Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018-2019 Champions Cup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

griffinlee wrote: »
    Zebo's been frequenting the boulangerie and the pastiseries whilst in Paris. George ford had him for gas on the last try.

I thought he was ok but just completely unaware or a little bit lazy. He was ambling across and then saw that Ford was scorching down the field. He put on a burst then to knock the ball into touch. But if he had been switched on from the start, he could have gathered and the whole situation would have been avoided.

Aside from that, I'd be quite miffed with the knock on call if I was a Tigers fan. Owens was about 10m away and the ball clearly hit the Tigers player in the face, even the commentator was able to call it immediately without a replay. If that plays on, I think the Tigers are in for another try, 2 bonus points and it's a one score game in the closing minutes.

Highlights are here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=235G9Zbxeo8

Final try and then knock on incidents from 11m 40s onwards.

Bit of a funny weekend from an Irish perspective. Ulster are the only side that will be really happy this morning. They showed real stomach in their clash in Wales and some of their recent signings turned in their best showings to date at the perfect time. I don't think the return fixture is a given by any stretch, however. The Scarlets will make some changes but those aren't going to really weaken them. They could conceivably bring back in Parkes, Halfpenny, Blade and Jake Ball which would make them a very different prospect so I hope Ulster aren't resting on their laurels at all this week.

But, from an Ulster perspective, it could be good that the Scarlets are due to face their closest rivals the following weekend when they go away to the Ospreys. That's always a niggly, intense game with a lot of local bragging rights on the line and I wouldn't be surprised to see them have that fixture at the back of their minds when visiting Belfast.

Munster will be midly pleased with their result but no doubt they'll see the missed BP as a lost opportunity. They absolutely dominated the game territorially yet struggled to make their superiority count in the try count, ultimately. Castres left some important players at home and will be a different prospect in France but I expect Munster to raise their game too. I reckon it will be an absolute dogfight down there.

The result in isolation was very solid but the fact that Gloucester got a very unexpected win in Sandy Park muddied the waters somewhat. Gloucester were underrated by many coming into this pool. They've built a big pack but have had some injury problems; aside from Mostert who has only been cleared to play in the past fortnight, they were missing the following thorugh injury: Ruan Ackermann, Mark Atkinson, Gareth Denman, Ruan Dreyer, Lloyd Evans, Todd Gleave, James Hanson, Jaco Kriel, Lewis Ludlow, Franco Marais, Tom Marshall, Paddy McAllister, Will Safe and Ben Vellacott. That's a serious injury list given there are several capped internationals in there. The Munster visit could be the tie of the pool.

Leinster will be slightly deflated and licking their wounds a little after Bath took them on up front and gained parity. They looked below par in most areas and will be happy to take a win back to Dublin. Wasps weren't able to do them any favours either so it looks like it should all come down to the Toulouse visit. But Leinster will need to deliver on Saturday first and that means putting Bath away comfortably. The performance last week will hopefully have jarred them into action and focussed minds. Unfortunately, the forecast is for rain at this point but the Aviva should keep the wind down to a lesser degree than The Rec. And they'll have flags. A BP will be important as one would expect Toulouse to achieve the same against Wasps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Looks like they have tweaked the rules for home advantage in semi finals. 1st and 2nd guaranteed home advantage.

Didn't see any announcement at the time but seems pretty big change.

NOCKOUT STAGE

2.4 The clubs ranked 1 to 4 will have home advantage for the quarter-finals as follows:
    Club 1 v Club 8 (QF1)
    Club 4 v Club 5 (QF2)
    Club 3 v Club 6 (QF3)
    Club 2 v Club 7 (QF4)

The winner of QF1 will play the winner of QF2 in one semi-final, and the winner of QF3 will play the winner of QF4 in the other semi-final as follows:

Semi-final 1: winner QF1 v winner QF2
    Semi-final 2: winner QF3 v winner QF4

The semi-final matches will be played at venues designated by EPCR, and the highest-ranked clubs from the pool stage will have home country advantage in their respective semi-final matches:

(a) For Semi-final 1

If the clubs ranked 1 and 4 win their QFs, the club ranked 1 will have home country

If the clubs ranked 1 and 5 win their QFs, the club ranked 1 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 and 4 win their QFs, the club ranked 4 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 and 5 win their QFs, the club ranked 5 will have home country advantage

(b) For Semi-final 2

If the clubs ranked 3 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 2 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 3 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 3 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 2 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 6 will have home country advantage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

The year it was really gonna make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Buer wrote: »
    Bit of a funny weekend from an Irish perspective. Ulster are the only side that will be really happy this morning. They showed real stomach in their clash in Wales and some of their recent signings turned in their best showings to date at the perfect time. I don't think the return fixture is a given by any stretch, however. The Scarlets will make some changes but those aren't going to really weaken them. They could conceivably bring back in Parkes, Halfpenny, Blade and Jake Ball which would make them a very different prospect so I hope Ulster aren't resting on their laurels at all this week.

But, from an Ulster perspective, it could be good that the Scarlets are due to face their closest rivals the following weekend when they go away to the Ospreys. That's always a niggly, intense game with a lot of local bragging rights on the line and I wouldn't be surprised to see them have that fixture at the back of their minds when visiting Belfast.

Munster will be midly pleased with their result but no doubt they'll see the missed BP as a lost opportunity. They absolutely dominated the game territorially yet struggled to make their superiority count in the try count, ultimately. Castres left some important players at home and will be a different prospect in France but I expect Munster to raise their game too. I reckon it will be an absolute dogfight down there.

Leinster will be slightly deflated and licking their wounds a little after Bath took them on up front and gained parity. They looked below par in most areas and will be happy to take a win back to Dublin. Wasps weren't able to do them any favours either so it looks like it should all come down to the Toulouse visit. But Leinster will need to deliver on Saturday first and that means putting Bath away comfortably. The performance last week will hopefully have jarred them into action and focussed minds.

Ulster - TBP win this weekend gives them a real shot at qualifying.

Munster not getting the TBP could be a killer because I reckon they might struggle to get that in Castres although I do think they will grind out a win. If Glaws get TBP win over Exeter then that gives Glaws a chance at topping the pool. That's where Bonus points become important now.

Leinster have to match Toulouse this weekend. That then means a 5-1/4-0 win v Toulouse points takes away the need for TBP v Wasps.

• Advertisement

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Ulster - TBP win this weekend gives them a real shot at qualifying.

Munster not getting the TBP could be a killer because I reckon they might struggle to get that in Castres although I do think they will grind out a win. If Glaws get TBP win over Exeter then that gives Glaws a chance at topping the pool. That's where Bonus points become important now.

Leinster have to match Toulouse this weekend. That then means a 5-1/4-0 win v Toulouse points takes away the need for TBP v Wasps.

Munster should get a win to put them on 15. Glaws with a tbp win would put them on 13.

Gaws v Munster will be a big decider. Say Glaws and Munster both win with a tbp in final round, that's 18 for Glaws and Munster 20.

So unless Munster get a tbp win v Castres and/or Glaws fail to get one v Exeter, a lbp vs Glaws might not be enough for Munster to top group. That said they'll obviously be aiming to win outright

Eod100 wrote: »
    Looks like they have tweaked the rules for home advantage in semi finals. 1st and 2nd guaranteed home advantage.

Good. I couldn't stand that rule. Teams were rewarded for spluttering through the pool stages and then turning in a big performance in a quarter final to earn a home semi final rather than a side who had been consistently good throughout the tournament.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Didn't see any announcement at the time but seems pretty big change.

That's a pretty huge change! Still think there is a decent chance to come second though - not convinced by Racing.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    That's a pretty huge change! Still think there is a decent chance to come second though - not convinced by Racing.

Nope, I would say it's almost 50/50 that Racing blow it and lose either next week or in Belfast. They're a serious outfit when they're interested but they're so lackadaisacal at times, it's funny to watch.

We need to keep up our end of the bargain though....I reckon 14 points from our next 3 games needs to be the aim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Good. I couldn't stand that rule. Teams were rewarded for spluttering through the pool stages and then turning in a big performance in a quarter final to earn a home semi final rather than a side who had been consistently good throughout the tournament.

