Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A3 again in 2020?.. or am I mad?

Options
  • 05-01-2020 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

A4 for less than a season, seems like forever ago now.. 2015. Got me my A3 upgrade with a cluster of 5th, 6th & 7th spots in quick succession. Season was nearly over then and comfortably got around the 3 or so A3 races that remained year as I had form:p. Thought I'd drive on! Plodded around A3 races for the next 3 seasons, seemed like the standard rose as the 'super juniors' took over. Never did a 3-day till '18 when decided I'd give Gorey a shot so set that as my target the winter before it and got around it.... just! Had my nose in front in Fermoy later that year with 300m to go only to get swamped! (Highlight!) Did a few races last year but seemed to get dropped all too often. Wrong side of 40 has long passed, I'm now on the right side of 50 so perhaps I'm done with racing.. maybe I've lost the bottle.. but what else is there? Sportives? Will do a few of them too.. a lot of them turn into races anyway & the only time I broke a frame in a crash was in a sportive!
    IVCA? All races based near Dublin and around in seems.
    A4 downgrade?, nope can't be done even if I wanted to.

So here I go again, early Sunday morning 2hr+ drives (max), nerves at me from the preceding Thursday, remembering all the kit, the rush!, ringing the wife afterwards to tell her I'm un-scathed (hopefully), the after race de-brief, Next night out? Mid-late September.

Will pick and chose the races I go to more carefully this year.

Wish me luck!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Mugser wrote: »
    Never did a 3-day till '18 when decided I'd give Gorey a shot so set that as my target the winter before it and got around it.... just!
    Think you'll go this year? I am definitely giving it a shot as one of only two stage races in commutable distances for me.
    So here I go again, early Sunday morning 2hr+ drives (max),
    Doing the same myself, with family I don't think it is fair to go much further. Except for the Galway Classic, getting the train over for that and booking it now:D
    Wish me luck!
    Provided your not racing much around Dublin, best of luck :pac:

Advertisement