Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

I was told it is due to process Land Register maps. In the meantime they cannot answer why someone has already moved in to one house while a buyer next door was told there is a delay.

New stage called Belltree will be launched soon. See belltree.ie
    Selling agent will be Sherryfitz this time. I hope with more houses being built around the shopping center will also open soon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Volthar wrote: »
    New stage called Belltree will be launched soon. See belltree.ie
    Selling agent will be Sherryfitz this time. I hope with more houses being built around the shopping center will also open soon.

They have already commenced on site.
    4 houses currently under construction with a further 26 due to start in the coming weeks.

With regards to the shopping centre, is that the space down in Block 12?
    If so it's an empty shell currently but as you say, if more homes appear and along with the new nursing home beside parkedge/belltree, it may happen.

Oppybar wrote: »
    Hey Kceire - can you let me know where I might find the public register? I'm still being informed that the delay is due to completion certificates....and if I could locate them, this would be of great help!

I'll try route it out on Monday but as Marcin says, the delay is not a council completion cert now. It's most likely a Land Registry issue.

I do not know the block number but it is right next to the Dart station. I have seen trucks there and a builder told me they are fitting out a fitness club.

Also more people are moving in to houses on Dermott St. and Park Ave.

• Advertisement

I do not know the block number but it is right next to the Dart station. I have seen trucks there and a builder told me they are fitting out a fitness club.

Also more people are moving in to houses on Dermott St. and Park Ave.

Agh the gym is a different block alright. I'm not involved in that one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Is Belltree that timber framed structure they are building or is that the nursing home? Surprised to see timber frame after all the bad press it got last few years

Is Belltree that timber framed structure they are building or is that the nursing home? Surprised to see timber frame after all the bad press it got last few years

There's actually nothing wrong with timber frame once it's constructed properly.
    Heat retention levels can be greater than traditional builds but as always particular attention to detail with regards to fire separation between dwelling should be exercised.

But yes that's belltree under construction now, the nursing home hasn't started yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Oppybar

kceire wrote: »
    I'll try route it out on Monday but as Marcin says, the delay is not a council completion cert now. It's most likely a Land Registry issue.

Thanks! I'd really appreciate that - as the developer's solicitors are telling me that the Land Reg issue is sorted but they are waiting for compliance certs, it would be very helpful if I could point to publicly available certs to help clarify...

According to the original plans, the nursing home is to be over on the corner of park row and park avenue. So directly facing the end of the 3-storey row and the first couple of terraced houses on park row.

• Advertisement

Fwiw ccording to the original plans, the nursing home is to be over on the corner of park row and park avenue. So directly facing the end of the 3-storey row and the first couple of terraced houses on park row.

Oppybar wrote: »
    Thanks! I'd really appreciate that - as the developer's solicitors are telling me that the Land Reg issue is sorted but they are waiting for compliance certs, it would be very helpful if I could point to publicly available certs to help clarify...

Ok, so it turns out 2 Completion Certs were lodged for the development.
    The first one was passed and placed on the register, so them homes are technically complete and can be occupied.

the 2nd Completion Cert was missing some documentation so the developers have to lodge some details in order for the cert to be passed by the Council. At this moment in time they have not lodged the additional documentation.

kceire wrote: »
    Ok, so it turns out 2 Completion Certs were lodged for the development.
    The first one was passed and placed on the register, .

Thanks kc - can you direct me to the register? It would be great to be able to check this out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Regarding Belltree, anyone know what the prices will be, just roughly what are we talking? Any ideas?

mel123 wrote: »
    Regarding Belltree, anyone know what the prices will be, just roughly what are we talking? Any ideas?

No prices tey according to the Estate agents.
    They are only taking details of interested parties at the moment.

I registered myself out of curiousity and they called me this morning.

mel123 wrote: »

Call SherryFitz who are the selling agent for this development.
    Judging by how the prices are in the area I guess it will be similar to the current stage or slightly cheaper because it looks like most if not all will be in wooden framework technology which is much quicker to build. It is just a guess. Much depends on how much "extras" they will push with the sale. Previous stage of Parkedge buyers were getting evacuated tube solar panels, we got PV panels. Previous stage had fully equipped kitchens with all appliances, we only got kitchen furniture. I think Gannon will do something spectacular with Belltree. They say it will be state of art so expect upgraded renewable energy gadgets. All this will affect the price.

I say, because of the deposits needed by banks, 2 bed terraced will go for €220000.

I went there to take a look at the Belltree construction. I have never seen the actuall process of erecting a wood framework house and man... it is so fast! They will finish it in no time.

I went there to take a look at the Belltree construction. I have never seen the actuall process of erecting a wood framework house and man... it is so fast! They will finish it in no time.

Depends.
    Not all of them may be timber frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭uli84

Can someone shed some light whats the deal with those PV panels? How do they work?

• Advertisement

Uli84: They give you electricity that you can use for washing etc. provided you are home. Unused energy will go back to the network. As of yet electricity storage is quite expensive but expect prices to go down in near future. Theoretically you could use immersion heater for hot water but mine does not have timer nor a function to use only energy from PV when available. I would prefer evacuated tubes but was not given a choice.

Esb used to offer paying for energy that you are sending back but they cancelled this project.

Yeah that was the plan alright. I'll know more tomorrow but there was a pause in construction as they were considering swapping back to block built. Should know the outcome tomorrow.

Uli84: They give you electricity that you can use for washing etc. provided you are home. Unused energy will go back to the network. As of yet electricity storage is quite expensive but expect prices to go down in near future. Theoretically you could use immersion heater for hot water but mine does not have timer nor a function to use the only way energy from PV when available. I would prefer evacuated tubes but was not given a choice.

Esb used to offer paying for energy that you are sending back but they cancelled this project.

PV panels are not as good as solar IMO but they can be utilised to get the most from them. Seemly you can get a connection so the PV being charged during the day while everybody is at work can power your immersion so at least you are getting hot water from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 madster

Solar Panels were one of the best features of the house. They were advertised by Knight Frank with an entire paragraph specifying how good they are, model, and so on.
    I did my research on the Kingspan panels and I was fairly sure I was buying a house with one of the best possible Energy Saving solutions available.

When I saw the PV panels on the roof I was so disappointed that in no way I'm gonna give up on this. This change together with the tech specs of the house was decided on November, and I signed the contract on February. Why in 4 months no one ever mentioned this change to me, nor to my solicitor?

This is clearly not a 'minor' change and this is why:
    I agree that you can barely compare the two systems but you can definitely make some reasoning by approximation. I contacted an expert that gave me the following consultation based on an average use of a modern working family, and current average electricity prices (21.83 cent/kWh).

PV panels provided can let you save up to: 193 euro a year IF you have the option to sell electricity (which we do not have, so it would be even lower than that).

The advertised Solar Panels can let you save up to: 330 euro a year.

We are talking about roughly 150 euro a year less than what we were supposed to have.

Since the lifespan of these energies is about 20 years, we just gave 3000 euro of energy away just because the builder wanted to save some money with no update of House Specs on buyers side.

I would not call that a minor change. I would rather claim my 3000 euro back plus lawyer expenses...

madster wrote: »
    This change together with the tech specs of the house was decided on November, and I signed the contract on February. Why in 4 months no one ever mentioned this change to me, nor to my solicitor?

Have you asked them this question?

My situation is slightly different as I have only signed my contract in April. Although when I paid the booking deposit in March I believed we are getting Kingspan this was later clarified by Knight Frank. Obviously I had to pull this information from them as they did not give me tiniest bit of information on their own initiative. Another catch is that by signing the contract you confirmed that you are familiar with specification and so on. I wanted to start a dispute but my solicitor told me I would be wasting my time and money. Maybe you will have more luck.

I am currently investigating if it makes sense to add additional panel to my set (I only have 3). It will make sense as with 2 kids there is always washing, drying, TV and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭uli84

Pity we can't sell that energy anymore, seen that in the UK it's quite popular. In any case-it's advisable to run whatever appliances during the day, am I getting this right? The bit which is confusing to me is the surplus energy-are those panels really producing so much that there is a potential for some of it to remain unused at times?
    I'm Sorry im totally useless when it comes to this sort of stuff but I always thought whatever is produced will definitely be used up during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 madster

Have you asked them this question?

Yes and they tried to convince me they are equivalent to the previous ones.

To answer Uli84, I believe that in good weather conditions and at pick hours they should definitely be able to generate surplus energy. Obviously I'll try to use most of my energy during the day, but it's not that easy if we are all working...

uli84 wrote: »
    Pity we can't sell that energy anymore, seen that in the UK it's quite popular.

There was a scheme like this by ESB / Electric Ireland but they ran it only as a pilot:
    https://www.electricireland.ie/residential/help/micro-generation/electric-ireland-micro-generation-pilot-scheme

Are you buying in the current stage or considering Belltree?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 george507

Anyone signed the waiver yet? I got that today, not sure if I should sign that.

george507 wrote: »
    Anyone signed the waiver yet? I got that today, not sure if I should sign that.

I did not get it yet. What does it say?
    Kceire said most houses now have the completion certs. If you are lucky you may be getting keys next week. In such case signing waver does not make sense anymore, it would if we got it 4 weeks ago when they told us about the delay. Just so you know it looks like you can access your house with your contractors to measure and price works.

As for finishes I am almost certain I will buy laminate floor from http://malahideflooring.ie/
    He is not the cheapest but has many types of Balterio panels available in stock while other suppliers told me it will take 2-3 weeks to order.
    I am going to hire an independent carpenter to remove skirting boards, adjust architraves, lay the floor and reinstall skirting. Again, all suppliers that also provide the service told me they won't touch the skirting and offered me the hideous looking beading.

for blinds a guy that runs BestPol Blinds http://www.bestpol.ie will come over early next week to measure doors and windows for a quote.

Can anyone recommend garden shed suppliers? I have no idea what to look for as all them sheds look same to me. I got a quote for a 6x8 ft. from http://www.gardenshedsforsale.ie/ but did not get time to actually go there and see how it looks in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Can anyone recommend garden shed suppliers?

Clane Steel Sheds - they've a place in Templeogue. Very good, helpful and would recommend them as I've found them great in getting a shed and answering all my queries. PM me if you want a number.

Advertisement