Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playoffs 2012

Options
199100101102103105»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

mongoman wrote: »
    As a 49'ers fan, I never thought I'd see anyone overtake my beloved Joe Montana's phenomenal record. Give me Brady any day over Kaepernick.

OK can I ask you to pick between Brady & Montana ?!
    Did Montana benefit from a better overall team, and is this the reason that Brady hasn't won more SB's ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

Did Montana benefit from a better overall team, and is this the reason that Brady hasn't won more SB's ?

Brady never had the quality of receivers that Joe had. I think if he had, he'd no doubt have a few more rings added. In this era of free agency and the franchise cap Brady's achievements are phenomenal. Joe never had to play with those restrictions or handicaps. At the moment I can't separate them, but i think when Brady does retire, he'll probably stand alone at the top. That won't bother me because Brady was a niners fan growing up and idolised Montana.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lothaar v2

mongoman wrote: »
    Brady never had the quality of receivers that Joe had. I think if he had, he'd no doubt have a few more rings added. In this era of free agency and the franchise cap Brady's achievements are phenomenal. Joe never had to play with those restrictions or handicaps. At the moment I can't separate them, but i think when Brady does retire, he'll probably stand alone at the top.

Hi mongoman - I just got off the phone with the 49ers. They said you're cut. Find a new team to support.

Sorry about that, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,676 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Very little to separate them. Different eras. Both were excpetional. I guess the Brady fans can use stats more than the Joe fans. But the Joe fans can use the pressure factor, big game wins, drives and ice cold under pressure. No interceptions in 4 bowls with over 120 passes. I think Tom has/had only ONE interception in over 150 passes in 4 super bowl finals. That is awesome. Too many variables to make a decision. I am a Joe fan. He got me into the game. I will select him ever so slightly. He instills a little more confidence in me. If I was amanager in a big game he would be the man for me. All things equal I would pick him.

I gues the best way would be to be magically put Joe to the NE team from the noughties and put Tom into the 80s SF team and see how they fare.

For anyone to be certain as to who was better seems off to me. It's too close and difficult to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,668 ✭✭✭nerd69

Bradys one of the best ever but I think the fact that he's not won a sb in 8-9 years will affect him big time once he retires (unless he wins another obviously) the 1 record people keep bringing up with Montana is his 100% sb record Brady doesn't have that and frankly I think he's not the same as he was under pressure and this sport values clutch more than most

He is a top 5 qb of all time and deserves to be in convoys with these guys but I think once he retires people will hold this against him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Otto Graham for GOAT. 10 year career, 10 championship games (4 in AAFC, won 4, 6 in NFL, won 3).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Lothaar v2 wrote: »
    Hi mongoman - I just got off the phone with the 49ers. They said you're cut. Find a new team to support.

Sorry about that, dude.

This dude who walked out when his 49ers were losing last week.

He's an abusive poster and a troll. I wouldn't pay much heed to him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't agree that he's an abusive poster or a troll. If you think his posts are abusive use the report post function.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I don't agree that he's an abusive poster or a troll. If you think his posts are abusive use the report post function.

I think, a very recent example, was his response to Morrissee, which was combative and rude. Look, nothing against the guy, but when every secod post is an unnecessary argument because somebody doesn't worship at the altar of Tom Brady, it gets tiresome. This forum doesn't have much of the inner feuding that other sports forums on boards.ie have. And I'd prefer it stayed that way.

Maybe it's a clash of personalities. I'll just keep him on ignore, and try not to get curious, when two people in the space of 10 posts take issue with him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

davyjose wrote: »
    I think, a very recent example, was his response to Morrissee, which was combative and rude. Look, nothing against the guy, but when every secod post is an unnecessary argument because somebody doesn't worship at the altar of Tom Brady, it gets tiresome. This forum doesn't have much of the inner feuding that other sports forums on boards.ie have. And I'd prefer it stayed that way.

Maybe it's a clash of personalities. I'll just keep him on ignore, and try not to get curious, when two people in the space of 10 posts take issue with him.

Fair enough, I'd assumed Lothaar's post was tongue in cheek for him taking Brady over Montana(while being a 49ers fan).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lothaar v2

Fair enough, I'd assumed Lothaar's post was tongue in cheek for him taking Brady over Montana(while being a 49ers fan).

I'm pretty sure I'm not the one davyjose was calling a troll.

No, mongoman I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Pretty sure mongoman is Giselle actually. Cos I don't think their is anyone else in the world who wants brady's cock instead them as much as mongoman does.

Chucky that's not even funny and totally necessary.

I agree.

Place is full of accusations today, yet I see many fly-by-nights pop into the forum, stir up some shít amongst regulars and then disappear. Yet not an accusation is uttered against them.

Chucky that's not even funny and totally necessary.

Was this post deleted? Cos I want to thank it. Then open ten more accounts just to thank it some more! :D

I wish I found it funny, but I get irked by someone who constantly attacks others' posts (usually well-respected long-term posters) without actually backing up their argument with any substance. Then claims to be a fan of one team, even though they don't bother to watch their playoff games, meanwhile they display untold affection for another team. It's fcuking weird as fcuk. And I wish I was perfect enough to ignore it, but I'm not. Sorry!

Absolutely was not. Couldn't agree more with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Bit ridiculous imo that someone who purports to support another team could take even mild criticism of Brady and the Pats so poorly. I mean if it was one of the many Pats regulars here i'd understand it but why kid yourself? I mean, i know the stats hammer any argument i could make but the notion of me taking Brady over John Elway amounts to blasphemy in my book! Likewise, i'd be perfectly happy with a starting QB who with 9 starts under his belt has his team in their first Superbowl in 17 years and broke a playoff record without worshipping at the altar of another teams QB..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

To be fair I wouldn't have called it an 'attack', but it definitely was 'strange' !!
    Personally I had no problem with it, I have seen worse :pac:

Maybe this might explain his unique situation:
    mongoman wrote:
    No, I'm a 49'ers fan who grew up in the golden Montana era. Still a fan, but I don't really care for the current team and their style of play. I have great admiration for Brady because he reminds me of Montana and what he has achieved down the years. I just can't stand irrational haters

...........what about irrational lovers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Tom Brady fined 10k for the slide.

Frank Gore fined 10.5k for this:

YvHPUiP.jpg

Advertisement