to the first thread on this forum and i'm the second person to comment :D oh the memories!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,829 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mod Note:

Lone Stone: Cut out the backseat modding.

Nix and Wetasanotter, can you please keep any discussion civil from this point on of there will be repercussions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Really enjoying it after so long, the nostalgia is real, memories everywhere i go in the world.
    Its a much more immersive experience than live wow, flying killed so much of the game.

My brother, a friend from vanilla, and I all needed to kill a named mob in The Barrens. We eventually tracked him down, but there were already two people waiting there at his still-visible corpse and more people arriving behind us. We invited both to our group, one (a mage) accepted. 9 minutes later the mob finally spawned only to be ninjaed by a solo druid. Another 10 minutes or so later, Kreenig respawned and a second party tagged him because our only party member with an instant cast was rolling a fag.

Finally, after 30 mins, we got the kill.

We spent the entire 30 mins talking to the people around us, the mage added my real ID and we're bringing him through RFC this evening.

Maundering on about poor drop rates is entirely missing the point of what people liked about classic. Most of my friends from classic were people I met questing and forming groups for 5mans. Those things were necessary because both were difficult & time consuming, gave you reason to talk to the people around you, and gave you an opportunity to befriend people by showing that you're a decent & pleasant player.

That's exactly what all the people who have spent years clamouring for official vanilla servers have been asking for, and it's what Blizzard have promised in every communication.

Fair ****s to them, they've delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

All my old guildies are currently playing classic, it's really cool to see on Battle.net.
    The memories of exploring barrens and skinning animals as rogue are my best gaming experience, i was just in awe of the sheer size of the game. I fondly remember meeting my future guild mates that would span a 10 year friendship.

That was what mmo's were all about, meeting and talking to other people then exploring it together, not the circus it turned into after wotlk.
    This is real positive step and i'm interested to see what Blizzard does next seeing as this seems to be a hit.

• Advertisement

So far i tried a rogue and hunter both to 14 on horde but i think i might switch over to alliance for a change hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

KilOit wrote: »
    All my old guildies are currently playing classic, it's really cool to see on Battle.net.
    The memories of exploring barrens and skinning animals as rogue are my best gaming experience, i was just in awe of the sheer size of the game. I fondly remember meeting my future guild mates that would span a 10 year friendship.

That was what mmo's were all about, meeting and talking to other people then exploring it together, not the circus it turned into after wotlk.
    This is real positive step and i'm interested to see what Blizzard does next seeing as this seems to be a hit.

100%. Been gaming with some guys lately that I haven't seen on WoW in probably 5 years, and it's been awesome. We've even recreated our old guild. Just like revisiting old times!

Hoping that if this is a success, they might progress into the Burning Crusade. I suppose it depends on how much energy Blizzard wants to put into this considering they're still rolling on with new expansions.

so i broke my new pc trying to put it in a different case so im back to playing legit on a potato laptop im hard core classic

Advertisement