Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CWC Day 5 - Ireland V Pakistan, Ind V Bang

Options
  • 16-03-2007 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,499 ✭✭✭✭

Well its a second big day for Ireland. Pity the game is so soon after the draw against Zim. Hopefulyl the guys arent too drained, with plenty of the batters with something prove and a kind toss, I hope we can be competitve.

As for India V Banglades, well thats one of the few games where there *might* be a shock, but I doubt it.

Thoughts?

Updates here tomorrow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thoughts? That Pakistan are just about fragile enough to be given a shock but thier talent will see them through.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

hopefully the start of a cracking thread,really enjoyed the zim one:)

as for the game i`ll take it has it comes,anything could happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I'm hoping for:

Ireland causes shock Pakistani collapse through disciplined bowling and fielding

And, Banglas conquer their subcontinent neighbours in nail-biting thriller.

Probably won't happen, but it sure would spice things up in the Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

mikeruurds wrote:
    And, Banglas conquer their subcontinent neighbours in nail-biting thriller.

Indian lineup is pretty deep, with a lot of experience (Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguli) and plenty of very talented new faces too (Uttappa and the like). If Bangladesh breaks India tomorrow, I would bet on them to go on at least up to the semi finals! Not going to happen! The only real threat to India is just themselves - superior individual records and terribly inconsistent team record!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Ireland have had a dream start to the tournament compared to the other associates. Playing their fellow "minnow" first give the Irish a bit more of a spring in their step, than Scotland or the Netherlands.

As others have rightly said, field well, bowl tightly and who knows. I really, really hope that Ireland give Pakistan a close game, the last one couldn't be closer!

• Advertisement

positron wrote:
    Indian lineup is pretty deep, with a lot of experience (Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguli) and plenty of very talented new faces too (Uttappa and the like). If Bangladesh breaks India tomorrow, I would bet on them to go on at least up to the semi finals! Not going to happen! The only real threat to India is just themselves - superior individual records and terribly inconsistent team record!

I know you support India, but I have a few Bangladeshi friends... so let a man dream a little ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

I just really hope that todays game isnt a let down after such an outstanding advertisement for Irish cricket the last day. I hope we give a better account of ourselves than the other associates, Hol, Can, Sco and Ber, who have all been thumped so far.

As far as I can see, if the impossible happens (win today) we're virtually assured of a place in the super 8s. That means another 6 games I think.

First half of the rugby, the Man Utd game down low on 5 Live and then some red button action :)

The Banglas take their first wicket as Sehwag falls... 8/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

Saw we win the toss, what do we do, Bat or Bowl ?

Bowl and try to use any mositure in the air / track to hopefully get a few cheap wickets

or

Bat and try to post a total ??

What to ye reckon folks ?

I'd go with the bowling option. Excepting Bray, most of the bat's didn't front up the other day. However thus far any associated nations that have bowled first have been butchered.

• Advertisement

Clichés aside, runs on the board is tempting, but bowl first imo.

India 21-2

yeah, can you imagine electing to bat and losing two top wickets! India 21/2, this is going very well for Bangladesh so far!

The toss should've happened by now... no online source tells me what the result of it is yet... Sky Sports 2 red button from 2:15.

In the past Sachin-Ganguly, Sachin-Dravid, Ganguly-Dravid partnerships has worked well, but as always they never perform outside India! My money is still on India, lets see how this develops.

2:13 PM GMT The news from Sabina Park is that Irish captain Trent Johnston has won the toss and invited Pakistan to bat.

http://www.cricketeurope4.net/LIVE/1/commentary.shtml

Oh no, that will give them a chance to post a large - very large total, if things goes their way!

Splendid :)

The pitch has more green on it than a North County pitch in the first week of April!

Right decision to bowl first. Woolmer doesnt sound confident!

9.20am Here's the pitch report There are lots of cracks in the pitch, but they're not very wide, and there's a lot of grass about, more so than on the first two tracks here, which will favour the fast bowlers, and particularly the side batting first.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/wc2007/engine/match/247465.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

So that match has started?? I was expecting this to be next week some time.

About to start. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Cool I cant beleive it is on so soon after teh last match.

Wicket!

7/1 :D

Mohammed Hafeez out for 4, caught behind off Langford-Smith

Boyd Rankin, first ball of the 2nd over hits Imran Nazir right in the unmentionables :D

12/1 after 2.

A half chance over the top of the slips, raced for 4...

All action here!

Langford-Smith has an appeal for LB turned down, then as the appeal is happening, the ball almost hits the stumps. Next ball... a difficult c&b chance...

14/1 off 3

We're butchering Italy in 2nd half. 39 - 12 after 55 mins - Italians dead on their feet.

WICKET!

Younis Kahn c Botha b Rankin 0

15/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yes!!!! 15-2

Advertisement