Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs england

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

This is some good cricket, nothing stupid or reckless so far

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Damn.....

Thanks Judgement Day! Just switched it on in time to hear the catch...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Aww :(.

This is some good cricket, nothing stupid or reckless so far

sigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Ireland 62/1 in 9.4 overs.

Now thats a scorecard that i wasnt expecting.. Good stuff. Hopefully we will be able to maintain the momentum till the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Come on Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭positron

Lack of experience is showing I think. Between Stirling and Joyce, one should have taken charge and the other on support role - it's never good when both of them are going for fours in the same over - especially at this stage of the game.

If they can hold on to rest of the wickets for another 15 overs, even if that meant scoring at a slower pace, there's still plenty to hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Timely 6 from O'Brien, scoring rate had dropped to test match pace last 5 overs.

Ireland RR 5.29
    Last 5 ovs 26/0 RR 5.20
    Required RR 7.21

Required run rate is steadily creaping up - but that's okay as long as the current pair can stay for another 15 overs and take the score upto 200. They can start hitting then.

• Advertisement

We need to just keep going like this for as long as possible and not lose any more wickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Would love to get to 200 with these 2 still batting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No
    Ireland 103-3 from 20 overs.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭thunderthing

quick question here, cause i'm not sure of the rules. Do ireland have to get 328 in 8 or less of wickets, or is it ok if they do it in more? 328 for 9 wickets for example

quick question here, cause i'm not sure of the rules. Do ireland have to get 328 in 8 or less of wickets, or is it ok if they do it in more? 328 for 10 wickets for example

just within the 50 overs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No
    Thats it 106 for 4, abandon hope all ye who enter here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

No
    Joyce had a little amble down the pitch, not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

That's game ball right there...we'll be lucky to get to 150 from here most likely :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Collingwood and Swann take the pace off and 103/2 -> 106/4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Anyone following the game on yahoo cricket? Updates are so biased to England its almost funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

Swann gets another, reviewed but looked bang on the money.

World class spell from Swanny here.

Nelson strikes for the second time in the match!

Aw cr*p. They still have 27 overs to play - what's the hurry!? I really hope they set themselves the target to not to let England bowl them out clean.

I'm going on text updates here so I didn't get to see the wickets so how many of them were due to poor shots rather than good bowling? All bar Wilson?

keano_afc wrote: »
    Anyone following the game on yahoo cricket? Updates are so biased to England its almost funny.

Plenty of praise for Kevin O'Briens shots.

36 from last 3 overs

looks like Kevin has decided to take us to respectability all on his own :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Yep, enjoying Mr O'Brien's performance. Pity we didn't have this going on vs Bangladesh!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Disappointed with Stirling again today. Keeps getting a start and then getting himself out. Think a big score was there for the taking today if he applied himself better.

I reckon he is so used to hammering associate attacks, he can't get out of that mindset againt better oppostion. So instead of being watchful and respectful to the bowling he just goes after everything, which leads to nice breezy 30s but no signifiacnt scores. Today reminded me of the the Australia innings from the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

keano_afc wrote: »

Preety biased on the beeb as well, more about Englands mistakes than Irelands form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Alright I'm off. Hope we make a respectable score and then crash and burn for the remainder. So who's next? Are we going to get a win this tournament? Hopefully we will beat Netherlands. Not sure who else.

Advertisement