Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ARCTIC MC001-N ~ MultiMedia Barebone PC - €114.95 Delivered. [Amazon.de]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

SickBoy wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll check this out tonight and see if it resolves my audio issue.

The update didn't correct this for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

me neither

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Hope the mods don't mind.

I going to be selling one of my MC001 to help fund new project (Streamcom FC5WS Evo Fanless Chassis :cool: ).....
    Anyway it is the MC001-E model with DVD rom, 4gb of ram, a 40 gig harddrive, and a fresh install Windows 7 Home Premium. Was going to put it on adverts.ie but I thought I'd post here first. If anybody is interested send me a PM. 160 euro collect from Athy or 175 posted.
    Where are you getting the streacpm case? Would be interested to see what you do with it if you want to post over in the building and upgrading forum when your finishes? There is a thread for new builds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Where are you getting the streacpm case? Would be interested to see what you do with it if you want to post over in the building and upgrading forum when your finishes? There is a thread for new builds

I'm not in a mad rush to buy one as I've a nice Silverstone GD02B case to do me in the interim. I will see if one pops up on ebay over the next 3-4 weeks....missed one last week :( . If I don't get one on ebay most likely overclockers.co.uk will be the retailer.

I plan on getting a sub 15 watt silent HTPC either FM1 or FM2 socket in a passive system like this one . I literally have everything to do this and play around for a while.

On the FM1 socket apu side I've an A8-3800, an A6-3500 and a A4-3400 for playing around with. For FM1 motherboards I've a Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H and an Asrock A75-ITX (may not be compatible with the FC5WS Evo due to ram location so may look at another option for this)

On the FM2 side I've a A6-5400K, an A4-5300, a GIGABYTE F2A85XM-HD3 and an ASUS F2A85-M-LE to play with.

I've a few different fanless psu (picopsu type) and AC bricks to try. I was planning on doing a write up (time permitting)

Should have plenty of spare parts to sell when I'm finished :D

On my windows 7 installer (ultimate) i get an option to install x86 or x64 architecture -
    I chose x86 but i got an error after the reboot...should I have chosen x64?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

neacy69 wrote: »
    On my windows 7 installer (ultimate) i get an option to install x86 or x64 architecture -
    I chose x86 but i got an error after the reboot...should I have chosen x64?

Sounds like an error with the Disc/USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Yeah same with me also, forgot to check in here to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

SickBoy wrote: »
    Yeah same with me also, forgot to check in here to update.

Didn't work for me either.
    Think I might give XBMCbuntu a go.
    Was thinking of doing it anyway because wanted to set up some startup scripts to wake up my server when one of the clients starts up.

Remouad wrote: »
    Was thinking of doing it anyway because wanted to set up some startup scripts to wake up my server when one of the clients starts up.

You can do that in OpenElec using the Advanced WOL add-on.

If some of you are having audio problems then you should submit a bug report on Github. Or if there is an existing bug report, contribute to it with your own logfiles.

Allyall wrote: »
    Sounds like an error with the Disc/USB.

finally got it all sorted after some trial and error...Not exactly sure what happened but i now have a dual boot machine (OpenElec and Win7)

I used this guide step for step and found it really good...

http://www.mavvy.net/reviews/xtreamer-ultra/hands-on/multiboot/openelec-windows/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

the_pod wrote: »
    This one seems to have memory, disk, Windows 7 and blu-ray included for €240 plus shipping

http://www.amazon.de/Arctic-Cooling-Mediacenter-MC001-BD-T-DVB-T-Tuner/dp/tech-data/B005FYQKB4/ref=de_a_smtd

Not quite as good value- but Amazon.co.uk have 4 of them @ £259:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ARCTIC-MC001-BD-Centre-Blu-ray-Entertainment/dp/B005O8O0WC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370554012&sr=8-1&keywords=MC001-BD#productDetails

Bluray
    4Gb RAM
    500Gb HDD

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

You can do that in OpenElec using the Advanced WOL add-on.

If some of you are having audio problems then you should submit a bug report on Github. Or if there is an existing bug report, contribute to it with your own logfiles.

Cheers. That should do the job nicely.

Already have a monitoring script on the server to shut it if none of the clients are active on the network.

Might move to xbmcuntu anyway so I can use it to run emulators.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

A few are available again with a DVD-RW for €139 if anybody is looking.

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B005DL6V8G/

Same model is on their website for €226.71 + Shipping
    http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/living/entertainment-center/403/mc001-e.html?c=2296

and the Barebones without DVD is €219.37 + Shipping
    http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/living/entertainment-center/447/mc001-n.html?c=2296

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I got the blu-ray version, unfortunately I am getting a BSOD with an error relating to PFN_list_ corrupt. Anyone else had this problem with the Artic box running windows?

I'll be doing a clean install of Win7 to suss out the problem as it may be driver related. Otherwise it may be hardware related (memory module damaged?).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

I got the PFN corrupt list on a different media centre I was using last year (an nVidia Ion machine). It turned out to be the memory module that was at fault. If you google the error you'll find a few possibilities- and Microsoft has a knowledgebase article on it too.

The full Bluray version is available again- at EUR259

- Thats

Bluray drive
    500Gb Hard-drive
    Windows 7 HP x86
    4Gb RAM

Seems like a better deal than the DVD version (the bluray drive and the HDD together come to over 100- you're getting the Windows licence free and as for the RAM- perhaps you'd be better to put some proper memory in it anyway).

So tempted- but don't have the mulah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Its probably been asked before but:
    I don't have a DVD drive so am left with a big gap on the front. Is there some way to secure the black cover on other than sticky tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

tvercetti wrote: »
    Its probably been asked before but:
    I don't have a DVD drive so am left with a big gap on the front. Is there some way to secure the black cover on other than sticky tape.

Blue tack!

Some of that double sided 3M tape- works perfectly, and you don't see it at all when you apply it inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

quad_red wrote: »
    Blue tack!
    Some of that double sided 3M tape- works perfectly, and you don't see it at all when you apply it inside.

Cheers will work something out. I was hoping it just clipped in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭RoflHarris

Does anybody know of a good repositry of windows drivers for the arctic, I use it for openelec but also have a windows 7 install, however the video playback on it is awful, would love to use it for Sky Go, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

RoflHarris wrote: »
    Does anybody know of a good repositry of windows drivers for the arctic, I use it for openelec but also have a windows 7 install, however the video playback on it is awful, would love to use it for Sky Go, cheers

I put Win8 on it last week and had to remove an incompatible video driver to allow me to do the install. I then forgot about it completely, until now.

As all the US shows I watch are on a break, the only video I have tried to watch on it was a piece of the toy show on rte player and it was awful, but I was blaming the rte player.

I now remember that I need to go check all the drivers. Thanks.

Do you use any of the driver update programs to see if there is a new version of what you need available. Slimdrivers or similar.

http://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/mc001.html

neacy69 wrote: »

That's actually where I got all the drivers I currently use and its still giving me horrible playback :mad:

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    I put Win8 on it last week and had to remove an incompatible video driver to allow me to do the install. I then forgot about it completely, until now.

As all the US shows I watch are on a break, the only video I have tried to watch on it was a piece of the toy show on rte player and it was awful, but I was blaming the rte player.

I now remember that I need to go check all the drivers. Thanks.

Do you use any of the driver update programs to see if there is a new version of what you need available. Slimdrivers or similar.

Never heard of that program, I'll look into it when I'm home this evening, that's for pointing that one out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I looked into this a while back as I'm having the same problem. Rte player is crap but running xbmc off windows is fine. I think it was the graphics acceleration but need to look at it again.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Card is a mobility radeon HD5430 (ie laptop gpu)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,846 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads how much was the windows 7 version? Bought it there awhile back and thinking of selling it since I never use it

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads how much was the windows 7 version? Bought it there awhile back and thinking of selling it since I never use it

Depends on where/when you bought it. I got a version on amazon.de for 189 Euro (which needed more RAM- didn't have the advertised TV card etc etc etc).

Its only about 35-40 for an OEM copy of W7HP (if you hunt around)- your call really what you're looking for the machine.

I'd imagine you'd have very little difficulty shifting it at around the 200 mark.

Anyone updated to the latest version of OPENELEC? They have retired the Arctic specific releases of openelec for 4.0 onwards....I was just wondering if i can add the update files to the update folder from the generic build ontop of the arctic build...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Hi guys,

I bought the barebones MC001 off Amazon de in 2013 and threw in my own ram and HDD.

Thing now keeps powering down itself around 20 seconds after being powered on. Have had enough of it to be honest!

So it's going in the electronic recycling unless one of ye want it for parts?

It's boxed, main unit plus remote control and the antenna still in it's bag.

Am based in NCD and Dublin city centre during the day.

Cheers
    Quad

Advertisement