Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC Radio Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,401 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Jeremy Vine does two hours TV 9.15 to 11.15 am on Channel 5 every day. The last part of the show is prerecorded so he has enough time to cycle to the BBC for his 12 noon to 2 pm daily programme on Radio 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Yes Vine does TV and Radio on same day though bbc r1 and bbc r2 are 2 different age markets for Mills. I guess he'll be replacing one of the r2 presenters soon. He's 47 and been on with r1 23 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

Shaun Keaveney leaving 6 Music in September. I love his show and will really miss him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Jeremy Vine does two hours TV 9.15 to 11.15 am on Channel 5 every day. The last part of the show is prerecorded so he has enough time to cycle to the BBC for his 12 noon to 2 pm daily programme on Radio 2.

Interesting, I never knew that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Shaun Keaveney leaving 6 Music in September. I love his show and will really miss him.

Yeah..great show, funny guy.....reckon there's more to this than just wanting a change....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Genghis

Always enjoyed Shauns shows. Suited me better when he was on breakfast, mostly didn't miss a day. Haven't been able to listen in the afternoon as much and truthfully breakfast on 6 just has never been the same since the new format.

Earlier in the year we also had the change to a firm Saturday fixture - loved Liz Kershaws Saturday show, the replacement is a total change, all yoof soundz.

I must be reaching the BBCs Radio 2 demographic or something, 6Music is drifting away from me show by show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,261 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Heads up…

BBC Radio Wales will stop broadcasting on Medium Wave (MW657 or MW882) for good on Wednesday 23rd. June.

More info here:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/work-warning/news/mw-closures-2021

My understanding is that they will continue on 882. The 10 kW Wrexham transmitter will close, but Washford will still be there with 50 kW.

Genghis wrote: »
    Always enjoyed Shauns shows. Suited me better when he was on breakfast, mostly didn't miss a day. Haven't been able to listen in the afternoon as much and truthfully breakfast on 6 just has never been the same since the new format.

Earlier in the year we also had the change to a firm Saturday fixture - loved Liz Kershaws Saturday show, the replacement is a total change, all yoof soundz.

I must be reaching the BBCs Radio 2 demographic or something, 6Music is drifting away from me show by show.

Radio 2 leaves me cold. Too many personality presenters and the music isn’t for me. I agree with you about Liz Kershaw. I’m trying to listen to new music and in general I find Jamz Supernova really good.

What's the story with the TODAY programme on BBC Radio 4 suddenly only being available in the UK (when using the app)?

I've been listening to it (in the republic) without any problems, but this cropped up last week. Still available in NI, no problem.

I know I can still listen using a VPN or whatever... not that arsed... but what's the idea behind this?

• Advertisement

What's the story with the TODAY programme on BBC Radio 4 suddenly only being available in the UK (when using the app)?

I've been listening to it (in the republic) without any problems, but this cropped up last week. Still available in NI, no problem.

I know I can still listen using a VPN or whatever... not that arsed... but what's the idea behind this?

Probably because of EURO2020.

Probably because of EURO2020.

Actually, I was listening to it this morning on BBC Sounds.

Actually, I was listening to it this morning on BBC Sounds.
    On the app? How odd. I kept getting this. Haven't had this problem with any other programme, including PM or the Six o'clock News.

20210614-175422.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Strange one. I listened to Today on sat morning no problem.

On the app? How odd. I kept getting this. Haven't had this problem with any other programme, including PM or the Six o'clock News.

20210614-175422.jpg

Yes, on the BBC Sounds App.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Genghis wrote: »

Not you mate..its the great british public changing..we dont have this problem here because all the stations play the same tripe...and the sheep cant get enough of it...move with it..:P
    P.S...could you EVER imagine a show like Maconie's Freak Zone here....:eek:

R4 was blocked on BBC Sounds this morning from c. 8.20 to 8.35. The Sports News is obviously restricted, which is bizarre given that the games at the Euros are on R5 Live.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

R4 was blocked on BBC Sounds this morning from c. 8.20 to 8.35. The Sports News is obviously restricted, which is bizarre given that the games at the Euros are on R5 Live.

198 still has its uses even in 2021.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,362 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nick grimshaw announced yesterday he’s leaving BBC radio 1 after 14 years.

• Advertisement

Bruce Springsteen syndicated series 'From My Home To Yours' (Sat morning 12 - 1am) is geo-blocked on all Internet Radio, smart speaker sources etc..

It’s on radio nova from this evening!

yes, but will it be geo-blocked like Radio 2 ?

Radio Nova is the Dublin Station!

will Radio Nova geo-block Springsteen on-line, is my question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Today FMs Jessica Maciel filling in for Charlie Hedges Dance Anthems in Radio 1 next Saturday for 3 hours.

I believe she appeared on the station a few times since Christmas 2019, but not in the last few months at least.

• Advertisement

No, if you are in Ireland it won’t be geo blocked, not sure about non Irish listeners

does this woman really need more air time? seems to be on today fm a lot

I'm not sure what the BBC see in her? She just sounds like any generic female presenter that you'd hear across the FM dial in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

on sky tv bbc radio has disappeared. All that is left is RTÉ 1,2, Lyric, RnG, Newstalk and two of the most random choices imaginable , Punjab radio and EWTN. I don’t know how long they have been gone but I think within the past 3 months. Has anyone else’s disappeared or is it just mine. If it isn’t just mine, can I reprogram them back in? Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭eguiney

BBC Radio was never listed in Ireland. The other UK stations left after Brexit.

They can all be turned on to Other Channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭RINO87

Craig Charles new afternoon slot on BBC6 is brilliant! Such a great mix of music across all genres, and he's great fun to listen to.

Proper music radio.

Listening to todays pick of the pops on radio 2 and it’s as good as always and 1975 was a good year for music.

Btw Adele Roberts of BBC radio 1 had surgery for bowel cancer recently. I know she moved shows to the weekends but I really liked her early breakfast weekday show. Hopefully it all works out for her well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭crushproof

We've started listening to Pick of the Pops when heading out on drives at the weekends, great fun guessing what songs will come up. Some awful, awful tripe but it's great radio. Some songs that you would have never ever heard again. Gambo has such a wonderful radio voice.

some of the songs you describe as tripe, from the charts of the past, aren't all that bad when you compare it with todays proper "tripe"

Just watching the Chris moyles show final radio 1 show and there’s a video of the last crew. I know Chris and dom are on radioX, along with pippa from the breakfast show. I think Aled is in charge of radio 1(or very high up)and Tina the newsreader is still there in some capacity, but is comedy Dave doing anything on radio ? I know him and Chris fell out but I’ve not heard what he’s up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

comedy Dave was a radio station call hits radio uk used to do the breakfast last time he was on radio 2018 to 2019.i honest don't what he is up to since.

Sad news , I used to listen to her many years ago late at night on BBC Radio 2.

Overnight shows at BBC Radio 5 Live have been temporarily suspended due to a shortage of staff at the station’s MediaCity HQ. BBC World Service will be rebroadcast instead until at least April 4th 2022.

The World Service stays on GMT all year round.

Im late to this but the past few weeks at night I’ve been listening to Eve Blair on BBC radio ulster and it’s an hour and the soft northern Irish accent does help. Very very pleasant and enjoyable bit of wireless if I do say so myself.

• Advertisement

I've been listening to BBC Radio Scotland a lot recently and I love Gary Innes request show on Sunday evenings, a mix of Scottish rock ,folk and traditional music,very diverse!

Bono is on Desert Island Discs Sunday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0018njm

McCartney on BBC R2 last night from Glastonbury was absolutely brilliant, he stole the festival at 80 years old!

In addition to the news about Steve wright steeping away from his show on bbc radio 2, I see that Scott mills and Chris stark will leave the bbc in the summer which leaves a hole in the radio 1 schedule.

Okay seems Scott is just leaving radio 1.

I have to say I’ve a good few favourite shows on the bbc radio universe but Sara cox on Friday evening is one of the best. She just has a great way of capturing the mood of a Friday. There’s obviously Greg James on the breakfast show, and eve Blair on bbc ulster at night. And because she got the great that she’s cancer free, Adele roberts when she was on the early breakfast was a diamond.

And Adele roberts once of the early breakfast on radio 1, and is now on the weekends but she had battled bowel cancer and she posted on twitter she got the all clear during the week. Magic news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Newtownabbey's Dean McCullough will be taking over from Scott Mills in the autumn, along with Vicky Hawkesworth, with the show coming from Salford.

I was listening to the Today programme Saturday 15 October when this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18FT6C68SV8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭dball

• Advertisement

I was listening to Any Answers on Radio 4 Saturday 22 October when this happened.

Later on the programme finished earlier than expected, due to "technical difficulties".

Advertisement