Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco 10 euro voucher inside

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

used a 10/45 today, even though this brought the overall bill down to 40 I still got 2 more 10/45s on the end of my receipt. I also got bunch of 10/50 vouchers in the post from Dunnes (where I virtually never shop as there isn't a local store) and two 8/40s from SuperValu. Cheap Xmas booze here I come! (I assume this is the last year we'll be able to buy booze with these if minimum pricing is coming in next year?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,814 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody know why you can get two vouchers sometimes and one other times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,429 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not sure, got 1 yesterday, 2 Friday, despite spending the same or thereabouts on both visits.

Will Tesco continue the vouchers post Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

OmegaGene wrote: »
    So you don’t think having a few paper print outs of the pdf will work ?
    It will - see my earlier post below.
    I think it's one voucher per transaction but try it.
    No it isn’t, you can use multiple vouchers - again, see my earlier post:
    Went into Tesco with a supply of vouchers today - including 4 of the online Indo vouchers shared on here (thank you!). I bought 2 phones totalling €300. The cashier took 6 vouchers, including the 4 online ones, saving me a grand total of €60! Happy days! :D

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It's an odd one, especially as the till spit vouchers all have the same identical barcode as the vouchers that have been appearing in the papers.

At the self-service tills at least, you could keep scanning the same voucher multiple times, while popping any random bits of paper in the 'vouchers' slot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cheekypup

I read in earlier post or another thread, costumer in front did not use clubcard and got 1 voucher, next customer used clubcard and got 2. I used clubcard last Friday and got 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I've never gotten 2 and use the clubcard for every shop, no matter how small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,814 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

cheekypup wrote: »
    I read in earlier post or another thread, costumer in front did not use clubcard and got 1 voucher, next customer used clubcard and got 2. I used clubcard last Friday and got 2.

We used a clubcard on all occasions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Quick query, someone has asked me to get them a ps4 for a present for their husband
    I know my newspaper vouchers said they can be combined only up until €200. However there are obviously lots of posters saying they have gone over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

Looks like there's no new vouchers being given out today. Spent 45 at a till and self service today and got nothing back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Looks like there's no new vouchers being given out today. Spent 45 at a till and self service today and got nothing back

Same here. Also tried it with the 25% off 6 bottles of wine and it would not work. They go on the total after the 25% is taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ross2010

Just back from Tesco. Used 2 10off45 vouchers on a shop totalling €135. No problem using both vouchers on one transaction. But didn't get any vouchers. Think I´ll go to dunnes in future, at least they are consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

What's the latest on using these across all departments i.e. could they be used on electronics , clothing etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Late last night - Bought 6 bottles of a wine at half price - reduced from €15 to €7.50. As I bought 6 bottles, I got another 25% off - €11.25. Groceries (including 2 containers of half-price washing powder) brought bill to €99 euros - had €10 off €50 and €10 off €45 so paid €79.32. I have just looked at my bill now - had I paid full whack, it would have cost me €176.89! Saved €45 on wine plus the €11.25, saved €19 on washing powder, 2 tokens of €10 and the usual buy two for €5 type offers. And got two vouchers for €10 off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ross2010 wrote: »
    Just back from Tesco. Used 2 10off45 vouchers on a shop totalling €135.
    Were these the newspaper ones? which clearly say they can be stacked. Or ones with with receipts (which do not say it)

rubadub wrote: »
    Were these the newspaper ones? which clearly say they can be stacked. Or ones with with receipts (which do not say it)

It's the same generic barcode on all of them so they are all identical. Even though the till spit vouchers have a 'valid from' date of today, they would have scanned fine last week (although till operators might have refused them).

The only spend & save vouchers you can't stack with each other are the ones sent out in the post. These have unique barcodes that can only be used once. One of these can be stacked with multiple generic vouchers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ross2010

The ones with receipts which do not say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Phil1969

I thought it was strange for Tesco to give out 2 x 10/45 vouchers at the checkouts when most people will still have their clubcard spend and save vouchers. 10/45 vouchers are a better deal for me!

I know my newspaper vouchers said they can be combined only up until €200. However there are obviously lots of posters saying they have gone over this.

Ya, when I bought the two phones, my bill came to just over €300 and I was able to use 6 vouchers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CADDmaster

mac.in wrote: »
    Voucher

u3stSQy.png

Could somebody please tell me what size of the print-out needs to be to match the original.coupon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

CADDmaster wrote: »
    Could somebody please tell me what size of the print-out needs to be to match the original.coupon.

I just right-clicked to copy and pasted into word. It came out that I can fit two vouchers to an A4 page and I used both successfully on a €100 spend yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I used my till spits and they are not regenerating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Wouldn't take them in Tesco'c Clonmel. Woman on till called over a manager guy who said no . I asked are you sure and then he called over some one with a clip board who again said no. I must be in the minority of getting refused.
    would they work on the self service machines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

TheDriver wrote: »

I didn't get any yesterday either

I guess they feel they don't need to incentivise shopping in their supermarkets on the last week before Christmas!

maximo31 wrote: »
    Wouldn't take them in Tesco'c Clonmel. Woman on till called over a manager guy who said no . I asked are you sure and then he called over some one with a clip board who again said no. I must be in the minority of getting refused.
    would they work on the self service machines?