I'm undecided. I actually preferred random draws. How you're ranked after the pool stage is more of an indicator of how much other teams in your pool tries than how good you are. But this makes the pool points race more interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,618 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Don't think Glaws will get tbp. I was shocked they beat the Chiefs. I think they'll win, but a tbp is probably a little too much.
    Munster could sneak a win in France and really set themselves up for the run in.
    Edinburgh look to be cruising and I think they will go all out this week.
    I just hope Ulster continues the form from the weekend. They played with a lot of heart and were deserved winners. A win for Ulster will make the Racing fixture intriguing.
    It was a good rugby weekend, lots of good matches and more to come.
    The Irish provinces can all make the qf's, that would be amazing.

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Don't think Glaws will get tbp. I was shocked they beat the Chiefs. I think they'll win, but a tbp is probably a little too much.
    Munster could sneak a win in France and really set themselves up for the run in.
    Edinburgh look to be cruising and I think they will go all out this week.
    I just hope Ulster continues the form from the weekend. They played with a lot of heart and were deserved winners. A win for Ulster will make the Racing fixture intriguing.
    It was a good rugby weekend, lots of good matches and more to come.
    The Irish provinces can all make the qf's, that would be amazing.

Sneak a win? Munster need to win in France or they could be in a spot of bother.

Think there's pros and cons to both but get where you're coming from. So basically who's 1st and 2nd and automatic home advantage will be huge deciding factor in who gets to final.

I was looking and couldn't see anything from ERC or in the media about it but guess it will come into focus once pool stages finished. Presumably teams themselves know of these changes too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Think the QFs as it stands

Sarries v Ulster
    Racing v Glasgow
    Toulouse v Leinster
    Munster v Edinburgh

I'm actually going for

Saracens v Gloucester
    Leinster v Glasgow
    Ulster v Toulouse
    Munster v Edinburgh

So a guaranteed English semifinalist (as it stands) and only one French team in the knockouts but two Scottish ones.

Better be careful or the English and French will demand another "restructuring". :)

Has anyone bought Champions Cup final tickets yet? Looking there they seem either sold out or locked at the moment..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Has anyone bought Champions Cup final tickets yet? Looking there they seem either sold out or locked at the moment..

I got mine back in September. There didn't seem to be a huge number left back then.

I wonder how many tickets the home crowd are picking up on the back of the Falcons having a surprisingly strong European campaign.

troyzer wrote: »
    I got mine back in September. There didn't seem to be a huge number left back then.

I wonder how many tickets the home crowd are picking up on the back of the Falcons having a surprisingly strong European campaign.

Ah feck, might have missed the boat so! Yeah and guess they keep back tickets for finalists, sponsors, corporate, groups etc. I'd say there would still be some tickets available between now and then hopefully either officially or people selling if their team doesn't make it.

Ah feck, might have missed the boat so! Yeah and guess they keep back tickets for finalists, sponsors, corporate, groups etc. I'd say there would still be some tickets available between now and then hopefully either officially or people selling if their team doesn't make it.

You might get lucky. I know I'll probably be selling mine if Leinster don't make it.

You might get lucky. I know I'll probably be selling mine if Leinster don't make it.

Yeah in a way, it's a bit silly that tickets are on sale so early. Teams still have to get through pools, qfs and semis. I'm sure lots of people who will go even if their team doesn't make it but still quite a few looking to offload them between now and then. Guess organisers don't care once they're sold

Yeah in a way, it's a bit silly that tickets are on sale so early. Teams still have to get through pools, qfs and semis. I'm sure lots of people who will go even if their team doesn't make it but still quite a few looking to offload them between now and then. Guess organisers don't care once they're sold

It was brought in deliberately after "unattractive" finals didn't sell out. The intention was to make the final an event in its own right. It was worked very well to be honest.

• Advertisement

It was brought in deliberately after "unattractive" finals didn't sell out. The intention was to make the final an event in its own right. It was worked very well to be honest.

Yeah, there have been a few finals in the last few years with literally tens of thousands of empty seats. That double French final in Twickenham comes to mind when I think they were giving away tickets for free?

Yup, think that's why it's getting to places like Bilbao, Newcastle, Marseilles lately too. You'd wonder will it get to Italy in near future, or will they bring it to somewhere like Berlin to grow the game before that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The final tickets have always gone on sale the day of the previous years final. Going back as long as I’ve been going to them. Certainly wasn’t brought in recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

They usually release more after the semis?

clsmooth wrote: »
    They usually release more after the semis?

