Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-03-2020, 09:48   #4681
n1ck

I just did the same, signed up max 2 days before our original was due to expire and we had no break in service.
Advertisement
12-03-2020, 13:14   #4682
scamalert

off topic anyone seem to have issues with their online accounts with VM ? trying to make payment gives me error, seems entire account is haywire
12-03-2020, 16:26   #4683
DubDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamalert View Post
off topic anyone seem to have issues with their online accounts with VM ? trying to make payment gives me error, seems entire account is haywire
They’ve recently updated their My Account section of the website. It seems a little broken at the moment though. Some sections such as usage and billing weren’t working for me either.
18-03-2020, 01:57   #4684
Conorrr.f

I’m thinking of cancelling my contract due to me no longer living in the house I originally got it for . I’m 5/12 months into my contract and wondering is there a cancellation fee and if so how much is it ?
18-03-2020, 02:14   #4685
GHOST MGG

€150.00
If you cancel when you are in contract, a charge of €150.00 per product or the monthly amount for the remaining months of your contract will apply to you, whichever is less
taken from the virgin media page
Advertisement
18-03-2020, 15:14   #4686
scamalert

thats not terrible in grand scheme, used to be 250 or something in that range, thou if your half way there is there any chance someone could take over it for you thou ? presuming someone does live there and they would need internet either-way.
19-03-2020, 15:37   #4687
chiefpleb

Has anyone tried cancelling sky sports due to have nothing on for the next two months nearly ?
20-03-2020, 12:21   #4688
scanner

I am trying to cancel the TV part of my Virgin Media , wasn't using it anyway , terrible service and only took as heavily discounted for 12 mths, just out of contract and with current issues , wife just laid off.

Problem is nobody appears to be manning phones at the moment , which is understandable , 1908 will only deal with technical queries (sales and accounts are closed )

How do I downgrade my package to basic broadband to reduce my outgoings , I have tried their live chat , nobody there , no one on phones , the only option to change online appears to be to upgrade , not downgrade , does anybody have any ideas .
Can'y afford large outgoings at the moment

cheers
20-03-2020, 12:31   #4689
Darby_321

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner View Post
I am trying to cancel the TV part of my Virgin Media , wasn't using it anyway , terrible service and only took as heavily discounted for 12 mths, just out of contract and with current issues , wife just laid off.

Problem is nobody appears to be manning phones at the moment , which is understandable , 1908 will only deal with technical queries (sales and accounts are closed )

How do I downgrade my package to basic broadband to reduce my outgoings , I have tried their live chat , nobody there , no one on phones , the only option to change online appears to be to upgrade , not downgrade , does anybody have any ideas .
Can'y afford large outgoings at the moment

cheers
I was trying to contact them in regards to another issue and tried live chat and that too and couldnt get anywhere. Nobody was there. I ended up emailing them with my issue and they replied within a day to me. I would guess emailing them is probably the only way to get through to them at the moment.
Advertisement
20-03-2020, 12:43   #4690
beauf

Might take companies a week or two to adjust to working from home or social distancing etc.
20-03-2020, 13:11   #4691
scanner

can you give me link to relevant email address to cancel , it must be hidden somewhere , I can find everything from SMS, livechat, "snail mail" but not email
thanks
20-03-2020, 21:16   #4692
BaronVon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpleb View Post
Has anyone tried cancelling sky sports due to have nothing on for the next two months nearly ?
Sky Sports is not a contract thing, you can cancel it whenever, no probs. (Well you could a few years ago, I presume that hasn't changed!)
21-03-2020, 08:43   #4693
Mav11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner View Post
can you give me link to relevant email address to cancel , it must be hidden somewhere , I can find everything from SMS, livechat, "snail mail" but not email
thanks
It is not on the site but Cancel@virginmedia.ie should get it. Worked for me recently.
Thanks from:
24-03-2020, 19:30   #4694
sonofenoch

Any chance of this crowd doing anything with their prices for the times we living in?? .....probably another 2.50 increase of thereabouts
Thanks from:
26-03-2020, 18:24   #4695
derra

Send a message via MSN to derra
Just got my first bill after the phone calls last month renewing contract , ended up with half price six months and just about full on for the remaining six.

Got the email last month stating what was agreed on phone and this month's bill is in the middle of half price and full price, i am sick of it, same fúckery each year.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion