Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for breakfast thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Just wanted to try this. I was intrigued by the simpleness and cheapness of it.
    Peas and oats.

If your into historical food at all this mans content is hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^ Just listening to the radio where old people were talking about what they used to eat. One biddy mentioned porridge with cabbage! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Had a couple of Denny no meat sausages this morning in a wrap with a fried egg, which I crisped up in the pan for a minute.

No photos, but seriously lads, them sausages are the next best thing to a real one, they're listed as made from soy based protein, coconut oil and Denny's famous seasoning.

Fried them in the pan with a spray of frylight (or something similar) for less than ten minutes, and I'm possibly converted.

Definitely a very close runner up to the real deal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

McMurphy wrote: »
    Had a couple of Denny no meat sausages this morning in a wrap with a fried egg, which I crisped up in the pan for a minute.

No photos, but seriously lads, them sausages are the next best thing to a real one, they're listed as made from soy based protein, coconut oil and Denny's famous seasoning.

Fried them in the pan with a spray of frylight (or something similar) for less than ten minutes, and I'm possibly converted.

Definitely a very close runner up to the real deal.

I'm always on the lookout for the best veggie sausage (right now, Eden from Lidl is pretty high up on my scale). Where would you get Denny no meat sausages?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I didn't cook this, will do this weekend, but has this last weekend.

Salt beef hash cake. 7 day salt beef, mash potato cake with mustard cream, poached egg. Think it was breaded in panko. Outrageously good.

Will post my effort (which will be shoddy in comparison) over the weekend.

HICXaac8dXPpFWtSdEcwivYsikQaqBDxPg81nzfReT-ZdQ-Lis8sPSuyWAGfWodUTAMWXZezWk9i1uNSl6COtJ1AWsUjLr06JZcolXU69o-dw3tGP-1htF1FH9DOkTSr5jo3plX9m_ExEFlNPnaL6hIx3xdN5dIJmlHpuEtmDwq-jY8QNbjbnS1hsKTQqLAoHFH4tK8B1pqEShVGig484Dvcb6YAAFQt9xeMKD8_jVqRCx5B4r2afa0GBWtESqWKjvocPx6n5rpW_FaPIvCWxoLWMyJ-Si_IQKq6r0Rks0ADohKKsuYCOeyk_tSlgtvvk49avs85BBqwBtFz8s5xz9WqBMuqIjonVMc9_QMv8-950gvdxh3la2nA-jAFxOW0-DdG86nBC0mHHl0AMacMc9D_wlRCh0VUgughxq9bnu-rb_HoZ0Fa6QqWOWX2yhLCX88sVfiX6cqkM4toB1m80If6-EBGtwzJzc6oJzGpbmlv2025d_13gcZ6R1r9oDRlJEGBS4vMK3a6QTeWFHJAYbKutbf9o67JONYK2pkRrVLqOJd9ubaSpIMr2Pbsp_0XPUwCFs_OO4sJpffOsPNdAr_gGpHaVc68huQJgxYOWXKdxx3Li3ncHkIevLgORehwgwN6a2hZENoRF4Op1owSrFr6hv9UZWcnmjiJsl8WRwaOKC1T5C2Mdl0u=w834-h625-no
    osQ177VO2naYH5eaEcOmy3oqHMuwkp-r3jJ4NnHQABMn2m9Ge8MOzTzxqamdCaksYB6lsOyX2DW5goTIzLP6bCj7b_oZNlUtSmRBwIg7OmU2LgFI5bo_z6rEHsqSDjX3Ih8K3fc1-vmwQQIlmrfIbjfxyBjkJVPx6RhHodhUl3lLA4q56b5vV4Qoq1i7QWdjTzu6VIHvMB3mnfukYoHH2sGXQcE4lMaQo0Jz9MK4qQbwTfbis6TnXVePZtQ98osuPIvXQkm-erzOQMU5NQw12FrbQzwYusR5SXRW1goe_J1C_a9p_3sS5k7P4x0CjtXxqkdc1v9JJT4DhIa6Pm-1HvueSNGrUC1x4UKNJc0Kg0irsYah4g5RBtvB3qNYYnIihU4wGKpcr1i0Srq7acH4KEpo42zR74Ctqwk1nXEmLZFUTxrnD7CStRlnE0KVm1dK6urU3InhgnL9W4ZuVKbNLryE_WXlRcvz4JCwIQWVoL5hMIZu5JI5sS03S37MnQgbKY9jFBSaTXdFFtThNMbmMV9o5te7b7VfYBv2ZuSJQWtFwIT-UwrZg9eAR8IFaZqZuQtxI1Mz-4T5GUGQd16K8B1yhcvKBavnfDvWBAlmuUAQ27kJcRdtz738PKsT8YS0OH_fGb6QkEK94rdosA4VlELwWsP8EreVF0FzKAvpHIiAdBJh6XO04M9a=w834-h625-no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I seem to be stuck on two breakfasts as sleeping little and awake at silly o'clock, then needing food at a usual breakfast time. Still stuck on baked beans and sausages cut into bits, and occasionally a rasher of smoked bacon and even an egg.. later , wholemeal toast with butter/marmalade or peanut butter with homemade blackberry jam, and coffee. Hoping to reform when spring arrives ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shenshen wrote: »
    I'm always on the lookout for the best veggie sausage (right now, Eden from Lidl is pretty high up on my scale). Where would you get Denny no meat sausages?

Sorry Shen I missed this.

I got them in Tesco, my wife says these need to be added to the weekly shop!

Rosti with black pudding and a poached egg. Last night's leftover mint pea puree.

IMG-20200321-121615.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Fried wild garlic mash, fried egg, avacodo, sumac, Frank's hotsauce.

https://i.imgur.com/K2M34TO.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

^ How did you poach that egg and was it supermarket or from your own chicken?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yesterday the egg ring I bought years ago for trying to clone a McMuffin finally got used to basically clone the actually far superior Burger King breakfasts

Circular fried egg, yolk broken; bacon medallions; and processed cheese in a brioche bun.

RasTa wrote: »
    ^ How did you poach that egg and was it supermarket or from your own chicken?

Me? Free range from the supermarket, poached in a salted vortex. Get the boiling water spinning quite quickly and drop the eggs in at the side. Take off the heat.
    L1011 wrote: »
    Yesterday the egg ring I bought years ago for trying to clone a McMuffin finally got used to basically clone the actually far superior Burger King breakfasts

Circular fried egg, yolk broken; bacon medallions; and processed cheese in a brioche bun.

Ooh you just reminded me that I've sausage patties in the freezer. Guess I'm having a sausage and egg muffin tomorrow it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

last nights left over baked potato. :cool:

Chopped sauteed with bacon lard-ons, and Sriracha then tossed in rocket topped with a dry Fryed egg

508624.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Flahavan's Hi8 muesli with plain yoghurt, blueberries and chopped dried apricots. A banana and a mug of coffee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Cadbury Mini Rolls

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Haven't done it yet, but a fridge check of what is coming close to date suggests that some variant of this - https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/flamenco_eggs_29298 - is in order for the morning. Probably a bit of spinach in lieu of the green beans however.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Ultrflat wrote: »
    last nights left over baked potato. :cool:

Chopped sauteed with bacon lard-ons, and Sriracha then tossed in rocket topped with a dry Fryed egg

508624.jpg

How do you deep fry an egg?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

54and56 wrote: »
    How do you deep fry an egg?

It's dry fried, not deep fried. You cook it on a non stick pan with no oil, and put the lid on for a bit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

DZjnnXql.jpg
    ......always drink Black Tea......pancakes, one with finely sliced banana and t'other with honey.

(Delicate......few ales last night :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Omelette today , 2 eggs, tomato, red pepper, onion, turkey and cheese. Nom.

• Advertisement

Tacos. Easy peasy and delicious.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Lent felt like an eternity this year, so I crumbled up 2 chocolate biscuits into my porridge this morning. Yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Two slices of white toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm really liking my morning porridge at the moment. Today I made it with milk and added dessicated coconut, chia seeds, hazelnut butter, raspberries, and blackberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Sourdough rye toast with 2 poached eggs and a grilled tomato.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Mine was a bit more like a dessert!
    509330.jpg

I had a bagel with a smoked rasher, a sausage and a sausage, with butter and chef ketchup, and it was fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭accensi0n

A KitKat.

I had a bagel with a smoked rasher, a sausage and a sausage, with butter and chef ketchup, and it was fabulous.

Must have been a bit tiddly when I wrote this.

Replace one of those sausages with a slice of white pudding.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

.....with a few flat breads (rising) later.
    I'll dress the hommus with Olive Oil, Cumin and a few whole olives.

sDzr4tFl.jpg

Advertisement