Unless you're absolutely loaded, good luck arranging the trip after the semis.

The hotels in Newcastle were already €300-€400 and over when I booked. Thankfully I preyed on some poor bastard on AirBnB who didn't realise they could gouge people that weekend.

The hotels in Newcastle were already €300-€400 and over when I booked. Thankfully I preyed on some poor bastard on AirBnB who didn't realise they could gouge people that weekend.

Ah feck again. Flights booked but need to sort accommodation. Was thinking hostel or airbnb but doesn't sound great so

Ah feck again. Flights booked but need to sort accommodation. Was thinking hostel or airbnb but doesn't sound great so

Get on that like a fly on ****e. I was looking to see that AirBnB.

Where are you flying into? I'm going to Doncaster.

I've gone to the first 3 Leinster finals, all booked after the semi final and none were exceptionally expensive. My accommodation was city centre for all three of them.

Tickets, accommodation, flights, ferries etc. always open up closer to the date as people look to offload their arrangements when their team doesn't make it.

I've gone to the first 3 Leinster finals, all booked after the semi final and none were exceptionally expensive. My accommodation was city centre for all three of them.

Tickets, accommodation, flights, ferries etc. always open up closer to the date as people look to offload their arrangements when their team doesn't make it.

We looked at going to Bilbao this year after the Scarlets game and the cheapest flight was €800 each. The cheapest accomodation we could find was €400 for a hostel.

It was insane money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

I’ve booked an Airbnb in Edinburgh for the final. It’s about 90mins away on the train so similar to staying in Santander for this years final!

We looked at going to Bilbao this year after the Scarlets game and the cheapest flight was €800 each. The cheapest accomodation we could find was €400 for a hostel.

It was insane money.

It's going to be insane if you look to fly directly into Bilbao and stay there on a new booking after the semi final.

You can do a change of name on someone else's booking when their team doesn't qualify, fly into another city, get the ferry and drive, hire a camper van, stay in a nearby city etc. There are plenty of options to do it at a far more reasonable cost. I would say the number of people who attend and pay the astronomical fees are in the vast minority.

Kevski wrote: »
    I’ve booked an Airbnb in Edinburgh for the final. It’s about 90mins away on the train so similar to staying in Santander for this years final!

Yup, train network in Britain is great. Edinburgh, Leeds, Bradford, Sunderland, Manchester, Glasgow....all 2.5 hours or less from Newcastle on the train.

Kevski wrote: »

Yeah flying into and out of Edinburgh so that's definitely an option. Think match is 5 so over about 7ish presume there would be train back to Edinburgh after. Might even be extra ones put on

It's going to be insane if you look to fly directly into Bilbao and stay there on a new booking after the semi final.

You can do a change of name on someone else's booking when their team doesn't qualify, fly into another city, get the ferry and drive, hire a camper van, stay in a nearby city etc. There are plenty of options to do it at a far more reasonable cost. I would say the number of people who attend and pay the astronomical fees are in the vast minority.

Fair enough, we couldn't make it work though. The ferry wasn't an option because of the time involved, we could only spend one night away max because of work.

We looked at flying into another city but they were still quite expensive. Santander was sold out and Madrid was around the €200 mark if I remember right. Not great considering it's a four hour drive away and then we still had an issue with accomodation.

To be honest, I would have been happy with the drive and pitching up in a tent but my Dad was the fussy one and just wanted to go to our local pub which is usually brilliant for rugby. The Off the Ball lads were there and everything. I could only go if I could keep the costs down, he could only go if the time and fuss was kept to a minimum.

We were gutted though, hence me planning it properly this time.

On a seperate note, rugby pass have done an article on their projected quarter finalists.
    Predicted quarter-finals:

Saracens (1st) vs Gloucester (8th)

Leinster (2nd) vs Glasgow Warriors (7th)

Racing 92 (3rd) vs Toulouse (6th)

Munster (4th) vs Edinburgh (5th)

I thought Leinster getting a 2nd seed was too reliant on other teams losing but to be honest, we actually still look good to get the 2nd seed. We're only really competing with Racing and Munster. I can see Racing dropping a game in Ravenhill and Munster are going to struggle this weekend and again in Gloucester.

Meanwhile I think there's a reasonable chance Leinster can bonus point win the rest of our games.

The final tickets have always gone on sale the day of the previous years final. Going back as long as I’ve been going to them. Certainly wasn’t brought in recently.

Fair enough. Maybe better to say a larger emphasis was put on it? Think they reduced he amount of tickets held back as well.

• Advertisement

I thought Leinster getting a 2nd seed was too reliant on other teams losing but to be honest, we actually still look good to get the 2nd seed. We're only really competing with Racing and Munster. I can see Racing dropping a game in Ravenhill and Munster are going to struggle this weekend and again in Gloucester.

Meanwhile I think there's a reasonable chance Leinster can bonus point win the rest of our games.

Ah ye have to be top of yer pool first before you can think of coming 2nd. :P

The automatic home advantage with getting 1st or 2nd is fairly big

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

I got my tickets back in May. Took the Golden Ticket offer of combined Challenge & Champions Cup ticket. There's 8 of us going in total. Munster fan living in Newcastle (and also a Falcons season ticket holder) so hoping for a Munster v Newcastle final :P or Munster v Leinster/Ulster. Regardless of who makes it I'll go as it's on my doorstep!!!

Ah ye have to be top of yer pool first before you can think of coming 2nd. :P

The automatic home advantage with getting 1st or 2nd is fairly big

We're second in the group but realistically Toulouse has it all to do to come top of the group. Anything less than a win in the RDS and they'll be coming second, they haven't picked up a single bonus so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I got my tickets back in May. Took the Golden Ticket offer of combined Challenge & Champions Cup ticket. There's 8 of us going in total. Munster fan living in Newcastle (and also a Falcons season ticket holder) so hoping for a Munster v Newcastle final :P or Munster v Leinster/Ulster. Regardless of who makes it I'll go as it's on my doorstep!!!

So what you're saying is we can all crash in your gaff ,:D

We're second in the group but realistically Toulouse has it all to do to come top of the group. Anything less than a win in the RDS and they'll be coming second, they haven't picked up a single bonus so far.

Ah I was being a bit flippant! :P I think Toulouse could get a tbp at home to Wasps this weekend as Wasps are effectively out. Possibly against Bath too. Would think Leinster should get 2 tbps too. So yeah think you're right, will come down to Leinster v Toulouse result and Leinster would be heavily favoured at home.

I think Racing still have a shot of getting 2nd as they haven't lost yet

• Advertisement

Ah I was being a bit flippant! :P I think Toulouse could get a tbp at home to Wasps this weekend as Wasps are effectively out. Possibly against Bath too. Would think Leinster should get 2 tbps too. So yeah think you're right, will come down to Leinster v Toulouse result and Leinster would be heavily favoured at home.

I think Racing still have a shot of getting 2nd as they haven't lost yet

Racing still have a really tough game in Ravenhill and Ulster won't lack motivation. Even if Racing does win, I can see Leinster overtaking them with bonus points.

Racing still have a really tough game in Ravenhill and Ulster won't lack motivation. Even if Racing does win, I can see Leinster overtaking them with bonus points.

3 tbp wins for Leinster puts them on 25. Racing currently 14 so 3 normal wins would put them on 26. Or 2 tbp wins and a lbp would put them on 25 and pd the decider. I think Racing could slip up in 1 game though and not sure they will get 2 more tbps.

3 tbp wins for Leinster puts them on 25. Racing currently 14 so 3 normal wins would put them on 26. Or 2 tbp wins and a lbp would put them on 25 and pd the decider. I think Racing could slip up in 1 game though and not sure they will get 2 more tbps.

Leinster would get the edge on PD, they have the best in the competition alongside Saracens.

I agree with you that Racing seem like they have a slip up in them and I think that'll be in Ravenhill. They should be able to salvage at least one TBP out of Leicester and Scarlets, I'm hoping Leicester put on a slugfest on the return fixture. Scarlets in Paris is an easy one, they've been brutal and will have nothing to play for. Neither will Leicester of course, except pride. Enough to deny Racing a bonus point anyway.

I can see Leinster finishing with 25 points and Racing on 23/24 depending on whether or not they get the LPB in Raven Hill.

