Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 25 Tournament Series Paris - Irish Qualifier- 6th Oct- The Exchange

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NocturNeru

I realize it's pretty late by now, but has anyone by any chance seen a white 360 controller (wired) with damaged padding on the left stick? I lent it to the tourney, but had to leave pretty quick and couldn't find it in time :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

NocturNeru wrote: »
    I realize it's pretty late by now, but has anyone by any chance seen a white 360 controller (wired) with damaged padding on the left stick? I lent it to the tourney, but had to leave pretty quick and couldn't find it in time :/

Welcome to boards and the Irish Fighting Game Community.

We have a lost and found thread that you might get an answer quicker in: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72441577

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NocturNeru

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Eff,

Get in touch with me asap. I need details from you for flights.

Aj

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

In case anyone isn't subbed to the youtube channel, videos have now started to filter up, but it will be relatively slow going.

www.youtube.com/brianvondoom

Finals for AE and UMVC:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Doom, you gotta let commentators talk a bit longer after a match ends. It's jarring when they're about to relate something from the match and then get cut off.

Also, whoever did that 3rd Strike commentary isn't allowed to do 3rd Strike commentary anymore :-/

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Doom, you gotta let commentators talk a bit longer after a match ends. It's jarring when they're about to relate something from the match and then get cut off.

Also, whoever did that 3rd Strike commentary isn't allowed to do 3rd Strike commentary anymore :-/

Myself and Onion weren't too happy about this either. Just needs a nod from whoever is manning the recording gear at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Myself and Onion weren't too happy about this either. Just needs a nod from whoever is manning the recording gear at the time.
    There are many lessons to be learned. Not least of which is how to hold a mic. Consistent levels are impossible to get if we, say, hold it like a ice-cream.

On a related note. The flights and accommodation are booked and paid for. All the lads confirmed. We have some money left over. This isn't a huge amount so unless there are other suggestions (like putting it into the community find <- I like this idea) I'll divvy it up to the three 1st placers in marvel, tekken tag, and mk9.

Yeah give it to the winners of the other events. They paid their entry fee like everyone else and did well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Give it to me as a consolation prize for coming 2nd in two events and getting nothing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Any chance you could get some headphones for the stream setup. Its offputting hearing people commentate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Eventually, when I get a bit of spare cash, it's not just a case of buying the headphones.

No offence kiki, but glass houses and stones, you're not a great commentator yourself.

It actually isn't as simple as that: In order to monitor the mike volumes the way I used to I had to reintroduce a 5 second delay on the mikes, I'm making my best guess. I hit stop when I visually see people stop talking, so it's a bit of guess work.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

ayjayirl wrote: »
    On a related note. The flights and accommodation are booked and paid for. All the lads confirmed. We have some money left over. This isn't a huge amount so unless there are other suggestions (like putting it into the community find <- I like this idea) I'll divvy it up to the three 1st placers in marvel, tekken tag, and mk9.

My fight money :(

No offence kiki, but glass houses and stones, you're not a great commentator yourself.
    Well okay, I can accept that. But the lads drafted in weren't too knowledgable on 3S, and it shows (also it's the only game I really care about)

So why didn't you commentate on it then if you know and care about it so much?

So why didn't you commentate on it then if you know and care about it so much?
    I had a match iirc
    By the time it finished it was already game 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Provided info for some guy and he put up an article on the EU FGC news site.

http://www.versusism.com/2012/10/16/irish-mse-qualifier-for-sf-25th-anniversary-results-and-videos/

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Provided info for some guy and he put up an article on the EU FGC news site.

http://www.versusism.com/2012/10/16/irish-mse-qualifier-for-sf-25th-anniversary-results-and-videos/

Cheers Gus, all promotional help appreciated :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement