Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

chinguetti wrote: »
    Clane Steel Sheds - they've a place in Templeogue. Very good, helpful and would recommend them as I've found them great in getting a shed and answering all my queries. PM me if you want a number.

Thanks for that. I found their website. I guess steel will be more durable but for looks I will probably go for a wooden one.

Edit: I will likely go for a wooden 8x6 ship lap style shed from http://www.funshoggardensheds.com their website is quite poor so I called them for a quote. They are bit pricey compared to other suppliers but there are also pros: delivery within 1 week and they can also supply 12 solid blocks that otherwise would be a real pain to source. Apparently they have just delivered one of these to someone in Parkedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Oppybar

george507 wrote: »
    Anyone signed the waiver yet? I got that today, not sure if I should sign that.

G - I have signed it with a couple of amendments. I got legal advice on it - some risk, but I had finished snagging and practically I wanted to start work and avoid coming up against builders holidays at the end of the month. I am also not hearing anything about completion from KF or through my solicitor, so I am not optimistic on that front - hopefully I'm wrong though!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Oppybar wrote: »
    G - I have signed it with a couple of amendments. I got legal advice on it - some risk, but I had finished snagging and practically I wanted to start work and avoid coming up against builders holidays at the end of the month. I am also not hearing anything about completion from KF or through my solicitor, so I am not optimistic on that front - hopefully I'm wrong though!

Completion Certs from Dublin City Council are on the register since 1st July 2015. There was a delay in the Architects uploading key pieces of information but they done that last week.

The delay from what i hear is on the Land Registry side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jathclare

Just to let you know I got an 8 * 6 shed from Funshog, nothing wrong with it but took 3 guys to put up, two of which are professional builders and it wasnt easy. If they offer to erect it for you for a fee, save the headache and take up the offer!

jathclare wrote: »
    Just to let you know I got an 8 * 6 shed from Funshog, nothing wrong with it but took 3 guys to put up, two of which are professional builders and it wasnt easy. If they offer to erect it for you for a fee, save the headache and take up the offer!

Thanks
    The quote I got from them included erecting it and also the 12 concrete blocks that otherwise would be a real pain to source.
    kceire wrote: »
    The delay from what i hear is on the Land Registry side of things.

I forgot about an email I got 2 weeks ago that says
    "land registry maps are in and the developer is now waiting on Building control to sign off so they can get the architects certificates"

With this condition now also satisfied there really should not be any more delays. I still hope I will be able to move in before end of the month.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    Completion Certs from Dublin City Council are on the register since 1st July 2015.

Thanks KC - do you know who holds the register? There is no reference on the DCC site that I can find. I'm curious as to where the register is - as, if the completion cert issue has been resolved and we have been told Land Reg maps are in, surely there can be no reason for further delay?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Volthar wrote: »
    Thanks
    I forgot about an email I got 2 weeks ago that says
    "land registry maps are in and the developer is now waiting on Building control to sign off so they can get the architects certificates"

With this condition now also satisfied there really should not be any more delays. I still hope I will be able to move in before end of the month.

The developer is deffo stalling for something? I dont know what?
    Thanks KC - do you know who holds the register? There is no reference on the DCC site that I can find. I'm curious as to where the register is - as, if the completion cert issue has been resolved and we have been told Land Reg maps are in, surely there can be no reason for further delay?

Dublin City Council holds the register.
    Im not sure how you can get to see it though.

Thanks KC - I might give DCC a ring and see if I can track the register down. There's definitely a bit of stalling and misinformation going around. My own theory (possibly based on a mistrust of solicitors!) is that the solicitor handling matters for the Vendor was on leave until Monday, 6 July so nothing has moved while she was away!

I have asked KF for an update again today...not unreasonable, given that the last estimate for completion was mid-July...

I have asked KF for an update again today...not unreasonable, given that the last estimate for completion was mid-July...

Please let us know their answer. Given KF called me almost every day asking on progress when I was due signing contract I find it absolutely reasonable that we call them everyday asking on their progress.

I wonder why people who are buying probably the most expensive thing they ever will receive worst possible customer service.

V - the answer is still that there is a delay with building control...and they do not know when it will be sorted out...

Honestly - I try not to think about how KF harassed me to sign. The Vendor in this scenario has been ridiculously high-handed and unreasonable and now is being extraordinarily uncommunicative around the delay. It makes me even more furious when I consider that the Vendor is effectively NAMA - so essentially I'm being treated abysmally by a body supposedly operating in the public interest and paid for by taxes... <bangs head off desk> ...my fury is only completed by the fact that dealing with the bank was very, very similar...bringing me back to my point about taxes...and a question as to why I live in this country at all!!

Anyway - I'll keep you updated if I hear anything;) <goes off to calm down>

• Advertisement

V - very quick update x 2 - just heard from my solicitor and apparently the Vendor's solicitor will have completion docs ready by the end of this week....

I had also just spoken with Building Control in DCC, who confirmed that everything was finished from the Council's perspective some time ago and delay is not related to building control.

V - very quick update x 2 - just heard from my solicitor and apparently the Vendor's solicitor will have completion docs ready by the end of this week....

I had also just spoken with Building Control in DCC, who confirmed that everything was finished from the Council's perspective some time ago and delay is not related to building control.

Nice. I hope I will get sorted too.

As this thread was supposed to be also about finishing our houses I will move away from having a rant about the delay.
    As it stands now I am getting following things:

1. Laminates from Malahide Flooring http://malahideflooring.ie/ as he has a good choice and readily available.
    2. Floor will be installed by a separate carpenter who will remove/replace skirting boards, cut architraves and also cut an aperture for a hob.
    3. Shed from www.funshoggardensheds.com - they can derived within couple of days from when you place an order and can provide concrete blocks
    4. Alarm from securigard.ie - I chose them based on their experience. Price and equipment used is more or less same across the industry.
    5. Roller blinds from http://www.bestpol.ie/ - someone recommended him but I also looked at other suppliers.
    6. Appliances from DID. I planned to order online to save some money but it will now take too long.

I am still looking for:
    1. a company that will carpet the stairs
    2. landscaper
    3. furniture, especially for bathrooms

Got a call from my solicitor and they have finally received the closing statement from vendor's solicitor. This means I will likely get the keys w/in next 2 weeks. Can't wait.

Hey there,
    A couple of things that might be helpful as people finish out the houses.

We used the developer's tiler on site to do floors - he was absolutely brilliant and couldn't recommend him more highly. Our tile supplier, on the other hand you should avoid! PM me if you'd like tilers details - or ask Robert on site for them.

Robert, the foreman on site has been hugely helpful in giving us advice and improved our relationship with the developer massively. He is a fountain of knowledge about the myriad little projects that need finishing off and his experience really shows.

We've struggled a bit with carpet suppliers - but that is mainly because I am picky about colour. Carpetrite were very helpful and quick to come out and quote - but I can't find a carpet there that I'd want to live with. We'll look further over the weekend!

Finally, so far very impressed with the electrician/plumber/gas installer and all round problem solver who is sorting out extra lights, sockets etc. for us as well as hob etc. Again - PM me for details.

Still unsure on shed (probably clane, as I will never maintain a wooden shed!), furniture (I mean what do people put telly's on these days?!) and some kind of storage solution for bikes, but sure it'll all work out, right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Can anyone help on the matter of waste collections? I rang around a few places and all bar one claim that they don't collect in the area. This is despite the fact that there are bins for two of these companies at the new 3 storey blocks facing Fr Collins Park. When I pointed this out, they remain adamant that they will not collect around the corner.

If anyone has any info on who they are using for waste collections, I'ld be very grateful. Thanks.

chinguetti wrote:
    If anyone has any info on who they are using for waste collections, I'ld be very grateful. Thanks.

I called City Bin Co.
    They say they serve the area and quoted me €27 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 5 vervloekte

Hi everyone !

Me and my husband are also future happy owners of one of the terraced houses on Dermott street and I would like to ask for some tip/advice. You mentioned that you contacted builder regarding the tiles in the kitchen and that you intend to tile entire dining area as well. If it's not a prob, can you share the company that sold the tiles and did the tiling as I am also thinking of tiling the dining area?

Hi, talk to Rob. He will likely be able to help you with this.

vervloekte wrote: »
    can you share the company that sold the tiles and did the tiling as I am also thinking of tiling the dining area?

Hey V, I cannot recommend our tile supplier, as different tiles turned up to the ones I'd paid for, much lower quality and I had a battle on my hands to sort it out! I do recommend Dylan, the tiler on site though, he did an excellent job and had offered to see if he could source the tiles I needed - I'd already bought them though! He can source them outside Dublin which is a bit cheaper...I think some people have found him a bit more expensive than the norm for tiling...but well worth it in my view!

DM me if you'd like details of tile stores to avoid;)

• Advertisement

Hi All,
    I just found out that I only have a 13A connection for the oven. Unfortunately I have only realised this once the snag list was closed. Am I right thinking this limits me to less powerful ovens and I can effectively forget about pyrolytic cleaning? How is it in your houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 madster

Hi All,
    I just found out that I only have a 13A connection for the oven. Unfortunately I have only realised this once the snag list was closed. Am I right thinking this limits me to less powerful ovens and I can effectively forget about pyrolytic cleaning? How is it in your houses?

Hello, I'm not sure of my oven connection, but I eventually went for a Gas oven, so I might avoid at least this issue.

I was wondering if anyone of you signed the Waiver btw... ^ ^

I went for a gas hob but electric oven. In my kitchen the place for the oven is on the opposite side from the hob. Are you sure you have a gas connection for your oven? In my house there is only gas connection for the hob.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 madster

No connection, but according to Robert it should be fairly easy for a plumber to do it, by removing the kitchen toe kick.

Hi All,
    I just found out that I only have a 13A connection for the oven. How is it in your houses?
    Hey V - probably not much help as I had an electrician in - but it seems odd to me. My ovens came with a health warning that they needed high levels of power but the electrician said there was no difficulty with the ovens given the power installed already.

madster wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone of you signed the Waiver btw... ^ ^

M - I signed the waiver a couple of weeks ago to get moving on work on the house. I mentioned it up the thread a bit - had a solicitor check it and a level of risk I was comfortable with. I got keys last Thursday and am finishing up in the next couple of days to move in:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Oppybar please use the multi quote button when replying to multiple posts. Thanks

Mod

I looked up floor plans in the brochure and it seems only semi detached houses are affected by this issue. Basically all kitchens in our houses have 1 high power connection each in kitchens and these are located where your hob will go. Even-though ovens are not in exactly same place you can just use a longer cable as in most kitchens in Parkedge kitchen furniture run along one side. This however is a problem in my house where oven is on the opposite side of the kitchen. See the floor plan in attachment. Oven slot is in yellow, the location of the high powered socket marked by the red arrow. I should have checked it so I guess it is my fault. If I knew it before hands I would ask the furniture guys to make a space fro the oven underneath the hob, the classic way, and turn the oven space into storage.

By the way new houses in Belltree will get the Kingspan panels as was originally planned for our phase.

athtrasna wrote: »
    Oppybar please use the multi quote button when replying to multiple posts.

Mod
    Oops! Apologies - I'm new here:/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I called City Bin Co.
    They say they serve the area and quoted me €27 per month

I rang City Bin earlier and they told me that they don't service the area. I pointed out that they had told other people that they service the area and they half rowed back on their statement and will ring me back tomorrow.

<bangs head off keyboard>

Advertisement