Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

I have checked directories and they are both in it. I think the aa2 was probably processing that when I was trying to pause.

I never noticed a timeshift directory on previous images so I think the reformatting required time for hdd to get established.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

lsjmhar wrote: »
    I have checked directories and they are both in it. I think the aa2 was probably processing that when I was trying to pause.

I never noticed a timeshift directory on previous images so I think the reformatting required time for hdd to get established.

Did you check CrossEPG is set to the drive and do a manual download too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Enigma newbie here, not sure if this is the right thread to post in looking for setup help, just let me know if not.

I bought an Amiko Alien 2 Triple Plus from Sat World today and they installed Enigma 2 on it and the Open ATV image (looks like July 22 build) so it came with the channels scanned and bouquets and main plugins installed, which is handy. I have it on my ethernet network working fine and have an EXT3 formatted 8gb USB key installed, testing recording at the moment and it seems fine. I have a 4TB USB3 3.5" HDD on the way, can you use two HDDs at one time (one temporarily attached for backups/plugin uploads), one for TV recording?

However, it didn't seem to pick up the Terrestial channels so I did a scan for those but unfortunately left Clear Channels at Yes so I think it went and added channels that aren't actually free-to-air, though it did pick up the terrestial channels. Problem is, I have to go to the Free To Air bouquet, otherwise it shows a huge list of channels that are not actually available, and the FTA bouquet doesn't include the Irish channels. I downloaded DreamboxEdit and managed to download files from the AA2 but with the picons (which weren't around last time I used that tool a few years back), it seemed a bit more complicated, so I'm not sure what the steps are for using that tool to adjust the channel sorting and also for deleting invalid channels. And will it risk messing up picons or can I just use it to edit channel settings?

So far it looks like a good device and software and will work well once fully setup, will take some getting used to though (seems to be aiming to try replicate the Sky UI, which isn't actually all that smooth a UI). I've gotten stuck a few times on a black screen, e.g. when stopping playback of a recording I can't get live TV going again, can't seem to find the right way back to it (Fav and EPG buttons don't work, playback stays black) and have to hit the off switch on the box.

Am now getting issue with it stalling after turning it back on (live TV playback begins but loading icon remains indefinitely).

Do people generally use the EPG button or the FAV button (and select mainly used bouquet) for flicking through channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭championc

Hey @Frank, you are certainly in the right place. Look at post #2 of this thread for how to edit bouquets without the use of DreamboxEdit.

As for Playback, Timeshift etc., and fteezing, there is a chance that it's OpenATV related because that version is very much only a Beta image and there are nightly updates so have you gone into Software Management and installed the latest updates ?

Does the splash scteen on booting have OpenATV

Champions OpenATV AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/j8y5fW or a picture of an AA2+ ?

FTA channels are satellite only, you will not find Irish as they are not FTA. Do not add terrestrial channels to the FTA bouquet, instead put them in favourites or make a bouquet down at the end called Saorview and put your terrestrial channels in it. You can update your satellite bouquets after with Autobouquets, it will not make any changes to this new bouquet add long as it's down the end of the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liverpoolee

Has anyone experienced this problem I'm having?
    If I'm watching a channel and want to record the rest of it, it will record fine. When I use cool TV guide epg and try to record a programme that's on later the record path will show the programme but it will be blank but only on $ channels. On a free view channel it will record ok.
    If I use the built in epg and press info I can record a $ channel that's on later on and it will record fine.
    I'm running cool tv 7.0 and I'm running hyperian 4 image. I've got tuner C equal to tuner B.
    The hdd is mounted fine and I can record from ts media fine.
    Any pointers appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Has anyone experienced this problem I'm having?
    If I'm watching a channel and want to record the rest of it, it will record fine. When I use cool TV guide epg and try to record a programme that's on later the record path will show the programme but it will be blank but only on $ channels. On a free view channel it will record ok.
    If I use the built in epg and press info I can record a $ channel that's on later on and it will record fine.
    I'm running cool tv 7.0 and I'm running hyperian 4 image. I've got tuner C equal to tuner B.
    The hdd is mounted fine and I can record from ts media fine.
    Any pointers appreciated.
    Go to emu manager and check that cao-ca1(or something like that] is disabled.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Go to emu manager and check that cao-ca1(or something like that] is disabled.
    Worked a treat that mate. I thought that had to be enabled to be able to do exactly as I wanted(record two different channels at once)on triple tuner boxes.
    Very much appreciate your help.

