Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment 2020-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭popers98

Has anyone gotten a reply from Nobox recruitment for Aer lingus yet since the recruitment day?

No what’s that?

Hey. Has anybody done their medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Boeing651

Hi anyone still waiting on a contract with all referencing vetting etc done?

Boeing651 wrote: »
    Hi anyone still waiting on a contract with all referencing vetting etc done?

Hey I’m waiting for my contract although I only submitted the vetting recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

For those of you who still wish to be Cabin Crew, i got this advertisement for TUI DUBLIN based cabin crew for the summer

Requirements:

There are some specific physical and logistical requirements for the role, to ensure that you can safely serve our customers on-board.

Regulatory requirements state that Cabin Crew need to:

Be able to move freely, forward facing down the aisle and pass through all aircraft emergency exits without assistance
    Be able to position yourself in to a restricted space at the aircraft door without blocking the evacuation path
    Be able to strap yourself in to a crew seat using a seat belt with a full over the shoulder harness
    (The above will be tested during training.)

Be able to reach the overhead compartments with a minimum 6’2” reach (not height) without shoes
    Be assessed as ‘fit to operate as crew’ by a suitably qualified Aero-Medical Examiner
    Be able to obtain a valid UK DBS Check/Police Certificate (or Irish equivalent for Dublin) and EASA Medical Certificate prior to starting training
    Provide verifiable references that cover a full 5-year period and be able to obtain any Overseas Criminal Record Checks for all countries where you have resided for 6 continuous months or more in the previous 5 years prior to starting training.

In addition, it’s important you are confident you can get from your home address to the crew room in 90 minutes or less. In practice, depending on the airport base, this may mean you need to live closer than 90 minutes to include both local and peak traffic conditions, parking and any travel time from staff car parks to the crew room.

I guess more details should be available on their website

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

smurfjed wrote: »
    For those of you who still wish to be Cabin Crew, i got this advertisement for TUI DUBLIN based cabin crew for the summer

I guess more details should be available on their website

Actually a very good company to work for, one of the better airlines

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Laurenquinn0

Has anyone that attended the recruitment day for nobox on the 22nd of January in Madrid gotten news yet or anyone after that date in a different location?

Hi, has anyone gotten their contract yet? I got an email a couple of weeks ago to say it was being sent out soon and still haven’t received anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SLR9000

popers98 wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone gotten their contract yet? I got an email a couple of weeks ago to say it was being sent out soon and still haven’t received anything..

When are you due to start? I got mine a few days before I started. Maybe give them an email if you're getting worried. They're very helpful!

Hey I’m due to start late April. I heard that they may be cancelling summer flights therefore some training groups may not go ahead.. I also can’t afford to wait until a few days beforehand as I have to hand in my resignation to my current job :(
    SLR9000 wrote: »
    When are you due to start? I got mine a few days before I started. Maybe give them an email if you're getting worried. They're very helpful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭suzycat

I'm getting worried this Corona Virus is going to have an impact on the rest of the training groups😯 where did you hear about summer flights being cancelled??

suzycat wrote: »
    I'm getting worried this Corona Virus is going to have an impact on the rest of the training groups😯 where did you hear about summer flights being cancelled??

Me too.. it might be a good idea to contact them

Me too.. it might be a good idea to contact them

There is an article on Newstalk about the plans to cancel flights in coming days 😕

There is an article on Newstalk about the plans to cancel flights in coming days 😕

Yeah seen that but nothing to do with EI

Yeah seen that but nothing to do with EI

It’s on IAG which owns Aer Lingus, hopfully it won’t transpire into cancellation of recruitment

It’s on IAG which owns Aer Lingus, hopfully it won’t transpire into cancellation of recruitment

Well I think that’s what we’re all hoping won’t happen :/ has anyone been in touch with them?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

If any successful candidate is worried then I would advise you to contact the company.
    This ongoing event WILL have ramifications for airline recruitment. And better to find out promptly rather than be on edge refreshing boards.ie of facebook

Tenger wrote: »
    If any successful candidate is worried then I would advise you to contact the company.
    This ongoing event WILL have ramifications for airline recruitment. And better to find out promptly rather than be on edge refreshing boards.ie of facebook

Company has been contacted and denied any cancellation of recruitment! The “rumours”are still ripe and the latest “rumour” is that all training after today is cancelled.
    The travel industry in general is been hit with people not wanting to travel.
    Successful candidates are going to have worries in case things change in the coming days or weeks before they start but cannot contact EI every day for reassurance! Anything can happen here and unfortunately with airlines it can happen over night!

Company has been contacted and denied any cancellation of recruitment! The “rumours”are still ripe and the latest “rumour” is that all training after today is cancelled.
    The travel industry in general is been hit with people not wanting to travel.
    Successful candidates are going to have worries in case things change in the coming days or weeks before they start but cannot contact EI every day for reassurance! Anything can happen here and unfortunately with airlines it can happen over night!

I understand what you’re saying but it would be helpful if EI could reach out to those scheduled for training to let us know what is actually going on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Unfortunately EI will be stopping all recruitment as a result of the implications on bookings because of COVID-19.

As things change quickly in aviation I would strongly recommend applying again or submitting an expression of interest toward future recruitment campaigns in the coming years.

It’s terribly disappointing for those who started training or were expecting to commence it.

• Advertisement

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Unfortunately EI will be stopping all recruitment as a result of the implications on bookings because of COVID-19.

As things change quickly in aviation I would strongly recommend applying again or submitting an expression of interest toward future recruitment campaigns in the coming years.

It’s terribly disappointing for those who started training or were expecting to commence it.

Hi jack, can I ask where you got this information from?

Is stopping training courses and stopping recruitment the same thing though?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Coffeelock2020

Anyone here due to start training have had their course cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LauralB

No, not yet! Hopefully it doesn’t come to that! Have you heard anything? When are you due to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Laurenquinn0

Where did you hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LT24

I’m due to start training the beginning of April, I’ve received my training contract and haven’t heard anything regarding this...

LT24 wrote: »
    I’m due to start training the beginning of April, I’ve received my training contract and haven’t heard anything regarding this...

It appears HR and instructors aren’t aware either......yet
    This could change but Jack is normally knowledgeable, I guess the best you can do is check your emails regularly, it’s a very worrisome situation to be in, hopefully it works out positively for everyone

Locker10a wrote: »
    It appears HR and instructors aren’t aware either......yet
    This could change but Jack is normally knowledgeable, I guess the best you can do is check your emails regularly, it’s a very worrisome situation to be in, hopefully it works out positively for everyone

And who is this jack fella and how is he so sure of it being cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Had a talk today with the head of training who said that cabin crew recruitment is still going on full steam - maybe good news for those unsure?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

And who is this jack fella and how is he so sure of it being cancelled?

Jack1985 is a long term poster who has repeatedly shown that they have pretty reliable EI info

Advertisement