Yeah, as long as you don't arouse the attention of the self-service supervisor, there's absolutely no issue!

yeah I used 2 this evening on a €90 spend, didn't get any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

just checking - is the voucher in posting 186 above ok to use in tesco? if so are you better off going to self service or to a person at a till with the voucher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,001 ✭✭✭✭zell12

duffysfarm wrote: »
    just checking - is the voucher in posting 186 above ok to use in tesco? if so are you better off going to self service or to a person at a till with the voucher?
    It actually says No Copies on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No it's not ok to use.

But people are trying it and having success. If you don't mind cheating the system, self scans are the way to go.

RossieMan wrote: »
    No it's not ok to use.

But people are trying it and having success. If you don't mind cheating the system, self scans are the way to go.

There's no cheating the system. It's a generic barcode that can be used by anyone an unlimited number of times until it expires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

Used in tesco douglas yesterday- wouldnt work on self service but scanned on a till.
    Checkout operator called checkout supervisor who said you couldnt use an online copy- i said had used previous weeks voucher before in wilton- manager called and allowed me to use as voucher valid till 16/12.

Thinking , did i not have brightness up high enough to pick up on self scan?

Copies not accepted. Has to be a physical voucher, that's why cashiers aren't accepting it. It's cheating the system. You can mash it whatever way you like.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Copies not accepted. Has to be a physical voucher, that's why cashiers aren't accepting it. It's cheating the system. You can mash it whatever way you like.

Plenty are, plenty aren't. It's at the discretion of the manager if you ask. Did you try yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,001 ✭✭✭✭zell12

It is quite clear cut. No discretion about it.
    39Sh7Hd.jpg

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote:
    Plenty are, plenty aren't. It's at the discretion of the manager if you ask. Did you try yourself?

Doing it the honest way myself. Still have a couple left in fact. Papers for 1.40 and coupons from last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I don't see its cheating the system, Tesco put out vouchers to get your money, i'm sure ultimately they don't care - as long as they get your money and not a rival supermarket.

zell12 wrote: »
    It is quite clear cut. No discretion about it.
    39Sh7Hd.jpg

So the store managers happy to accept print-outs and images on mobile screens are 'cheating the system' then!

It's one generic barcode that has been mass-produced and circulated to all-and-sundry by a variety of very different means. The notion of copies of such is a mute point.

Have any managers accepted a coupon on the phone? I'd imagine if a store had a number of these copies come threw it'd be stopped fairly quickly.

Hopefully doesn't get stopped for those not able to afford a paper.

Staff member accepted 4 online vouchers from me for one transaction.

• Advertisement

if the voucher is from the ePaper, how else are you supposed to use other than by printing it out or scanning your phone?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

That last 10 off 45 worked a treat for me this evening in Douglas, I just printed it off.
    The cashier was surprised it worked!

It's the same barcode for the last 3 weeks. It'll work no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

CADDmaster wrote: »

I just saved it to my photos, flashed my phone at the self service, first time wouldn't let me put money in but then suddenly did. Second time again wouldn't let me pay, noticed it saying please place coupon in slot. Guy came over, did his card flash thing and away it went. Didn't know about needing to print it off and placing the coupon in the machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Hoboo wrote: »
    I just saved it to my photos, flashed my phone at the self service, first time wouldn't let me put money in but then suddenly did. Second time again wouldn't let me pay, noticed it saying please place coupon in slot. Guy came over, did his card flash thing and away it went. Didn't know about needing to print it off and placing the coupon in the machine.
    If you stick a voucher or any piece of paper in the coupon slot the 'put coupon in slot message' will go away. You don't even have to drop it in. So you could scan the same coupon as many times as you want in the same transaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

What paper are they in this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

I was in Tesco Kinnegad today and the self service till kept rejecting my printed copy of the voucher (I had another, till-spit one on me but hoped to use the print one and keep the other for later!). It said amount was too low - but it wasn't (48.53). The till spit worked eventually (with some assistance from the cashier).

muckety wrote: »
    I was in Tesco Kinnegad today and the self service till kept rejecting my printed copy of the voucher (I had another, till-spit one on me but hoped to use the print one and keep the other for later!). It said amount was too low - but it wasn't (48.53). The till spit worked eventually (with some assistance from the cashier).

Maybe you had something ineligible in your shopping (like painkillers) which meant the balance of your shopping came in under €45?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I tried using a printed voucher at the till today the manager was called and they wouldn't accept it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

In balbriggan today. Tried it upstairs in the clothes and electronics section and the cashier scanned it on phone and it worked no problem.

Then tried it downstairs in the groceries and cashier rejected it and said people had copied the voucher and they were told to reject them unless there are the actual copy from the paper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement