Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What did you have for breakfast thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Told the OH I'd make him breakfast, so off he went to the shower thinking I was making tea and toast. Instead I made blueberry pancakes served with fried banana and maple syrup. He's a happy man!

blueberrypancakesJuly2013_zps5ac0fa7d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

We had bacon and egg baskets for breakfast this morning, made by himself of course. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭alphamule

two pieces of toast, an aero and half a bag of jellybeans

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, brown toast and tea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I actually had this for breakfast but I couldn't find the Heres What I Had For Breakfast thread anywhere! Hope it's ok to just stick it here...sure it was nearly lunchtime by the time I ate this!

mtpg84.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,798 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved. ;)

tHB

Lol I saw a notification on my followed thread, saw this thread and thought "I'm not following the breakfast thread..sure I can't even find it"
    Thought I was going mad.

Thanks Hillbilly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,153 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

fussyonion wrote: »
    I actually had this for breakfast but I couldn't find the Heres What I Had For Breakfast thread anywhere! Hope it's ok to just stick it here...sure it was nearly lunchtime by the time I ate this!

Are you sure those sausages are fully cooked all the way through?!:D

Are you sure those sausages are fully cooked all the way through?!:D

Lol I know..I like them well cooked. I did them in the oven too, hence the wrinklage :)

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    Lol I know..I like them well cooked. I did them in the oven too, hence the wrinklage :)

My sister is so paranoid about sausages, she grills them so much that they are kind of crunchy on the inside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My sister is so paranoid about sausages, she grills them so much that they are kind of crunchy on the inside!

Must admit I'm a bit like this :o no matter how long the sausages are under the grill for I'm always like ok another few minutes... and then end up putting them in the oven anyway for a while too

I don't like anaemic looking sausages and it's probably my Dad's fault for the way I am; he always cooked sausages til they were dark brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

I had two breakfasts today.. Don't ask..

First breakfast
    Limerick ham, mature mild cheddar and a spread of Dairygold on that generic bread from ALDI in the yellow waxed paper.
    Some chopped pineapple and grapes in pineapple juice.
    A glass of orange juice.

Second breakfast
    A strawberry Greek yoghurt from ALDI again, a banana and a 3pack of milk and cereal breakfast biscuits.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Kept it pretty simple today as it's a school day. Oatbran cooked in milk with a banana and a drizzle of honey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Two cold, hardboiled eggs. I know it sounds like austerity breakfast, but I'm so disorganised in the mornings that I barely even leave myself time to get these into me, not to mind doll them up a bit.

Also, I love cold hardboiled eggs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Two cold, hardboiled eggs. I know it sounds like austerity breakfast, but I'm so disorganised in the mornings that I barely even leave myself time to get these into me, not to mind doll them up a bit.

Also, I love cold hardboiled eggs.

Me too. All last week I had cold boiled eggs and an bowl of left over homemade coleslaw for breakfast. Unorthodox maybe, but yummy and portable.

Animord wrote: »
    Me too. All last week I had cold boiled eggs and an bowl of left over homemade coleslaw for breakfast. Unorthodox maybe, but yummy and portable.

And so filling. Won't feel a bit of hunger til lunchtime, guaranteed.

And so filling. Won't feel a bit of hunger til lunchtime, guaranteed.

Agreed, actually I start work at 8.00 so have to leave home really early and don't want to eat at that time. I find that a breakfast like above, eaten at breaktime, which is 10 ish will easily keep me going until late afternoon /early evening. Diet - Animord style!

My homemade granola with natural yogurt and blueberries. Absolutely delighted with how it turned out, will be making again! (It's oats, walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, dried mango, maple syrup and honey)

IMAG1421_zps0017add8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Haven't made granola for a while. Must do it again soon.

Husband is off today so we are having Eggs Benedict. Yay! It's a nice change because Monday-Friday is usually a quick bowl of porridge and blueberries or weetabix if I'm in a hurry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Two (left-over from Christmas) Aldi petit fours..

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

scrambled eggs & bacon with homemade brown bread (in the canteen :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

I had a small soft white roll with ham, cheese and coleslaw for brekkie. And a cuppa tae.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

2 slices of toasted soda bread & butter. Salt city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

Porridge as usual for me with ground seeds, honey and milk.
    Definately going to try the egg muffins I saw on the "what did you have for lunch" thread at the weekend and maybe keep a couple for during the week next week, for a change from the porridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Poached eggs, grilled bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and brown toast with butter. Tea.

Would not normally have that for breakfast but was so nice as a treat.

I had a smoothie. Frozen mango and cherries, Greek yoghurt, banana, orange juice, water. Very refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 KD3107

Muesli, Vanilla yogurt, banana and large mug of coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

berocca, piece of chicken and now a coffee, exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

A little late to reply, but here goes anyway : a scone with home-made pineapple and mango jam.

Yum :)

• Advertisement

Smoothie; this time time with mango, blueberry and cherry. Half a cup of hot oats with a little brown sugar.

Eggs Benedict with an additional boxty ball. Grapefruit segments and white tea.

Pang wrote: »
    Eggs Benedict with an additional boxty ball. Grapefruit segments and white tea.

I love absolutely everything about those two sentences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

Fruit crunch ryvita with some peanut butter and strawberry jam. and 2 mugs of coffee which have yet to take effect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Porridge with milk and a scoop of Pro-Release (strawberry smootie flavour) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Porridge. It was a miserable morning and seemed like a good idea but I would have given my right arm for a breakfast roll...

Porridge. My porridge has over time become more and more frugal. It used to be half milk/half water with a pinch of salt and some sugar on top.

It is now just jumbo organic oats and water. And I love it!
    I have it probably on average 5-6 days a week and couldn't imagine putting anything else in it. Sugar - eugh :eek: I'd still eat it with a bit of salt but I like it just as much without so why put it in? I really don't like milky porridge any more.

Brown soda bread with a slice of bacon and plenty of Flora. Was rushed for time so was lucky to even get this made!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lisatu

2 cups (read as extra large mugs) of coffee, a greek yogurt chocolate chip muffin that the kids baked last night. Too much chocolate chips for me but of course the kids would have loved more.

• Advertisement

lisatu wrote: »
    a greek yogurt chocolate chip muffin

What is that? Do you bake the yogurt in the muffin mix?

Yeah the yougurt is used in the wet ingredients instead of milk and it makes the muffins really moist. They were hands down the nicest chocolate chip muffins ive made. Sour cream can also be used in the same way.

I normally try to add in a mashed banana or grated courgette but then the kids dont eat them.

Sweet potato waffles topped with butter and honey.

Toasted bagel with poached egg, washed down with copious amounts of tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

dipdip wrote: »
    Smoothie; this time time with mango, blueberry and cherry. Half a cup of hot oats with a little brown sugar.

Do you use fresh cherries dipdip? And if so do you have some magic way of destoning them? Not sure be motivated to go to all that effort!

Do you use fresh cherries dipdip? And if so do you have some magic way of destoning them? Not sure be motivated to go to all that effort!

Actually I use pre-stoned frozen cherries. I get them in Sainsbury's if you could make the trek north and load up! 480g for £2.30 which is amazing value.

They're also good defrosted on a pavlova.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Brenda Costigan's American Pancakes, with maple syrup, greek yogurt and blueberries.
    So good!

[IMG][/img]0b362f17-22f3-4f0e-8741-9c3e5fb18787.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CyrilFiggis

This Thomasina Miers's Mexican breakfast dish.
    2zidnpc.jpg

Scrambled eggs on potato waffles with buttloads of tea... Perfect hangover brunch

My work is closed today so having driven an hour there and an hour back through floods and avoiding trees and other debris, I treated myself to bacon, egg, sausage, tomato and a slice of soda toast. All washed down by several cupan taes. I haven't had that for ages - damn it was good.:D

Toasted sesame bagel with ham and cheese. Food of the gods.

• Advertisement
Advertisement