Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Fury - Watch out!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just buy em some shoes, nice ones though otherwise you'll be eating them instead of eating steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Keyzer wrote: »
    I don't see any hysterical reactions - just men who appear to be sick tired of being demonised and blamed for everything thats gone wrong for women, since the dawn of time.

Oh you poor pet...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

meeeeh wrote: »
    Well at least we discovered that dinosaurs aren't extinct yet.
    oh do relax

• Registered Users Posts: 20,491 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Well at least we discovered that dinosaurs aren't extinct yet.

They turned into birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Cyclepath wrote: »
    And most couples I know also both have full time jobs. But guess what, the man generally takes responsibility for:
    • Organising banking/mortgage payments
    • Organising insurance policies on house/car(s)
    • Organizing and optimising utility bills
    • Maintenance/repairs of family car(s), home appliances etc
    • Physical work such as DIY, bins, gardening and so on
    • Sports fixtures with kids
    • etc

They handle far more of the financial/physical load...

And just one final point; having come through a recession and having seen several friends and family lose their homes, it's funny how nobody ever pointed at the female partner and blamed them for that. But the men, to a greater or lesser extent, certainly were.

I really don't think that list of jobs you claim are mostly jobs done by men, is generally true. Some things like DIY might be true. But the financial stuff like mortgages; do modern couples segregate that stuff? I really doubt it.

That kind of thing might have been true in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Women are angry lads and it all our fault....

https://www.independent.ie/life/health-wellbeing/do-you-suffer-from-female-fury-heres-how-to-make-it-work-for-you-38496980.html?fbclid=IwAR3_P7jtQapNyuD686hAh7FOtzjRz6lpyGLicxddnECYe6DBKTNwaN_Xwq0

Apparently we overdid the ould patriachal oppression and the girls don't like it...

What should we do with a child's temper tantrums, the article doesn't say...is it just women's tantrums we should encourage?
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Do not post to try and antagonise other users

That's much better. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

oh do relax

No need to be offended. I'm sure the joke was original 50 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Jmsg

It's a cultural disease emanating from the postmodern "individualistic" societies in which gender roles have been abolished and the sexes are viewed as totally interchangable. This results in women becoming possessed by their masculine side and men their feminine. They're then unable to process their emotions and become highly neurotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

If this thread is anything to go by, everyone is angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

That's much better.

My mod note applies to all posters regardless of the gender they identify as.

You don't want to see Mod fury here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The interesting thing about the article is that I didn't think it tried to assign blame. It states and speculated on why women felt angry but there was far more focus on what they could do to address and cope with that anger and at no point did it suggest directing it at men. As some have pointed out men can feel as equally frustrated about gender bias in other areas and I think they could take as much from this article on how to deal with that frustration as the women it's aimed at.

Jmsg wrote: »
    It's a cultural disease emanating from the postmodern "individualistic" societies in which gender roles have been abolished and the sexes are viewed as totally interchangable. This results in women becoming possessed by their masculine side and men their feminine. They're then unable to process their emotions and become highly neurotic.

I think we're still in the age where those can be regarded as modern phenomena, starting around 60 years ago, and still continuing. If there is a postmodern reaction, it will be against those trends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Oh you poor pet...

And there we have it, descending into patronising comments.

Bravo !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I tend to steer clear of angry men and women.

At the end of the day we're all responsible for our choices and decisions.

There's a lot of unfortunate men women and children who have no choice but to put up with people's anger and personality disorders.

Running into marriages and living together early on in relationships, making poor lifestyle choices, working in ****ty jobs with unreal expectations and pressure beyond comprehension.

For what the promise of a prize at the end, big bonuses and benefits.
    Like a donkey following the carrot.
    If you work your arse off you'll get a prize at the end of the week....

I can see why women are getting frustrated with the system and believing the lies being spewed to them from their peer's and what's expected of them .

It really baffles me why the focus is always on people's anger and frustration.

I never hear much on the media about the women out there who are happy out, living the dream.

There's a lot of them living rurally, they've left the so called rat race and are enjoying the artisan lifestyle, not interested in getting married to some jock or living the fast lane lifestyle of fashion technology and managing a team of unhappy people.

Just passed an amazing woman earlier, she's nearly 40 out picking BlackBerries, she'll probably head home later and make black berry pie, finish off some poem she's writing.

Put on a fire later, listen to her favourite music.
    Her boyfriend might drop by or her elderly neighbor will drop in for a chat and cup of tea.

She's quite content and happy, works for herself makes enough to get by.

She used to be in the cooperative world in London, woke up one morning said she's had enough.
    Started saving to follow her dream, now she's living it.

I think women are amazing, they're at their best when they are free from pressure and content with their decisions.

Keyzer wrote: »
    And there we have it, descending into patronising comments.

Bravo !!!

Brava.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Great name for a sequel to Fury Road.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    The interesting thing about the article is that I didn't think it tried to assign blame. It states and speculated on why women felt angry but there was far more focus on what they could do to address and cope with that anger and at no point did it suggest directing it at men. As some have pointed out men can feel as equally frustrated about gender bias in other areas and I think they could take as much from this article on how to deal with that frustration as the women it's aimed at.

The feminist narrative was at least heavily implied; that women were collectively oppressed historically by being relegated to a subservient role to men and that it is the injustice of this which has built up anger in women throughout the generations. But this can't be the case as women were far calmer and composed in former eras. The neurosis of today's women is due to their rebellion against their reproductive roles. They have only fought to be "liberated" to go and live as male egos because of a delusional perception of what this actually entails and they're now totally misfitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

I really don't think that list of jobs you claim are mostly jobs done by men, is generally true. Some things like DIY might be true. But the financial stuff like mortgages; do modern couples segregate that stuff? I really doubt it.

It's as true as the list of things women are supposed to exclusively do ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

Job for job in there in our case the above is almost spot on. My other half is physically fit and very capable. She has far more third level qualifications than I do yet I am the one tasked with any and all down to the most basic of diy jobs (which I enjoy doing, she doesn't know this). Sorting switching mortgage bank accounts/home insurance/ etc etc.
    Even today I get a call to order oil because she heard on the radio oil prices are sure to go up. On asking can she do it as I'm working, nope. Apparently I'm better at that type of stuff. But do you know what, this split of things to do doesn't bother us one bit. I'm an engineer and she's a social worker ( both paid the same as our male/female colleagues) and we genuinely laugh at people being so dramatic about the topic. In the home as long as one isn't sitting on their hoop while the other slaves away then it's all just false outrage. But sure look, maybe we aren't woke enough to fight each over when it comes to pointless sh*&e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

These threads always go so well. Good choice OP.

• Advertisement

Raconteuse wrote: »
    These threads always go so well. Good choice OP.

It's a bit of light relief after the serious topics of sandwiches, crisps and biscuits.

But this can't be the case as women were far calmer and composed in former eras.
    The neurosis of today's women is due to their rebellion against their reproductive roles.

The bit in bold is something that stood out to me in the article (it was implied in the article). How could anyone know how angry women were in the past? And how could they compare today's anger with previous anger?

Seems like an obviously faulty premise.

The bit in bold is something that stood out to me in the article (it was implied in the article). How could anyone know how angry women were in the past? And how could they compare today's anger with previous anger?

Seems like an obviously faulty premise.

Women's mental health has been plummeting continuously since feminism has been around, according to all the surveys.

Job for job in there in our case the above is almost spot on.

They would have been true enough for my parents and grandparents too. But I don't think it's accurate for young people now. Not in my experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Maybe, just maybe both sexes are getting angrier due to technology. Looking at that phone screen for hours a day ain't benefiting the human race. Am i right? **** knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Calm down dear

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Women's mental health has been plummeting continuously since feminism has been around, according to all the surveys.

We're there loads of mental health surveys of women over 100 years ago? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

And because the cock crowed the sun came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The feminist narrative was at least heavily implied; that women were collectively oppressed historically by being relegated to a subservient role to men and that it is the injustice of this which has built up anger in women throughout the generations. But this can't be the case as women were far calmer and composed in former eras. The neurosis of today's women is due to their rebellion against their reproductive roles. They have only fought to be "liberated" to go and live as male egos because of a delusional perception of what this actually entails and they're now totally misfitted.

Of course there was a feminist narrative but my point is that it didn't say a healthy way of dealing with anger or frustration was to take it out on men as one might assume judging by some of the reactions here.

Also, talk of women rebelling from their "reproductive roles" only helps the feminist narrative you described so succinctly.

• Advertisement

How so? Their "reproductive roles" are hardly a diminished position to be in although in them they can't strive to be a CEO of a large corporation which feminists seem to think every man is.

Advertisement