Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

I thought the Dubai routing was longer than that.

It depends on your departure time from Dublin really. Total journey time from DUB-HND is approx. 19.5 hours total if you take the afternoon Emirates flight but 35-40 hours if you take the evening flight as times for the Dubai-Tokyo leg don’t line up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Anybody fly with Turkish or aeroflot? Im planning a few multi stops on way to Australia. Japan and the rugby world cup will be first stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

I just have this question to ask. Why is it called a World Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

TCM wrote: »
    I just have this question to ask. Why is it called a World Cup?

It's named after the founder of the tournament. Mr. John World Cup.

He established the tournament in 1987.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

Got to pay for ballot tickets tonight, closing time is Japan time on 5th, they are 9 hours ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

sligoblue wrote: »
    Got to pay for ballot tickets tonight, closing time is Japan time on 5th, they are 9 hours ahead.

Yeah I think it's 23:30 Japanese time tomorrow, so 14:30 here. Safer to do it tonight in case site crashes tonight. Also just a heads up, I had to ring my bank to get payment to go through. Possibly due to amount/paying to Japan so might need a bit of extra time, in case anyone has to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah I think it's 23:30 Japanese time tomorrow, so 14:30 here. Safer to do it tonight in case site crashes tonight. Also just a heads up, I had to ring my bank to get payment to go through. Possibly due to amount/paying to Japan so might need a bit of extra time, in case anyone has to do the same.

my Bank also blocked my initial attempt to pay, had to contact them to have the card unblocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Paid with a revoult card went through straight away

Has anyone received email confirmation of payment?

sligoblue wrote: »
    Has anyone received email confirmation of payment?

I did straight away yesterday. Maybe check spam folder? Or could be a delay if there's a lot of payments today. Should reach confirmation page anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Whitters22

Flights booked, deposit put down for tour with Unique Japan Tours. Only the tickets left to source, was unsuccessful with the ballot there. Somebody was saying here recently that they should pop up between now and next September??

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

Likewise, flights booked and paid for, accommodation booked, only got tickets for 1 game though..going for first 2 games, have Scotland tickets but no joy in Japanese game yet.
    Long way to go for one game if I can’t get more tickets..😟

There's a sale on in January for all of the remaining tickets.

First come, first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

So it next Tuesday at 11.19 that the next ballot opens. That's for those of us that were unsuccessful already. Am I correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

finbarrk wrote: »
    So it next Tuesday at 11.19 that the next ballot opens. That's for those of us that were unsuccessful already. Am I correct?

its 20:19 Tuesday to 23:59 Thursday but Japanese time

so 11:19 here on Tuesday it opens

I'd expect another email beforehand

Riskymove wrote: »
    finbarrk wrote: »

its 20:19 Tuesday to 23:59 Thursday but Japanese time

so 11:19 here on Tuesday it opens

I'd expect another email beforehand

They've had huge server issues with all of the rounds so far.

I have no idea how they're going to do it this time.

does anyone know if there is a an up to date indication of level of availability for games?

Just a word of caution, I got shafted by the RWC website when buying tickets in the last ballet. I got 2 tickets for Ire v Scot, went to pay for them the day before closing date. I input CC details, got a text from AIB to confirm I had made €391 purchase, I confirmed and AIB replied to say all was good. I hadn’t received an email from RWC after a few days, checked my CC and only €1/1yen had been taken in payment. Apparently that’s RWCs way of checking authenticity of CC. Bank have confirmed they authorised €391 payment, RWC are saying they are not at fault even though they submitted payment for only €1.

So, I’ve no tickets, RWC have said tough s**t, and I’m €1 poorer. Leaves a bad taste to be honest.

does anyone know if there is a an up to date indication of level of availability for games?

I think it's just a colour coded so fairly blunt, so not sure if it would have changed even if there was a lot of returns. I think all Ireland games and knockout games were limited tickets or something like that lately. Try the ticketing site, don't have link off hand I'm afraid

. Try the ticketing site, don't have link off hand I'm afraid

I couldn't find anything

However, the email says to check the availability in advance!!

• Advertisement

I couldn't find anything

However, the email says to check the availability in advance!!

Yeah I'm looking there and can't find it. Site isn't great. Have you an account yeah? Might have to go and try to apply for tickets and see if you can check that way? But probably say ticket window not open til 19th say

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭redved

is there any chance anyone on this thread has an opportunity to buy tickets for the quarter final that they are not taking up.
    Or if they are would mind buying two extra tickets. There is a group of us going over and getting anxious about the tickets, thanks Redved

redved wrote: »
    is there any chance anyone on this thread has an opportunity to buy tickets for the quarter final that they are not taking up.
    Or if they are would mind buying two extra tickets. There is a group of us going over and getting anxious about the tickets, thanks Redved

You know the general sale is in the next few weeks right?

troyzer wrote: »
    You know the general sale is in the next few weeks right?

Yup, all registered for that. Was just seeing if anyone had access to the earlier draw on Tuesday. There's 13 of us going and not a ticket between us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

The Tuesday sale is only for those who were unsuccessful in previous ballots - note, unsuccessful, not those who opted not to take the tickets they were offered. The real General Sale is next Saturday.

The Tuesday sale is only for those who were unsuccessful in previous ballots - note, unsuccessful, not those who opted not to take the tickets they were offered. The real General Sale is next Saturday.

Yeah I guess I am looking for people who were unsuccessful previously but who are not now going to go. A long shot...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

If you were successful in one ballot, but unsuccessful in another you get access to the Tuesday sale also

Email from the ticketing website there suggests that they haven't fixed their server capacity issue.

So even though the sale starts at 11:19, it's likely that you'll have to try and time it perfectly so that you can get in the queue for the site and get in at the right time. You get booted off after half an hour as well.

This is an absolute mess. Complete crap shoot.

Presale also seems to be available to anyone who got some tickets in 1 ballot but not all the tickets they applied for. Thought it was if you had no luck altogether in a ballot..
    Also says there will be more opportunities to buy in 2019 but dunno does this apply specifically to Ireland group or knockout games: " During 2019 there will be further opportunities to purchase RWC 2019 tickets as new ticket inventory becomes available. These tickets will be a mixture of seats released from ongoing venue planning and configuration, handbacks from the tournament's commercial programme and unions, and tickets that have been registered for official resale by fans who can no longer attend matches. Details will be released in advance of sale."

• Advertisement

Presale also seems to be available to anyone who got some tickets in 1 ballot but not all the tickets they applied for. Thought it was if you had no luck altogether in a ballot..
    Also says there will be more opportunities to buy in 2019 but dunno does this apply specifically to Ireland group or knockout games: " During 2019 there will be further opportunities to purchase RWC 2019 tickets as new ticket inventory becomes available. These tickets will be a mixture of seats released from ongoing venue planning and configuration, handbacks from the tournament's commercial programme and unions, and tickets that have been registered for official resale by fans who can no longer attend matches. Details will be released in advance of sale."

I wouldn't rely on returns for tickets further down the road. This is basically it. If you can't get tickets in this sale your chances of knockout games are probably gone. Unless you're well connected or constantly checking the site.

Advertisement