Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winterising my Bayliner 2655

• 27-10-2018 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hey I started winterising my boat last weekend and want to finish it this weekend. Last weekend I drained the manifolds and block, tomorrrow I have to remove the pipes to the thermostat and waterpump and get the last of the water out of there.
    My main is question is what do people do about the fuel and fuel tank, I know that the fuel tank corroding on these boats is an issue and is a massive job to replace when needed so I want to avoid that at all costs.
    On all the American sites they advise that the the tank be filled to the top and fuel stabiliser added to prevent condensation build up and therefore corrision, my problem with that is its a 70 gallon tank! Would I be better off sucking all the fuel out of it and leaving the caps off to keep the moisture down or must I fill it?
    Also they also recommend "fogging" the engine until it cuts out, again is this necessary for our climate for stopping the cylinders rusting up, I've never done this to a car and have left cars sitting idle in the shed for years with no issues of the rings gettting stuck?
    Any advise would be very much appreciated as I think some of the recomendations may be overkill

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

We don't get as hard a winter here as they do in the US if you just run the engine a few times over the winter it should be fine, filling the fuel tank will help with cutting down on condensation and if you have a good water seperator you will be ok just keep an eye on it when your back in the water.

Advertisement