Leinster needs to be targeting TBPs from here on out. If they do, they have a good shot at number 2, a really good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Gloucester should win comfortably tomorrow night.

Gloucester Rugby:

15. Jason Woodward; 14. Charlie Sharples, 13. Billy Twelvetrees, 12. Owen Williams, 11. Ollie Thorley; 10. Danny Cipriani, 9. Willi Heinz (capt); 1. Josh Hohneck, 2. Jaco Visagie, 3. Fraser Balmain; 4. Ed Slater, 5. Franco Mostert; 6. Freddie Clarke, 7. Gareth Evans, 8. Ben Morgan

Replacements:

16. Henry Walker, 17. Alex Seville, 18. Ciaran Knight, 19. Gerbrandt Grobler, 20. Alex Craig, 21. Callum Braley, 22. Matt Banahan, 23. Tom Hudson

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE GLOUCESTER

15 Joe Simmonds
    14 Santiago Cordero
    13 Ian Whitten
    12 Sam Hill
    11 Tom O’Flaherty
    10 Gareth Steenson
    9 Jack Maunder
    1 Alec Hepburn
    2 Jack Yeandle (capt)
    3 Tomas Francis
    4 Dave Dennis
    5 Sam Skinner
    6 Sean Lonsdale
    7 Don Armand
    8 Tom Lawday

16 Elvis Taione
    17 Ben Moon
    18 Harry Williams
    19 Mitch Lees
    20 Wilhelm Van der Sluys
    21 Sam Maunder
    22 Ollie Devoto
    23 Phil Dollman

Gloucester have some serious injury problems after suffering another couple last weekend but that's a significantly weakened Chiefs team. 9 changes from last week, I think. I'm sure they'll give it a good go but the drop in quality on the field has to have an impact.

Weather due to be good tomorrow night too; that selection could have a significant impact on the pool. The only plus is that the Chiefs obviously have decided to turn their attention elsewhere and will be putting out just as weak a side in Limerick, you'd have to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Gloucester have some serious injury problems after suffering another couple last weekend but that's a significantly weakened Chiefs team. 9 changes from last week, I think. I'm sure they'll give it a good go but the drop in quality on the field has to have an impact.

Weather due to be good tomorrow night too; that selection could have a significant impact on the pool. The only plus is that the Chiefs obviously have decided to turn their attention elsewhere and will be putting out just as weak a side in Limerick, you'd have to think.

Glaws get 5
    Munster get 4

That means a win for Glaws v Munster gives them a shot at a win in Castres to top the pool without having to chase TBP win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,903 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Oddly enough Musnter and Leinster games on the same time Saturday. Both kicking off at 5.30pm

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Oddly enough Musnter and Leinster games on the same time Saturday. Both kicking off at 5.30pm

They were talking about this on OTB, it was the French and English with the TV rights prioritising their own games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Sarries v Ulster
    Racing v Glasgow
    Toulouse v Leinster
    Munster v Edinburgh

To be honest I don't think this is even mathematically possible, let alone probable.

The implication of these permutations is that the groups from which two teams emerge will be Pools 1 (Toulouse and Leinster) and 4 (Ulster and Racing).

If Toulouse are to play Leinster in the q Final that would mean that Toulouse would have to win so well as to be in the top two ranked teams (which is possible) AND that Leinster would still have to do enough to be in the top two ranked runners up. Highly unlikely.

I think one of Ulster and Racing are going to do the other out of a place in the Q finals. Don't think two teams will emerge from that pool.

All speculation and conjuncture at this point though :)

Sarries v Ulster
    Racing v Glasgow
    Toulouse v Leinster
    Munster v Edinburgh

To be honest I don't think this is even mathematically possible, let alone probable.

The implication of these permutations is that the groups from which two teams emerge will be Pools 1 (Toulouse and Leinster) and 4 (Ulster and Racing).

If Toulouse are to play Leinster in the q Final that would mean that Toulouse would have to win so well as to be in the top two ranked teams (which is possible) AND that Leinster would still have to do enough to be in the top two ranked runners up. Highly unlikely.

I think one of Ulster and Racing are going to do the other out of a place in the Q finals. Don't think two teams will emerge from that pool.

All speculation and conjuncture at this point though :)

It's as they stand right now. If the quarter finals were this weekend.

I made the same mistake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement