Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Feeling like shiiiiit, night 2 of no sleep.
    Felt a bit feverish Monday night, popped a benelyn before bed and woke up normal.

Then progressively the fever came back. I’m like feck it can’t be covid, it’s more than a fever and a headache.
    Woke this mirning after maybe a 2 hour sleep and thought ok maybe I should get this checked out.

I see theres a test centre near me so I fill in a form online on my GP’s website and 10 mins later get a test for tomorrow out in the airport (I don’t drive).
    There’s a link in the text to say if you need to change tome/venue. I click on the link and it cancels my appointment.

Feck sake, so I ring the GP. The secretary who generally has a face on her at the best of times said, well why didn’t you write that on the form.
    I said there’s no question of that, you see my address why would you not choose the one a 5 min walk from my house. Then she said can you not just get a taxi? No, that would mean getting in a car with another person. Imagine saying to the driver, the covid test centre please. Stupid cow.
    After much sighing she manages to book me in for tomorrow.

That's a TA. Rude, misanthropic receptionists. My Dentist had one of those for years, I used to dread having to deal with the cow.
    Thankfully there is a nice friendly woman in now. Sourpuss must have retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I had a bag of frozen herbs (can't remember which one) that came in very handy thanks! Just the right size. It took about 2 hours to stop hurting! I'm such a moron :o Then I went outside to say hello to one of the crazy kitties and I think they were all a bit hyper and he dug a claw in to my finger!

I don't have sudocrem but would be ok to put some moisturiser on it now I guess?

An aloe plant in the kitchen is a great first aid to have.
    You just break off a piece of leaf(? stem?) and rub the soothing jelly on a burn.
    I've found nothing that relives burns as quickly.
    NIce plant and easy to grow, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Feeling like shiiiiit, night 2 of no sleep.
    Felt a bit feverish Monday night, popped a benelyn before bed and woke up normal.

Then progressively the fever came back. I’m like feck it can’t be covid, it’s more than a fever and a headache.
    Woke this mirning after maybe a 2 hour sleep and thought ok maybe I should get this checked out.

I see theres a test centre near me so I fill in a form online on my GP’s website and 10 mins later get a test for tomorrow out in the airport (I don’t drive).
    There’s a link in the text to say if you need to change tome/venue. I click on the link and it cancels my appointment.

Feck sake, so I ring the GP. The secretary who generally has a face on her at the best of times said, well why didn’t you write that on the form.
    I said there’s no question of that, you see my address why would you not choose the one a 5 min walk from my house. Then she said can you not just get a taxi? No, that would mean getting in a car with another person. Imagine saying to the driver, the covid test centre please. Stupid cow.
    After much sighing she manages to book me in for tomorrow.
    Sorry but I laughed at the part where you said imagine saying the covid test centre to a taxi driver. That's hilarious :D

Hope you feel better soon and it doesn't turn out to be serious.

There's a guy who reads the news on sunshine FM. He has the most nasally whiney voice I've ever heard. His name is Hugh something and he cannot even pronounce his own name properly. He says "I'm Hugh ofaranmmmjwsh" wtf?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

optogirl wrote: »
    The way RTE news readers, including those from Connemara, say Gardai and Oireachtas. Gawrthee and Ihricktis.

Haha I am completely the opposite. As they are correct pronunciations. It is when those from Dublin with rounded vowels who pronounce Gardai as 'gooor-dee' that annoy me!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Haha I am completely the opposite. As they are correct pronunciations. It is when those from Dublin with rounded vowels who pronounce Gardai as 'gooor-dee' that annoy me!
    Micheal Martin's "nnnnnnyphit" is my TA. And newsreaders generally stopping to take heavy breaths in stupid places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

optogirl wrote: »
    The way RTE news readers, including those from Connemara, say Gardai and Oireachtas. Gawrthee and Ihricktis.

Yep, Connemara Irish was an isolated outlier but has become the standard Irish to learn.

Would be like if they used the way yokels speak in Norfolk or somewhere as the standard English dialect.

A business posted on Facebook that they were giving away a hamper of their stuff, just need to like and share, and tag two people the usual. Scrolling through some of the comments, people falling over themselves posting photographs of themselves and raving about the business and putting pictures of themselves pretending be shocked when they win the hamper. One woman actually put a photo of her granny saying she'd been cocooned and would love it. Talk about pimping your gran. All our grannies have been cocooned ffs. The hamper is probably worth thirty quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Having plenty of food but no storage space left in freezer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Antares35 wrote: »
    A business posted on Facebook that they were giving away a hamper of their stuff, just need to like and share, and tag two people the usual. Scrolling through some of the comments, people falling over themselves posting photographs of themselves and raving about the business and putting pictures of themselves pretending be shocked when they win the hamper. One woman actually put a photo of her granny saying she'd been cocooned and would love it. Talk about pimping your gran. All our grannies have been cocooned ffs. The hamper is probably worth thirty quid.

Or the sob stories.....if I was running a competition I'd "accidentally " forget to add these people into the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Rip off Irish prices.

I was idly looking at cars and saw one for sale in Dublin for €67,000ish. A similar car in the UK - €34,000! There's no listing on the VRT calculator but they could charge ten grand and you'd still be saving yourself over 20k. Who in their right mind would buy from Dublin?

Might as well slip in a quick VRT rant while I'm here...

There's talk of changing VRT rates to encourage people into green vehicles. Great! I'm torn between saying VRT rates are too high because Irish cars are too expensive and we normally end up with poverty spec and lack of safety features because of it, and saying they're too low because so many people seem to treat cars like a leasable, disposable fashion accessory. I'm not saying we don't need VRT reform, not least because the EU says it's an illegal tax, but historically the government can't seem to tell a car that's good for the environment from it's elbow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,041 ✭✭✭✭neris

People or agents who advertise 2nd hand items such as cars for sale online and then never state they are sold or remove the ad

• Registered Users Posts: 16,080 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

People who waltz into the queue before you and think a smile will make it ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Hope all goes well, Muffin Top. Re doctor's receptionist, it is obligatory that they have to have an attitude. Local one wears a tracksuit, ponytail and of course the glare. Back in ancient times I did office work, told to be smart, pleasant and polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Id absolutely prefer them to put the money on the counter every time.
    My TA is cashiers who don't do that. I put my money down on the counter for them so I expect change to be returned to me the same.

I'm not sure I follow the logic here, is the counter some magical type of disinfectant bath that can sanitize the money as it passes between ye? we're being encouraged not to use cash for a reason.

Outside of the whole pandemic changes, personally I kinda find it ignorant when people don't hand you your change directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Outside of the whole pandemic changes, personally I kinda find it ignorant when people don't hand you your change directly.

Using contactless for everything now, but my TA in normal times is a big chunk of change being put down on the counter, and me spilling it all over the floor as I try to scoop it up while holding whatever I've just bought.

My 'shopping' TA is when I'm leaving the till; have just about got change, and maybe 2 bags of shopping on the counter (if it's big enough) , or on the ground.

One of them bags might have a drum of milk, and a few cans etc..

TA that in my hurry to leave, the 'heavy goods' might not be fully resting on bottom of bag - so, a 'jolt' occurs as I'm lifting up bag/s, as there is some 'slack' to begin with as I'm lifting them, but then the goods 'drop' through force of gravity.

Not good for back :o

TA = pressure to exit swiftly, and the 'jolt effect' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Interviewing for an advertised 'permanent' job to find out it's 3 months and 'maybe' longer.. :mad:

An aloe plant in the kitchen is a great first aid to have.
    You just break off a piece of leaf(? stem?) and rub the soothing jelly on a burn.
    I've found nothing that relives burns as quickly.
    NIce plant and easy to grow, too.

Cheers!

True to form, in my haste to get home this afternoon after interview, I didn't buy any burns related products. Early night needed I think and I'll pick some form of Aloe tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m actually not sure if it’s a TA or TH.
    Junior was in the car from school and tells me his team won 6-0 ( soccer in the School yard
    And he saved a goal with his hands .
    Oh you were goalie? No he says, but I saved a couple of goals that way !!
    If I was on the other team I’d kick his ass !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

cj maxx wrote: »
    Junior was in the car from school and tells me his team won 6-0 ( soccer in the School yard

He could be the next Luis Suarez.....

cj maxx wrote: »

:D He must be familiar with the "Last Man Back" rule - often used in games of a non-competitive nature, if not many on pitch / field / yard / street etc...

Good on him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

RMAOK wrote:
    He could be the next Luis Suarez.....

He'll need a decent set of gnashers.

TA at the ad's on TV (currently and "BC") about calling, or calling over to 'vulnerable' relations / neighbours - It's almost as if they're advising an 'ad hoc' , or spur of the moment bout of 'altruism' re 'checking up' on those folks.

Some poor old divil might be in the 'family way' so to speak in the 'scatalogical' sense, and the last thing they would want is some 'do-gooder' knocking on the door just as they're going into "labour" - I know I'd be efffin annoyed :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

The motor journalist who talks about cars on the last word. The way he talks just grates on me and the stuff he spouts about cars you'd swear it was aerospace and really important sh!t bah

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mr chips

I don't normally post in this thread, but after reading lainey_d_123's woes with the noisy neighbours I saw this and thought it might be a nice form of revenge ...
    https://imgur.com/gallery/WMNVkcR

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Reading the soccer forum and seeing gob****es giving out about how crap Ireland are tonight and Stephen Kenny needs sacking. We’ve lost half a team and up against a team full of premier football players but at least we’re trying to play football, let’s bring back Mon and Roy and let’s hoof it, that worked didn’t it?

I've loose plans to meet someone for coffee tomorrow but no idea when/if it's going ahead.

I've done all the texting (x3) to set this up, as recently as Tuesday and I'm not feeling like texting him again. I know it sounds petty but jeez louise :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Gervais08 wrote: »
    TA - on the story about Wild Mountain Thyme RTE adding insult to injury by saying Jamie Dornan was from Belfast!!!!

He is in me hole!!!

Where is he from?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Where is he from?

Holywood, County Down - my people are from the Mourne Mountains area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement