Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A bottle of O'Hara's Imperial Stout, 20th anniversary edition, from my private collection. :P

Delicious stuff. One more in the box to age for another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

Westtmalle Triple is my Thurs night tipple, don't normally bother with beer during the week but an 8 week posting to Belgium has me spoilt for choice and I'm having a different brew every night, and well its great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

minterno wrote: »
    Westtmalle Triple is my Thurs night tipple, don't normally bother with beer during the week but an 8 week posting to Belgium has me spoilt for choice and I'm having a different brew every night, and well its great

Lucky man

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

minterno wrote: »

Had the Dubbel earlier and have a Tripel which won't be around for too much longer. Haven't had either in a long time, I'd forgotten how good the dubbel is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Possibly one of the best IPA's I've ever tasted.
    Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA.

Smells like slight orange juice and caramel.
    Blood Orange, grapefruit and piney hop flavors with very slight fruity notes.

It's 6.4% so have to be careful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Anyone know do Sweeneys in Glasnevin usually stock Yellowbelly Castaway? Struggling to find it locally :-(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Have you checked Molloy's on Thomas Street? It always seems to be on the shelves there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

BeerNut wrote: »
    Have you checked Molloy's on Thomas Street? It always seems to be on the shelves there.

Cheers will do if im completely stuck. Was hoping to pick some up around Glasnevin as im out they way on my bike later....

Quick heads up re. Musgraves. Friend of mine picked up 24 bottles (355ml) of Sierra Nevada for €54. They had Torpedo as well. Good deal right there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

ciaran76 wrote: »

That's a nice one, have you seen thier other one called Inversion? It's quite nice, more on the malty side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

An old favourite - Camden Pils. Ordered 12 from Amazon and they arrived yesterday.

• Advertisement

Ipso wrote: »
    That's a nice one, have you seen thier other one called Inversion? It's quite nice, more on the malty side.

Yeah had it before its very nice. It was a long time ago should pick up another one again to make sure its still good! lol

Going to a Granite City Food & Brewery place tonight so hope that has a good range of beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

Trond wrote: »
    Cheers will do if im completely stuck. Was hoping to pick some up around Glasnevin as im out they way on my bike later....

Quick heads up re. Musgraves. Friend of mine picked up 24 bottles (355ml) of Sierra Nevada for €54. They had Torpedo as well. Good deal right there...

I picked up 24 for 20 a while back had to be used in a few days but were drunk quickly

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A 2016 KBS, just because it's my birthday. :) A one word description for it - sublime.

And because she knows that I'd probably never buy them for myself, I got these from my wife. :D

brooklyn_black_ops1.jpg

9004-21657-thickbox.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Zaph wrote: »
    A 2016 KBS, just because it's my birthday. :) A one word description for it - sublime.

Having one myself. Cheers and Happy Birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

ciaran76 wrote: »

Beautiful beer! did you get it here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Garry123

Trolltunga Gooseberry Sour IPA, in Mother Macs Limerick. Good refreshing sour great to have these beers available.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Garry123 wrote: »
    Trolltunga Gooseberry Sour IPA, in Mother Macs Limerick. Good refreshing sour great to have these beers available.

Cheers for the heads-up, I'll try that over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

four_pure_oatmeal_stout.png

Fourpure Oatmeal Stout

Enjoyed this. All the flavours are fairly well balanced without anything in particular sticking out or dominating. Good carbonation and full body.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A fine pint of Wrasslers Such a great stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

BeerNut wrote: »
    Neither Francis nor Rosie keep well. Even within a couple of months of bottling they start to lose their essential hop character.

Just trying a rosie IPA from mcgargles for first time tonight. Never again. Nothing can touch Black's KPA or Sierra Nevada in terms of pale ale for me. Everything else pales into insignificance (pardon the pun ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JoeLapira

Working through a nice can selection tonight:

Beavertown Neck Oil Session IPA
    Beavertown Gamma Ray American Pale Ale
    BrewDog Elvis Juice
    BrewDog Dead Pony Club
    MetalMan Iron Monger IPA
    MetalMan Pale Ale

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

JoeLapira wrote: »
    Working through a nice can selection tonight:

Beavertown Neck Oil Session IPA
    Beavertown Gamma Ray American Pale Ale
    BrewDog Elvis Juice
    BrewDog Dead Pony Club
    MetalMan Iron Monger IPA
    MetalMan Pale Ale

Love the metal man pale ale. It's been a while since I had it. Think I got it in molloys before. Is it available in many places??

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JoeLapira

ozzy78 wrote: »
    Love the metal man pale ale. It's been a while since I had it. Think I got it in molloys before. Is it available in many places??

I'm based in Limerick, no place has it on tap here but most Fine Wines stock the cans. It would be my least favorite beer of the 6 that I have though.

Beautiful beer! did you get it here?

No I'm in the US at the moment.

Enjoying this alot at the moment. Tangerine flavoured IPA.

Smells great and tastes really refreshing. Tangerine is not too forward but you can taste it. Finishes piney but not too much. Really liked this.

Ipso wrote: »

Very good beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Getting very fond of Brewdogs Elvis Juice, a brilliant hit of grapefruit without taking over the whole Parker pallet.

Tried the Electric India and have to say I didn't like it. Supposed to be a cross of ipa and Weiss but the wheaty Weiss taste dominated and I didn't like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Just got round to trying Otra Vez by Sierra Nevada, great beer for drinking in the sun and the nicest gose i've tried.
    Like electric India a lot, felt it had much more spice and hops than you normally get with a saison. Preferred it to Quelle Saison.
    Juicebox was really nice as well. they don't overload it with fruit so it's easy to drink a lot of it.

Lost Continent - Grand Teton Brewing : Double IPA with great greapefruit taste. Alcohol hidden very well for a 8%.

Ultra Gnar Gnar - Base Camp Brewing company : Found it quite malty with a hint of toffee.

Invincible Pale Ale - Rhombus Guys Brewing company : Really liked this,lots of tropical flavors and smelled really nice too.

Moo Joos - Brau Brothers Brewing Company : plenty of chocolate and coffee going on once warmed up. Mine was way too cold so gave it 40 mins to warm up. As it got warmed up it was sweet but not too sweet either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Advertisement