Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tobacco stains on fingers?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

saa wrote: »
    Got that, have ran out of filters before. I understand ya gotta get a hit off it but still.

I know, it's manky... Even using the filters I used to scrunch it up so more air (née smoke) got through, making filters half-pointless.
    Seemed to make the filter browner/fag deadlier though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Filters are for pussies. Permit the liquid smoke to flow into your lungs; undeterred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I know this may sound bizarre, but it really does work. Go out to the garden and dig up some soil, then lying down, place your hands in the soil and cover them up with it completely. Leave them there for about 15 minutes or so.

The nutrients in the soil will help get rid of the discolouring on your fingers. Obviously pick a day when it's not lashing, and bring out a pilow to lye on, so you won't be uncomfortable, as well as a book or something to entertain you, while you're waiting. You can remove your hands every 5 minutes or so, to see how the progress is coming along... but don't leave your hands in the soil for more than 30 minutes, as you may get Staphylococcus,which can be quite unpleasant. In reality, 15 minutes is more than enough. Also make sure you have no open cuts either, prior to doing this, for obvious reasons. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Lot of negativity in here. From the "positive people" ironically; the non smokers.

Smoking, is winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iamtheone

+1 on this,Grandma smokes and gave me the same method.My stains vanished after about 6 weeks on thier own after i began holding the cig this way.you can also avoid holding the very tip of filter where smoke is let out from, since when you puff on it the smoke is passing right thru your fingertips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Hey all. I've developed really bad tobacco stains on my middle finger (right hand )

But that's the fingering finger! That's not a tobacco stain... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

The nutrients in the soil will help get rid of the discolouring on your fingers. Obviously pick a day when it's not lashing, and bring out a pilow to lye on, so you won't be uncomfortable, as well as a book or something to entertain you, while you're waiting. You can remove your hands every 5 minutes or so, to see how the progress is coming along... but don't leave your hands in the soil for more than 30 minutes, as you may get Staphylococcus,which can be quite unpleasant. In reality, 15 minutes is more than enough. Also make sure you have no open cuts either, prior to doing this, for obvious reasons. Hope this helps.

They also may take root.

Advertisement