Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lfcmayo

hdmi but the box itself is unresponsive either with remote or front panel.

after boot i can even get to main menu nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭championc

Thanks. I'd be on for doing that but I'm not sure on what exactly to do on setup so might waste some of your time going back and forth to correct errors.

I tried your latest build from this morning, no joy. Yep, green screen does reference Autobouquets. I booted into Spark, hit Menu, Plugins and thought I'd see autobouqets there and would then hit the delete button. Maybe I was staring right at it, but I couldn't see it listed.

I'm also at the point where the OH has called me on my assurance that moving to this box wouldn't lead to a similar iterative cycle to get things working that happened with Media Center, so I'm already pretty much out of time.

While I'm generally happy to go with a Beta, it not having been tested on the Amiko Alien 2 Triple Plus device itself means it may well take a bit longer before any kinks are ironed out and unfortunately I can't afford much more time on it so I'll have to forego some of the features for now.

What are the currently available images that are known to be stable with the Amiko Alien 2 Triple Plus receiver?

Sorry, I thought you also had a GM Triplex. I too am on an AA2+ and have no real issues TBH.

As far as removing AB, it's in Enigma2 so you need to stay in there. Use Filezilla or another FTP program and connect to your box while it's on the green screen or rebooting after a green screen. Then navigate to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/ and delete the whole AutoBouquets folder

Champions OpenATV AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/j8y5fW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

lfcmayo wrote: »

Do you know for sure your box is unresponsive, or if the hdmi cable is bad? Can you try the box on a different tv, or try a different hdmi?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

From the other thread you say you see TO or some such on the front display. This usually means it cant find/read the backup folder on your disc.

From the other thread you say you see TO or some such on the front display. This usually means it cant find/read the backup folder on your disc.

Aw this is getting messy! He has posted in the other thread with different info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

championc wrote: »
    Sorry, I thought you also had a GM Triplex. I too am on an AA2+ and have no real issues TBH.

As far as removing AB, it's in Enigma2 so you need to stay in there. Use Filezilla or another FTP program and connect to your box while it's on the green screen or rebooting after a green screen. Then navigate to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/ and delete the whole AutoBouquets folder
    Thanks. I'm away for the weekend but will try that when i get back before changing image. Assume i need to then reinstall autobouqets? What's the best way to do that and are there steps i need to take afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lfcmayo

Yes the TO happened when i tried to intstall new images from the Firmware thread following the instructions given via root usb stick.

Black screen with sound happened 3 days ago, searched forum and found answer to change the skin.

Today tho total black screen, all connections are good. Remote non responsive,front panel only lets me toggle between spark or E2 on
    boot but on completion black screen no logos nothing

Cant get into main menu on either spark or enigma

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭championc

Thanks. I'm away for the weekend but will try that when i get back before changing image. Assume i need to then reinstall autobouqets? What's the best way to do that and are there steps i need to take afterwards?

The image already has the Bouquets created and I don't think there is much changes going on with Transponders so you shouldn't have an immediate need to run it.

Champions OpenATV AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/j8y5fW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Updated and upgraded champs new image through telnet and it killed the image. Did not reboot box for about 2 hours. Nothing works at all now - just black screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Updated and upgraded champs new image through telnet and it killed the image. Did not reboot box for about 2 hours. Nothing works at all now - just black screen.

Can you get into spark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Just in case it's any way relevant. I had a blank screen issue last week with a Hyperion v4 image. Reset box multiple times without effect. Front panel was stuck at boot. Then I reset the external powered hard drive too (power cycle) and the next boot worked. Clearly the drive was in a confused/bad state.

Ix

No problem with spark. I will just have to reflash image I think

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

zefer wrote: »
    Thanks for that hallo dare. That sorted it out and showed me how to use telnet. Cheers again.

Did you get any errors running opkg update?

Edit: reflashed and working now

Double edit. Was still getting same error in plugins after doing updates. Gone back to previous image

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Yes the TO happened when i tried to intstall new images from the Firmware thread following the instructions given via root usb stick.

Black screen with sound happened 3 days ago, searched forum and found answer to change the skin.

Today tho total black screen, all connections are good. Remote non responsive,front panel only lets me toggle between spark or E2 on
    boot but on completion black screen no logos nothing

Cant get into main menu on either spark or enigma

I seen on the Spark forum #34 a file called 'spark_rescue_image_Amiko_Alien2'.
    Not sure if this recovery SW, someone else might know.
    Sounds like your in trouble, good luck finding a fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Guys help needed please

Im stuck with black screen on both spark and E2 with remote and menu button on front panel unresponsive.
    Tried installing new image with usb stick and nothing. Even on boot i dont see spark or Amiko logos just black.

Pretty new to this so any help appreciated

Have you tried the spark rescue image ?
    ://service.amikostb.com/spark_rescue_image_Amiko_Alien2.rar

Put http in front of this line as im not allowed to post links
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

Technofobe wrote: »
    Have you tried the spark rescue image ?
    ://service.amikostb.com/spark_rescue_image_Amiko_Alien2.rar

Put http in front of this line as im not allowed to post links
    :-)

anyone got the latest version of satellites.xml... mine apears to be dated.

Toplink wrote: »
    anyone got the latest version of satellites.xml... mine apears to be dated.

Google it, when you go to the site there's a list of all, just select what you want, enter the code and download

Does anyone have a zip file for saorview picons. Had to reflash to open atv and it is working well and accepted all updates. Champs image got stuck on updates for me.

Installed rats picons file but this hasn't given me saorview picons. Any help appreciated.

Does anyone have a zip file for saorview picons.

In the link in my signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Fresh Pots wrote: »

Here's my boot picture, I did a cutout of the amiko alien 2 box and superimposed it on the image, works a treat, thanks!

bootenigma_zpsdf8e97c2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

cyndale wrote: »
    Here's my boot picture, I did a cutout of the amiko alien 2 box and superimposed it on the image, works a treat, thanks!

bootenigma_zpsdf8e97c2.jpg

Is there a Hyp V4 version with a S*y skin?
    This image any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

This image any good?

Not that I know of, but now I know how to make up my own image in Photoshop, using the link that FreshPots posted to a lot of great images!:cool:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=boot+...280%2Ciszh:720

This image any good?

My image is v4 with two sky skins included. The newer one causes problems for some people so I left the old skin in too.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    My image is v4 with two sky skins included. The newer one causes problems for some people so I left the old skin in too.

Quality image it is too!!! Both skins work grand on my AA. Prefer the new one as it gives better epg info!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davehal

Hi,

I'm a bit of a newbie with these boxes but have been messing around with my new box for a couple of weeks.
    I've loaded on the latest Open ATV image posted by givecredit on 24th July.
    The image looks pretty good but when I run a software update, it defaults all the bouquets to German channels and it loses lots of the UK/Saorview ones. Is there any way to stop this happening?

Thanks!

davehal wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm a bit of a newbie with these boxes but have been messing around with my new box for a couple of weeks.
    I've loaded on the latest Open ATV image posted by givecredit on 24th July.
    The image looks pretty good but when I run a software update, it defaults all the bouquets to German channels and it loses lots of the UK/Saorview ones. Is there any way to stop this happening?

Thanks!
    You could probably use dreambox edit to make a backup of the channels then update your box software then reload channels back after
    Dreambox edit is available for download from the OpenATV site

Im not brave enough to risk the wrath of wifey and kids by testing out OpenATV yet
    will stick with Hyperion 4 for the mo :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davehal

Ok, I'll give that a go, need to get it up and running before the wife gets home from Bank Holiday trip!!!

davehal wrote: »
    Ok, I'll give that a go, need to get it up and running before the wife gets home from Bank Holiday trip!!!

Your best bet would probably to reload the image by givecredit again
    make your backup with dreamboxedit then update and reload the channels again from dreambox edit
    probably take an hour :-)

Hi freshpots

I don't know what you mean - in my signature. Is there a link? Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi freshpots

I don't know what you mean - in my signature. Is there a link? Thanks

Here
    http://goo.gl/eLaUN1

This discussion has been closed.