Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CWC Day 5 - Ireland V Pakistan, Ind V Bang

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

WICKET!!

Sami c Bray b McCallan 12

Great catch on the fence by the boundary rider!!

130/9

131/9 off 44

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Come on lads. One more!

131/9 off 45

Beautiful bowling by Johnston, past the edge repeatedly this over.. Its dull there now.

132 all out!!

Gul c sub (J Mooney) b McCallan 1

Ireland need 133 to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

DMC wrote:
    132 all out!!

Gul c sub (J Mooney) b McCallan 1

Ireland need 133 to win.

Yes please!!! And Pakistan's bowling is not at full strength so I think Ireland can take this :D

Bangladesh off to a relative flyer against India. 17/0 after 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

What are Ireland's odds to win this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Wow dont usually follow Cricket but do we have a chance of beating Pakastain at Cricket??:eek:

There good right?

And 132 all out is amazing isnt it?

Brilliant. Im gettin a few laughs off this thread
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=37766&page=16&pp=50

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

is_that_so wrote:

both sides basically even money.
    on betfair just now, Ireland 1.96 and Pakistan 2.0

• Advertisement

History in the making lads... Pakistan could effectively be kicked out of the WC by Ireland today!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

omg! just coming form out side.. i cant blv my eyes.. again a great show by the lads! Come on...

is_that_so wrote:

They were 8/1 at the start of play.
    They are now 6/5 on with Paddy Power, which is the same as Pakistan.

BTW... the pitch is covered. It appears to be raining during the lunchbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

Was chatting to Irish poker legend Scott Gray around an hour ago. He backed Ireland at 19/1 for this match this morning!

Wow dont usually follow Cricket but do we have a chance of beating Pakastain at Cricket??:eek:

There good right?

It's amazing alright. But Pakistan are known for their spectacular collapses. That doesn't in any way reflect badly on Irelands brilliant effort in the field.

The nagging thing now for the Irish lads must be that they would be in such a better position were it not for the extras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

We were 8-1 @ start. Both now 6-5 on. A toss up.

A great effort by the lads but I have a bad feeling the track and the additional pace of the Pakistani bowlers will prevail.

Don't get me wrong all fingers & toes will be crossed. It will be champion if we win, will more or less guarantee us a slot in the last 8 where we'll get to play in the big league. Will probably bankrupt the ICU but wtf

There good right?

Its a very low score for Pakistan against an associate country.

Truely.... we don't know how good that score is until they bat, in around 35 mins time.

The nagging thing now for the Irish lads must be that they would be in such a better position were it not for the extras

I think Ireland will take this regardless of the extras factor. All they have to do is pace their innings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Brilliant effort. They just need to get stuck in when they bat now. 1 batsmen getting 40/50 is whats required. Come on lads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

To be honest, I know squat all about cricket and Im not jumping on any bandwagon here - Im just happy to see my country do well.

Whats this down to, is it Ireland being brilliant, Pakistan being poor or a combination of both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Right well I'm off to go watch this somewhere in town, the tension is too much without a pint of something in front of me to calm the nerves :D

As long as Ireland keep a collective cool head, we should be ok. But who knows...

Right, off to the Russell Court Hotel (the only place I know of in town that's actually showing this :( )

EDIT: Actually maybe the Woolshed would be better... Either way, ttyl
    Fingers crossed

Archimedes wrote:
    To be honest, I know squat all about cricket and Im not jumping on any bandwagon here - Im just happy to see my country do well.

Whats this down to, is it Ireland being brilliant, Pakistan being poor or a combination of both?

Pakistan have been poor as a result of Irish brilliance.

Everything clicked into place with the Irish fielding effort and the Pakistani batsmen have cracked under the pressure. Bob Woolmer (Pakistani coach) predicted that the match against the Irish would be a possibly "slippery banana"... how right he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

What a performance, bowling Pakistan out for 132, just amazing.
    Going to be a tension filled evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

mikeruurds wrote:
    Pakistan have been poor as a result of Irish brilliance.

Everything clicked into place with the Irish fielding effort and the Pakistani batsmen have cracked under the pressure. Bob Woolmer (Pakistani coach) predicted that the match against the Irish would be a possibly "slippery banana"... how right he was.

I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself there. It's only half time!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Nice BBC report on it so far .

I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself there. It's only half time!

Gotta hype it up man. The Irish have made their own luck today and the Pakistani performance has been abysmal.

Cricinfo's report: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/285704.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i wish i had sky:mad:

17 yr old and 18 yr old batsmen holding up the fort for Bangladesh.

37/1 after 8.4 overs run rate 4.26... required run rate 3.77

All looking good so far for a day of huge upsets.

17yr old Tamim just hit Patel for a big SIX!

• Advertisement

An even better report....

English players out on the town last night!

England hand out fines to players

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6461975.stm
    England have fined several members of their World Cup squad for a "breach of team discipline" following Friday's defeat by New Zealand.

Team management have refused to name those involved, who went to a nighclub after the game in St Lucia.

The fines were handed out following a team meeting at their hotel.

England play their second World Cup match against Canada on Sunday, with their final group game against Kenya following six days later.

Advertisement