Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Hopefully they don't remove eddie UB setups into his DESTROY GUARANTEED KO. not broken at all (wishful thinking :P)

even if they take away his UB, his mixup and pressure, and zoning, and keep away, and run away, will all still be god tier. biggest bs char ever in a game, this is why I main him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

... I have no words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I'd main him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

That character should be put to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Worried for this game, want it to be amazing but it feels like it's getting rushed out the door.

Smaller roster at first is expected but the lineup seems pretty random, rather than a carefully thought out core roster it kinda feels like they were going for the original GG roster then got bored and started throwing darts at the AC select screen, then were told to release on Friday.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Sairus wrote: »
    That character should be put to sleep.

Looks like a silent hill character

15-2-037.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Nutrient wrote: »
    Looks like a silent hill character

Nailed to a Kingdom Hearts Character

Opposite_Armor.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Stormwrench

I'm still holding out for Baiken making it in somehow, the character I want to play most of them all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Eddie less gooooo

Worried for this game, want it to be amazing but it feels like it's getting rushed out the door.

Smaller roster at first is expected but the lineup seems pretty random, rather than a carefully thought out core roster it kinda feels like they were going for the original GG roster then got bored and started throwing darts at the AC select screen, then were told to release on Friday.:pac:
    OTOH: more characters than Killer Instinct 3.

Guilty Gear Xrd Boss character decides to use up all the leftover syllables after they named "Bedman"

Ramletherl Valentine

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

Lots of footage.

Worth noting that the first match is terrible but it gets much better after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

never played a GG game but that video was interesting to watch.
    only thing ive been told about them is the execution hard.

that it says beats on the hit counters is it the same craic as BB with red/blue beats?

never played a GG game but that video was interesting to watch.
    only thing ive been told about them is the execution hard.

that it says beats on the hit counters is it the same craic as BB with red/blue beats?
    From talking to GG players, it's not exactly that the execution is hard, but you have to be aware of the hits - so combos are quite situational.

And also the execution is hard, because Guilty Gear has had some famously mad execution stuff which was allowable by all the mad systems the game had. Like metre cancel combos with one frame timing.

But 1man3letters I don't think we know at this point how many of those old game systems are gonna be reimplemented in this one. It would make sense for them to make it less ridiculous and more approachable.

• Advertisement

Yeah a lot of the mechanics have been removed or simplified ala SF4.

On the 'beats' topic, GG works similarly but the colours are different: blue in GG is a legit combo IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Me and a workmate are gonna give it a go on Friday night (assuming it does get released on Thursday as mentioned around the internet). From what's been shown so far it looks cool as hell, and hopefully it'll have a longer life-cycle than RIPersona, which was a really cool game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

So this is releasing today on the 4th on JP PSN.

Currently the game has two DLC characters: Elphelt and Leo Whitefang. It was also announced that Elphelt will be available at launch and free for a few weeks, then jump to 800 yen. Leo will release in 2 weeks and be 800 yen from the start.

Here's the boxart for the game:

1412657425-gg-xrd-jp-box-art-ps3.jpg

2 of the 6 characters featured on the cover don't actually come with the game. Arc Sys did this before with Hard Corps Uprising (2 of the 4 main characters were DLC despite being featured heavily in all promotional material and even the fully 2D animated attract mode).

I've come to terms with DLC characters in my games, but putting characters on the ****ing box and then charging you an extra €15 to use them is deplorable. Elphelt being free for a few weeks doesn't help the average consumer who just finds this on a shelf and decides they want to play as her, only to find her locked behind a paywall when they get home.

Not a chance I'm buying this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

So have there been any leaks about it releasing on PC? Other than these rumors

http://nichegamer.net/2014/08/arc-system-works-are-considering-a-pc-version-for-guilty-gear-xrd-sign/

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

Eddie and venom look cool

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Yeah the DLC thing has kind of dissuaded me from buying GG xrd. No doubt there'll be different versions of it until the end of the PS4's lifespan, which means shelling out more cash ofc, possibly over 100 euro (maybe BB players can enlighten me to how much they've payed in total for all the games versions and DLC). I don't have a JP or US account set up either so it's a bit of an effort to just get one game. I'll come to some casual sessions for Xrd and try it out, but I ain't so sure about buying it.

Macal wrote: »
    Yeah the DLC thing has kind of dissuaded me from buying GG xrd. No doubt there'll be different versions of it until the end of the PS4's lifespan, which means shelling out more cash ofc, possibly over 100 euro (maybe BB players can enlighten me to how much they've payed in total for all the games versions and DLC). I don't have a JP or US account set up either so it's a bit of an effort to just get one game. I'll come to some casual sessions for Xrd and try it out, but I ain't so sure about buying it.
    You can set up a Hong Kong account; it's pretty easy, all PSN menus are in English and it's usually a good $10-20 cheaper than the Japanese PSN store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

They're patching English text and voices into the Japanese/HK versions as well. I've got it pre-installed on my PS3.
    Macal wrote: »

BBCP was a full price game. €8 spent on DLC for all the characters. Been out for over a year and even got a free rebalance.

• Advertisement

The DLC situation is absolute bull no doubt, but it's basically par for the course nowadays.

Frankly if I'm going to get F'd in the A over DLC I'd rather end up playing a decent bloody game.

Is there confirmation on the English text patch? I'm tempted to just go straight in on the JP version, really my biggest concern would be training mode menus (which I believe Arc generally doesn't do in English like most) - story mode I can do without for a while.

Advertisement