Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SSFIV:Initial impressions.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Its cause I'm coming straight from GFWL that that small stuff is more noticeable.

But I'm pretty pleased that thats my only issue tbh, online on PSN has improved a lot over SF4 on psn.

The flags are a fantastic help as the odd time you can't ping the guy , at least you know he's from the EU and join anyway. I literally just scan games by flags lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I kinda feel bad when I get matched up with the same person - e.g. I had two matches against Bush straight after each other. Not because I want to protect my precious points but because I know I'm worse than them and not able to put up much of a fight at the moment (of course, then I remember that other people like / are used to winning :S)

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I quite like it. You get to rematch against good opponents. I got matched with bush like 6 times in 20 minutes. Was great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

How are you using ranked? Quick match is it? I usually create the lobbys and im getting to play even matches most of the time. Ranked is great this time around.

I dont think ill be trying to cheap kill sim with blankas ultra 2 anymore :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Traded in the normal one for the new Super version yesterday, class game and even though I debated getting it, it seems well worth it and enough in it to warrant the spend.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

CptMackey wrote: »
    Just after getting this. Im terrible btw but really enjoying it. Are there any bad players online? keep getting my ass kicked.

Using abel, gougken at the mo.

Really glad that I got it.

At least I can beat my bro :D

Are you using ranked match?

The first few days I was getting all kinds of weird match ups but it's settled in now and I am usually getting people around my level, I'm pretty happy with it. Speaking of which...
    Bush80 wrote: »
    How are you using ranked? Quick match is it? I usually create the lobbys and im getting to play even matches most of the time. Ranked is great this time around.

Yeah it's good but on my way "up" to my current level I kept on getting the same guy 5 or 6 times in a row, I don't know about you lot but I don't take pleasure in rubbing someone's face in the ground, unless it's someone like Azza or chunkis etc. who obviously deserve it.

Noffles wrote: »
    Traded in the normal one for the new Super version yesterday, class game and even though I debated getting it, it seems well worth it and enough in it to warrant the spend.

Glad you like it, stick around, we likes new people around here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Well after dusting off my fighting stick I'm going to make an effort to get at least respectable at this game, rather than a well dressed, well animated punch / kick bag!

Noffles wrote: »
    Well after dusting off my fighting stick I'm going to make an effort to get at least respectable at this game, rather than a well dressed, well animated punch / kick bag!

I think that is everyone's goal :D

If you want to understand or ask questions about Street Fighter http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055852587

is a good place to start out. If you post there the local "expert" will no doubt try to answer your q.

Bush80 wrote: »

Yeah the new ultra helps alot with that. Though i did mess it up several times and eat full damage :o

gg's btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm almost exclusively playing in Ranked over Endless at the moment.

I just search for 3 Rounds, 99 Seconds in any region and any skill and I'm having lots of good matches.

It's a pity the same region only searches for Irish players and not a set region of Western Europe like Ireland, UK and France.

It does expand though I think. I've often been matched with UK and some french when set on "same" region if I can't find an opponent within 30 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Yeah it's good but on my way "up" to my current level I kept on getting the same guy 5 or 6 times in a row, I don't know about you lot but I don't take pleasure in rubbing someone's face in the ground, unless it's someone like Azza or chunkis etc. who obviously deserve it.

Yep - only good thing is being able to point folks to here and grow the community. Must get a wee keyboard for the ps3 though, trying to message folks or even add a list of names is painful with a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I fought some really decent Norn Iron players yesterday, LordBaroque abd ChrisMacMahonn amongst others, there's plenty of decent Irish players out there that I haven't stumbled across.....

Ken B wrote: »
    ChrisMacMahonn .....

He's on my friends list, was in a tournament with him and chunkis. He'd prob be in the top 16 if he showed up. Seems to be plenty more decent norn iron players who don't know about ds or inferno. I told him about us though.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I'm almost exclusively playing in Ranked over Endless at the moment.

I just search for 3 Rounds, 99 Seconds in any region and any skill and I'm having lots of good matches.

I'm finding that most of my matches come from playing Arcade with challenges enabled. When I want to use anyone other than My main, I go to endless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement