Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSFIV:Initial impressions.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

A lesson in geography! Brought to you by Mr. ONION

Co. Clare- This is where I am from!
    mapdata?CxVLbSUDHVRwdf8g____________AQwtS20lAzVUcHX_QI4CSLkBUgJJRZABCcoBAmVu

Co. Limerick- This is where I am not from!
    mapdata?CxUeTCADHa8gd_8g____________AQwtHkwgAzWvIHf_QI4CSLkBUgJJRZABCcoBAmVu

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

joconnell wrote: »
    Yep - played him, he's quite good with bison alright but when I figured out the timing with his lag and bet him a few times in a row I got a "you are so scrub" message from him :D

Bison you say?

Calling people scrubs you say?

Wat til he he meets me he's going to explode.
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    A lesson in geography! Brought to you by Mr. ONION

Co. Clare- This is where I am from!
    mapdata?CxVLbSUDHVRwdf8g____________AQwtS20lAzVUcHX_QI4CSLkBUgJJRZABCcoBAmVu

Co. Limerick- This is where I am not from!
    mapdata?CxUeTCADHa8gd_8g____________AQwtHkwgAzWvIHf_QI4CSLkBUgJJRZABCcoBAmVu

Sorry Onion, think youo've got that wrong.

You're from "the rest of Ireland."

Retail-map.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Rest of Ireland - other wise known as "Bogger Land"

Who needs a flux capacitor when all yea need is to take the train from Dublin to Bogger Land and there yea go.

Limerick, Clare it matters not to us technologically superior folk in the future/Dublin. Tis all full of bog people :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Oi, Westmeath is home of the best players!

We may be outside Dublin but we still rule! (All 2 of us :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Bunch of West Brits living in the pale is all ye are.

Anyway, regards kicking people, If some dude, irish flag or not is lagging, he's getting kicked it's that simple. It does look bad if he beats and then you kick him but I can live with it.

I've told some people about the community, even had one guy say he's been told about it in another lobby.

Also I sent dunjohn a "poor form" message as I thought he quit mid game, but it was a connection error, I'd had a guy ragequit on me in the fight just before that so assumed you did the same. apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Also I sent dunjohn a "poor form" message as I thought he quit mid game, but it was a connection error, I'd had a guy ragequit on me in the fight just before that so assumed you did the same. apologies.

Did my character (Dudley, I think) just stand there, taking a beating for about ten seconds before the message came up? 'Cuz your character stopped doing anything on my end for about that long. I don't remember that ever happening in vanilla, either. I thought I'd completely stupefied you with my skillz....

Yay, they corrected the pronunciation of "Abel" on his victory screen :D

Bunch of West Brits living in the pale is all ye are.

Anyway, regards kicking people, If some dude, irish flag or not is lagging, he's getting kicked it's that simple. It does look bad if he beats and then you kick him but I can live with it.

I've told some people about the community, even had one guy say he's been told about it in another lobby.

Fair nuff and despite my net occasionaly being poo I'd be reasonably sure they're kicking me BEFORE playing me once because they remember me kicking their ass the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Wtf at people being kicked?? First time I played Araforn he beat me 9 times straight before I had to go. Same story with Speedhaak (great Cork player).

At least if you're losing you're hopefully learning something?! Right? How can you expect to improve if you only play against weaker opponents? Is there something different about Super that I don't know :confused:

In other news, a friend got this for me for my birthday, but won't give me the game till my exams are over (17th May)... I'm losing my mind here.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Yeah kicking just because you lost is bad form especially while the game is barely even out since losing is a major part of the process but lag really upsets the whole point of the game especially when trying a combo heavy character.

All the games I had so far against the irish have been really good with no kicking etc. Kept fighting one guy in ranked who was hosting and I was winning but he never kicked me when I came back into the games. Though afterwards when I sent a GG message I got a message back saying "Its called spamming" and I was very confused... Couldnt tell was he making a joke about himself (he was ken) or at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Just after getting this. Im terrible btw but really enjoying it. Are there any bad players online? keep getting my ass kicked.

Using abel, gougken at the mo.

Really glad that I got it.

At least I can beat my bro :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I dont really have a problem with someome kicking people that are way better than them. Some people just want to stick the game on and have a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Bush80 wrote: »
    I dont really have a problem with someome kicking people that are way better than them. Some people just want to stick the game on and have a bit of fun.

fyi u were playing ry last night.

It's more a case of people trying to protect their BP here though Bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Did my character (Dudley, I think) just stand there, taking a beating for about ten seconds before the message came up? 'Cuz your character stopped doing anything on my end for about that long. I don't remember that ever happening in vanilla, either. I thought I'd completely stupefied you with my skillz....

Yay, they corrected the pronunciation of "Abel" on his victory screen :D

No on mine it said you quit in the middle of a blocked uppercut like you had simply turned your xbox off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's more a case of people trying to protect their BP here though Bush.

Does anyone really care about that anymore? I've only had one person kick me repeatedly.

Obviously the newbies to fighting games will treat it like halo etc but anybody who knows fighting games and watches matches will know that losing is part of it. And thats most people that i bump into are like. Cool about it and just want to play. :)

Though afterwards when I sent a GG message I got a message back saying "Its called spamming" and I was very confused... Couldnt tell was he making a joke about himself (he was ken) or at me.

Psssh what was his name? Very disapointed to hear this crap from Irish players , although I suppose it was on 360 after all :p

You know he's on the 360 because he found a player to fight :P

Seriously though, how are the PS3 lobbies? Are they full, and how is the lag?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    You know he's on the 360 because he found a player to fight :P

Seriously though, how are the PS3 lobbies? Are they full, and how is the lag?

All lobbies I was invited too were always like 4 or 5 people in them, and the connection is fine, all 5 bar, I seem to have fixed my TV lag too

Everything's the same as 360 in that regard and now its faster to accept game invites then it was with Sf4 too, but I miss being able to see what people on my friends list/players met list are doing.

Like on GFWL if one of them is hosting a game, it'll tell me and also let me join, or it'll tell me if they are at the main menu or in training mode etc etc.

On PSN it just tells you their online playing SSFIV and thats it, for players met it doesnt tell you anything except what game you met them in and what time.

It may seem like a small annoyence but its handy getting all that info, I'd see hound, or redman or ramza on my friends list playing the game, but I wouldnt know if they're joinable (ie in the same lobby with a free slot) or not.

Where as I assume on 360 you would.

Yeah, you can see all that on the 360, and it tells you if what game type they're in and whether it's joinable not, and you can join straight from there.

I imagine that must be a pain in the arse for ye :eek:

• Advertisement

Its cause I'm coming straight from GFWL that that small stuff is more noticeable.

But I'm pretty pleased that thats my only issue tbh, online on PSN has improved a lot over SF4 on psn.

The flags are a fantastic help as the odd time you can't ping the guy , at least you know he's from the EU and join anyway. I literally just scan games by flags lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I kinda feel bad when I get matched up with the same person - e.g. I had two matches against Bush straight after each other. Not because I want to protect my precious points but because I know I'm worse than them and not able to put up much of a fight at the moment (of course, then I remember that other people like / are used to winning :S)

🤪

I quite like it. You get to rematch against good opponents. I got matched with bush like 6 times in 20 minutes. Was great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

How are you using ranked? Quick match is it? I usually create the lobbys and im getting to play even matches most of the time. Ranked is great this time around.

I dont think ill be trying to cheap kill sim with blankas ultra 2 anymore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Traded in the normal one for the new Super version yesterday, class game and even though I debated getting it, it seems well worth it and enough in it to warrant the spend.

CptMackey wrote: »
    Just after getting this. Im terrible btw but really enjoying it. Are there any bad players online? keep getting my ass kicked.

Using abel, gougken at the mo.

Really glad that I got it.

At least I can beat my bro :D

Are you using ranked match?

The first few days I was getting all kinds of weird match ups but it's settled in now and I am usually getting people around my level, I'm pretty happy with it. Speaking of which...
    How are you using ranked? Quick match is it? I usually create the lobbys and im getting to play even matches most of the time. Ranked is great this time around.

Yeah it's good but on my way "up" to my current level I kept on getting the same guy 5 or 6 times in a row, I don't know about you lot but I don't take pleasure in rubbing someone's face in the ground, unless it's someone like Azza or chunkis etc. who obviously deserve it.

Noffles wrote: »
    Traded in the normal one for the new Super version yesterday, class game and even though I debated getting it, it seems well worth it and enough in it to warrant the spend.

Glad you like it, stick around, we likes new people around here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Well after dusting off my fighting stick I'm going to make an effort to get at least respectable at this game, rather than a well dressed, well animated punch / kick bag!

Noffles wrote: »
    Well after dusting off my fighting stick I'm going to make an effort to get at least respectable at this game, rather than a well dressed, well animated punch / kick bag!

I think that is everyone's goal :D

If you want to understand or ask questions about Street Fighter http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055852587

is a good place to start out. If you post there the local "expert" will no doubt try to answer your q.

Yeah the new ultra helps alot with that. Though i did mess it up several times and eat full damage :o

gg's btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm almost exclusively playing in Ranked over Endless at the moment.

I just search for 3 Rounds, 99 Seconds in any region and any skill and I'm having lots of good matches.

It's a pity the same region only searches for Irish players and not a set region of Western Europe like Ireland, UK and France.

Advertisement