Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There was definitely something going on that didn't feel right and maybe because I haven't had great experiences with McGargles, I didn't give it the benefit of the doubt. Warrants another go, I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Fresh Rosie on tap is also a decent beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Northern Monk - Communion
    Nice heavy citrus taste off this, nice level of bitterness without being too bitter. Was looking at the logo on this thinking that they robbed the Opeth logo, did a little google and realized it was a collaboration brew. One of the better band/brewery collaboration brews i've had.

Stone - Ruination
    Big scent off this. Getting a huge grapefruit whack up front with a lovely lingering bitterness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love Ruination. Does anyone know if McHughes on the Malahide Road have any?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Starting a 4 day weekend with Go To IPA, I prefer this to their regular IPA tbh, have the other 2 chilling in the fridge along with Little Fawn cans, but they're for a wedding tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Siren - Tschuss
    Loving this. Really refreshing. Really forward orange and blueberry scent with strong fresh mint aftertaste. Sound like a horrible combo but its delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

All beers start to lost their hoppiness straight away. We have been spoilt with super fresh Francis, that as it losses it's hoppiness we notice, except people only seem to comment when it's McGargles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Stone go to IPA is rather delicious. Same for the double but I'd rather the session. Canned on the 13 and 14th of July..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Wasnt impressed with the Stone IPA in Mulligans.

Had a few Full Irish on tap last night, top class!

Had a Stone IPA can there, lovely and fresh tasting still.

Just opened a Púca, White Hag Lemon Sour. Top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Had Stone's beli-cali ipa and ruination, not impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Had a Stone IPA can there, lovely and fresh tasting still.

Just opened a Púca, White Hag Lemon Sour. Top notch.

love the Púca. was drinking it on draft in blackbird. switched to a stout but had to go back for more as it so damn refreshing.

RIP Oliver Hughes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

2016 Hoptimum - nice but nothing spectacular. Would have prefered a King Maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Echoing the praise for Stone (Ruination and IPA).

Having a Lagunitas Aunt Sally. Not a style I usually drink but it's enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Siren Tidal wave, another cracking beer from these guys.
    Stone Go To was decent but better session IPAs out there.
    Happy Days IPA on tap was quite nice if you're looking for something light.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Little Fawn in can format.

Little Fawn in can format.

Had a few in powerscourt hotel on Friday, brought them myself of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

May not be the the correct place to ask but, can anyone advise what craft beers are currently on offer in Harry Byrne's in Clontarf at the minute if any? Haven't been there in years and will be there Saturday afternoon for a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

Just cracked open a bottle of 'kasteel rouge at 8%, first time I have tried it, its a cherry beer I think, very nice but a bit sweet and just the one would do you, reminds me a little of the Swedish pear cider, a bit too sweet but very nice taste

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

tang1 wrote: »
    May not be the the correct place to ask but, can anyone advise what craft beers are currently on offer in Harry Byrne's in Clontarf at the minute if any? Haven't been there in years and will be there Saturday afternoon for a few.

A range of Kinnegar, Eight Degrees, Hope, Wood Key all served there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

tang1 wrote: »

You can't go wrong with the place really.

irish_goat wrote: »
    A range of Kinnegar, Eight Degrees, Hope, Wood Key all served there.

Wood Key launched there, but I haven't seen anything from them in there since.

Kinnegar Scraggy Bay
    Eight Degrees Full Irish
    Hope something (Pale Ale)

the last time I was in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Pulp Fusion Blood Orange IPA, Boulder Brewing Company : lovely orange zest flavour and hints of caramel. It's 6.5% and too easy to drink.

Fruit flavoured IPA's seem to be the thing here in North Dakota at the moment. Here for another week so will try get through as many as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

anyone know if BrewDog's 'Restorative Beverage For Invalids and Convalescents' is in ireland yet and if so where in Dublin can I get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    anyone know if BrewDog's 'Restorative Beverage For Invalids and Convalescents' is in ireland yet and if so where in Dublin can I get it?

Salt House in Galway had it months ago so maybe the other Gbb's have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Just settling in for the evening. Started on a Bo Bristle Amber Ale, which was lovely. Now on a Clever Man Amber Ale, not so yummy. Can't put my finger on why though

Just seen its IPA day, IPA it is so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Hoppy Bitch IPA - Northwest Brewing Company
    Malty at the beginning but then has a bit of a grassy flavour finishes of bitter and dry.
    Nice but moved onto something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Beavertown Black Betty - feckin' delicious!

Advertisement