Edit. Just remembered why I turned this to enable a few weeks ago. When I disable it all my $channels go off. So I can either record stuff or no $channels.

Back to square one.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

I know in description for champs' new AT image, it says FTP/Telnet username/pass is "root" and blank but not working for me. Anyone else?

zefer wrote: »
    I know in description for champs' new AT image, it says FTP/Telnet username/pass is "root" and blank but not working for me. Anyone else?

Think its root and pkteam

• Advertisement

Worked a treat that mate. I thought that had to be enabled to be able to do exactly as I wanted(record two different channels at once)on triple tuner boxes.
    Very much appreciate your help.

Edit. Just remembered why I turned this to enable a few weeks ago. When I disable it all my $channels go off. So I can either record stuff or no $channels.

Back to square one.

Keep it disabled and set tuner c to astra 28.2. Same as tuner b but not "equal to b" if that makes sense.

Think its root and pkteam

cheers, thats it

Is someone impersonating me ? I can assure you the Telnet username is root and it then logs you straight on. I can only suggest that it's not my OpenATV you are using.

So when logging onto my own, I don't even get the option to enter a password

Champions OpenATV AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/j8y5fW

championc wrote: »
    Is someone impersonating me ? I can assure you the Telnet username is root and it then logs you straight on. I can only suggest that it's not my OpenATV you are using.

So when logging onto my own, I don't even get the option to enter a password

With telnet that may be the case but ftp details are different.

With telnet that may be the case but ftp details are different.

Yup, I use dcc to connect to the box and it's defo root & pkteam for ftp

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

How handy is it to add the Wifi adapter to the Open ATV image ? Just plug and play or is there some tinkering ?

How handy is it to add the Wifi adapter to the Open ATV image ? Just plug and play or is there some tinkering ?

Given that mine worked perfectly in OpenAR-P, I would like to think it will work in this too. I will check tomorrow.

It is likely that only certain chipsets will be supported

Hey @Frank, you are certainly in the right place. Look at post #2 of this thread for how to edit bouquets without the use of DreamboxEdit.

As for Playback, Timeshift etc., and fteezing, there is a chance that it's OpenATV related because that version is very much only a Beta image and there are nightly updates so have you gone into Software Management and installed the latest updates ?

Does the splash scteen on booting have OpenATV

Thanks for those pointers, think I've learned a decent bit but still have plenty of questions, so bear with me! Is there an easy guide on using DreamboxEdit to manage the bouquets (or does it also have to involve picons)? Can forsee I'll end up doing this a few times so learning how to do it with software rather than manual would probably be worthwhile.

I haven't done an update via Software Management yet, wasn't clear if that actually updated the generic OS or the specific image installed, very handy if I can just use that to do updates.

Splash screen on boot doesn't say OpenATV, it says Sky (seems it's a Sky skin installed, which I actually don't like and would prefer to change). In the Information - >About screen it did indicate OpenATV is installed though.

Since having to hit the Off switch, the device now stalls upon startup, live TV playback commences but loading icon remains indefinitely. Guessing this might be something to do with the USB key files getting corrupted during the sudden switching off? If I boot without the USB key will it do any damage and will I lose recordings?

Am mainly testing the setup at the moment waiting for my external HDD to arrive, but hopefully the HDD functionality is robust enough to deal with power outages without getting corrupted?

I didn't change the location of my record files or EPG folders when adding the USB key, does that happen automatically or do I need to change it?

I set the 2nd DVB-S tuner as 'Equal To' the 1st, will that allow dual channel recording/viewing?

Sounds like I need to use Mount Manager to add the external HDD? I also want to add a shared folder on my Windows Home Server so I can access its media, same process for that but don't mount it as a HDD replacement?

Splash screen on boot doesn't say OpenATV, it says Sky (seems it's a Sky skin installed, which I actually don't like and would prefer to change). In the Information - >About screen it did indicate OpenATV is installed though.

Right, so you are NOT using my Image. My image has a splash screen of an Amiko Receiver
    Sounds like I need to use Mount Manager to add the external HDD? I also want to add a shared folder on my Windows Home Server so I can access its media, same process for that but don't mount it as a HDD replacement?

Again, you are NOT using my image. My image will Auto Mount your USB Hard Disk, irrespective of whether it is in NTFS or EXT3 or whatever format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Splash screen on boot doesn't say OpenATV, it says Sky

Are you sure your using Open ATV ( which is very new and still a bit buggy )

Could it be Open ARP with the sky skin
    Does it say S*Y HD ?

• Advertisement

Keep it disabled and set tuner c to astra 28.2. Same as tuner b but not "equal to b" if that makes sense.
    Tried that. No dice.
    Both tuners B and C are set to simple, single, Astra/2A/B/D/eurobird 1 (28.2E)
    I can't record 2 channels at once even though on service searching/ satfinder both are showing up as connected. I can start recording a free view channel I'm watching and switch channels so both b and c coaxials are fine. But if I try to switch channels to a $channel it won't clear. If I stop the recording the $channel clears right away.
    If I start recording a $channel and then switch to a different $channel that clears as well. But...if I start recording a $channel switch to another $channel and try and record that it says a recording is currently running what do you want to do.
    In other words it can use both coaxials to record and watch but not record both channels.
    I've tried mapping CA1 to CAO to enabled and disabled and it's the same fault.

It's driving me round the twist.

Tried that. No dice.
    I can't record 2 channels at once even though on service searching/ satfinder both are showing up as connected. I can start recording a free view channel I'm watching and switch channels so both b and c coaxials are fine. But if I try to switch channels to a $channel it won't clear. If I stop the recording the $channel clears right away.
    If I start recording a $channel and then switch to a different $channel that clears as well. But...if I start recording a $channel switch to another $channel and try and record that it says a recording is currently running what do you want to do.
    In other words it can use both coaxials to record and watch but not record both channels.

This means the mapping is not working, flash another image

Right, so you are NOT using my Image. My image has a splash screen of an Amiko Receiver

Again, you are NOT using my image. My image will Auto Mount your USB Hard Disk, irrespective of whether it is in NTFS or EXT3 or whatever format.

Thanks. I know your image is Beta but its it stable door the course basics of course TV watching and recording? If so,I'll install that, just user the image in you're sig (i.e. That the one for AA 2 Triple Plus)?

It's quite stable even though it is a Beta. I suppose by saying it is a beta, it really means "don't come crying when it breaks from time to time" !!

You want

Tried that. No dice.

Are you using my backup image?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Where can I get a .mvi file to change the boot-up Sky image?

I put it into deep standby before I went out. Started it up just now and everything is working as it should. Both channels recording at once. All $channels clearing. Strange as I was restarting enigma earlier on every time I changed the setting.
    I've just made a full back up as it is now using spark so I can always go back to this set up.
    Hopefully that's it. Thanks to all those that helped ( especially fresh pots). It was only through your suggestions that I got it working again....lee

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Is it just me or is this new OpenATV image really slow to boot up and restart? It must be easily twice or three times the length of other images like PKT and OpenARP

Digidol wrote: »
    Is it just me or is this new OpenATV image really slow to boot up and restart? It must be easily twice or three times the length of other images like PKT and OpenARP
    Yeah it is slower but hopefully that improves over time. If people want a stable,quick image I'd advise them to stay with one of the others for another while yet. Yes open ATV is better but its still a little buggy and prone to the odd ramdom crash.

• Advertisement

Working Perfectly.

What you need to do is know the chipset of your wi-fi adapter and download the relevant driver from Menu > Plugins > Drivers

In my case, I have a Ralink 5370 but it looked like this, with no markings http://www.ebay.ie/itm/150Mbps-150M-Mini-USB-WiFi-Wireless-Adapter-Network-LAN-Card-802-11n-g-b-/331118106309?pt=UK_Computing_USB_Wi_Fi_Adapters_Dongles&hash=item4d182d56c5

So how can you identify your wi-fi adapter ? Here's how I did it

Telnet to your box and type "lsusb". You should see a list like this. Every box should have the first 4 items so the fifth is your usb wifi adapter
    root@amikoalien:~# lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
    Bus 003 Device 004: ID 148f:5370

Then check the link http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids matching the ID details. So in my case, it revealed
    148f Ralink Technology, Corp.
    5370 RT5370 Wireless Adapter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement