Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[February 17-19 2012, Cannes - France] World Game Cup 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

I paid €205, but I paid for one checked in bag and travel insurance.

It was €162 I think without that.

There is a voting system for the last game slot somewhere on the WGC website. I believe MK9 is currently in the lead, but an extra vote will never hurt its chances.

Pffft travel insurance.....

All I need is my stick. Ill buy shirts in a lidl over there. Cheaper than checking a bag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Just going to bump this (and prob get in trouble for it) but is anyone planning on booking in the next few weeks and want me to give them money so they can book me too (and share a room with me, I promise I won't eat curry)

Looking into the whole flight thing

But now its more about working around my college schedule:/

Chances are I can get my **** together, sharing a room?

Karl...in a room with you, I would have a very clear line through the floor:D

"eh, nutrient, this line is across the wardrobe door"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

"eh, nutrient, this line is across the wardrobe door"

Give me a setup in the wardrobe and I'll think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

GGs Chopper.

I get paid tonight. I'll book flights after Tempest tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'll check this out myself.

How far is the hotel from the event?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's thirty to forty minute walk down a gorgeous coastline or about seven minutes on a bus that we hope will never cost more than a euro!

It's thirty to forty minute walk down a gorgeous coastline or about seven minutes on a bus that we hope will never cost more than a euro!

That coastline becomes a lot more painful after a night of "preparing"

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Hey Chopper, i booked a room in the place you mentioned for myself and voa for the friday through till monday, so don't count us in for accom when you're booking!

Hey Chopper, i booked a room in the place you mentioned for myself and voa for the friday through till monday, so don't count us in for accom when you're booking!

How much is the weekend. Can't get that thursday off in work. Some big gig on and manager knows my sister so family emergency excuse is useless :(

But I got the weekend off

Will still be pushing for the wednesday if I can. Manager does not seem to understand I need week off to beat up french people in video games for some reason....

• Advertisement

How much is the weekend. Can't get that thursday off in work. Some big gig on and manager knows my sister so family emergency excuse is useless :(

But I got the weekend off

Will still be pushing for the wednesday if I can. Manager does not seem to understand I need week off to beat up french people in video games for some reason....

The flight going out friday and back monday is ~€135, we booked a room for the two of us for €177 for three nights, but it can take three people so if you wanted in on that you're looking at €60 each for the three nights?

Thats not bad at all. I'll see if anyone else is going that needs a roommate first then get back to ya. I dont mind sleeping anywhere, but if possible a bathtub with a blanket is good

Thats not bad at all. I'll see if anyone else is going that needs a roommate first then get back to ya. I dont mind sleeping anywhere, but if possible a bathtub with a blanket is good

Well put it this way, we have it booked and we'll have room so if you're stuck you can crash with us, i'd book the flights now though before they go through the roof!

Booking flights this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Fuudo is confirmed for WGC according to WGE on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Fergus_ wrote: »

it says it on the first page of WGC website :cool:

So are we planning on putting forward a world cup team for Marvel and AE???

And also when it says Unique character chosen that means no changing when ya lose right??? Never seen the rule before so making sure before I drop 80 on registration

Fergus_ wrote: »

Are you coming over Fergus??? Or will I take a picture and photoshop you in???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Picture and photoshop plz

Fergus Lets GO!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm still interested in coming to this, but I can't realistically commit financially until I have my December paycheck in my pocket.

If anyone else books in the meantime, I'd appreciate if you posted up the details in the thread like Monsieur Chopper.

So are we planning on putting forward a world cup team for Marvel and AE???

And also when it says Unique character chosen that means no changing when ya lose right??? Never seen the rule before so making sure before I drop 80 on registration

Unique character means that no two people on the same team can have the same characters. Team Ireland can't have five Akumas for instance.

I'm not sure if that means the Marvel teams need to be completely unique (Wesker/Sentinel/Wolverine and Tron/Phoenix/Viewtiful), or if the teams just can't be identical (Wesker/Sentinel/Wolverine and Wesker/Sentinel/Tron).

And of course we're entering national teams! I need to kill me some Vipers.

Also, apologies for me not booking when I said I would - I'm currently still trying to see how many days I can get off for this. I'm definitely going either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Is anyone going on the friday?

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Is anyone going on the friday?

well i am since work wont give me the week off to go to france to play video games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

well i am since work wont give me the week off to go to france to play video games

WHAT!!! they wont give u time of work to go body some french people in the name of ireland? whats wrong with the world??:confused:

i dont know whether to book the flight on to wednesday-monday or friday-monday :/
    the AE 3v3 is starting at 4pm on friday, and when i arrive to cannes on friday is 1:45. so idk :/

I'm hoping to go Wed-Mon, but it's looking more like a Fri-Mon at this stage. I'll find out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

ladnopoka wrote: »
    i dont know whether to book the flight on to wednesday-monday or friday-monday :/
    the AE 3v3 is starting at 4pm on friday, and when i arrive to cannes on friday is 1:45. so idk :/

Is that the time you land in Nice or the time you expect to get to Cannes?

If it's Nice, you'll be lucky to get to the venue by four.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

whattt? this is a bit of a conundrum, theres no thursday flight and I definitly cant get off wednesday to fly. Earliest flight on friday is 10:00 and land at 14:15 in Nice. Seems destined not to work out :'(, was really looking forward to representing Ireland in teams

• Advertisement

well looks like i'll be heading on wed-mon then.

Advertisement