Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

DJ SC wrote: »
    new dubstep tune up called grave robber please check it out.
    cheers
    http://www.myspace.com/djscdubstep

Nice. I like the way the sound of the wobble/drums intergration is quite different to the feel i get from most Dubstep, another great tune from yourself man.

My own latest Dubstep effort is below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb0BNzgviko

I went for a much harder, more abraisive overall sound than i have done with my 'Step up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DJ SC

Dragan wrote: »
    Nice. I like the way the sound of the wobble/drums intergration is quite different to the feel i get from most Dubstep, another great tune from yourself man.

My own latest Dubstep effort is below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb0BNzgviko

I went for a much harder, more abraisive overall sound than i have done with my 'Step up to now.

cheers man.

just checked ur tune its pretty cool nice an dark an grimey.
    i think it needs a bit of work to define all ur noises if u no wat i mean.
    but for ur third try its comin along quite nicely!

DJ SC wrote: »
    cheers man.

just checked ur tune its pretty cool nice an dark an grimey.
    i think it needs a bit of work to define all ur noises if u no wat i mean.
    but for ur third try its comin along quite nicely!

Yeah, i have a lot to learn about mixing and mastering let alone song structure and the best way to abuse those Waveforms and LFO's! Cheers for the feedback man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

first one here :-

http://soundcloud.com/rob-hammond/patterns-2

not mastered, never finished.. scrapped 2x, reborn etc.. etc..

enjoy or nails down a chalkboard depending :-)

Got the player working today ;) - great trance :), you'll have to teach me how to sidechain that well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭dasdog

Great to see this sub forum and so many good posts and comments. I did a few techno/trance songs in April for old times sake and roughly mixed them:

Pirates: Mid 90's techno
    Somalians: Trance
    Sh1tOmelete: Early 90's techno
    Runtime 10m 45s

It takes a minute or so to really get going.

EDIT: The URL is censored. **** need to replaced with sh1t (with an i)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Diablo-Get High(Sean Nash Remix)
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/6242844300d5f600/

alright folks,only got the parts for this on sunday night and its due tomorrow:eek:.
    been working on it all week.

would appreciate any comments on the vocal(how to get it to sit better) and if the structure is too jumpy
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

seannash wrote: »
    Diablo-Get High(Sean Nash Remix)
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/6242844300d5f600/

alright folks,only got the parts for this on sunday night and its due tomorrow:eek:.
    been working on it all week.

would appreciate any comments on the vocal(how to get it to sit better) and if the structure is too jumpy
    :D

getting there. structure's not too jumpy. things i'd change

1. the kick - needs to be less 'bang' and more thump. Deeper like, very sharp and thin sounding at the moment.
    2. that running 16th sound sounds very very plastic to me. Don't think it needs it. The less that's running the more the groove is emphasised (i know that's slightly counterintuitive but try it out and see).
    3. There could be a bit more intensity regarding the space in the track. Listen to this as an example

you can get this with long reverb tails on the non drum stuff and a good bit of aul compressing to sh1t. With a deeper kick it'll make the whole track sound thicker.

hope that helps?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

cheers man.
    im having a real problem with reverb at the moment.everytime i use it its really noticeable,especially the long tailed stuff.

i cant seem to make it sound natural.

kick was something i was gonna address alright.ill take a look at the running 16th sound and let you know how it works out:D

http://soundcloud.com/shatterfreak/the-beat-psytrance

My first Psytrance effort. It's an odd one to make truthfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

made this one a while ago, dont think i ever posted it here tho

http://www.underbellymusic.com/trackuploads/TheOhZeros-WakeUp.mp3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CyanRain

http://soundcloud.com/cosmic-pop/cosmic-pop-lol-working-title-demo

An very very very rough demo (only started yesterday) of a song I'm working on. All feedback is higly appreciated, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

CyanRain wrote: »
    http://soundcloud.com/cosmic-pop/cosmic-pop-lol-working-title-demo

An very very very rough demo (only started yesterday) of a song I'm working on. All feedback is higly appreciated, thanks.

Okay... firstly ill say its not my thing, not sure what kind of style your going for, trance?

Few points to take into account, firstly structure, you should get used to making your songs with a dj friendly intro and outro, its rare you would come accross a dance song so short. Build it up a lot slower, search structure in this forum ther was a thread about it not so long ago.

You need to work on your sounds a lot more aswell, throw in some more effects and put more effort into the synthesis to make your sounds fatter, same applies with the drums here, this will come to you over time.

Try to stay in key aswell, when it gets to about 1.24, dont mean to cause any offence, but it really sounds pretty bad the pad sound and the synths just dont go together at all, maybe read up a bit on musical theory.

Last thing id say is try to finish your songs before you upload them. A lot of people are very reluctant to listen to works in progress.

Hope that was of some help!

And btw what are you using to produce?

SteveDon wrote: »
    Okay... firstly ill say its not my thing, not sure what kind of style your going for, trance?

Few points to take into account, firstly structure, you should get used to making your songs with a dj friendly intro and outro, its rare you would come accross a dance song so short. Build it up a lot slower, search structure in this forum ther was a thread about it not so long ago.

You need to work on your sounds a lot more aswell, throw in some more effects and put more effort into the synthesis to make your sounds fatter, same applies with the drums here, this will come to you over time.

Try to stay in key aswell, when it gets to about 1.24, dont mean to cause any offence, but it really sounds pretty bad the pad sound and the synths just dont go together at all, maybe read up a bit on musical theory.

Last thing id say is try to finish your songs before you upload them. A lot of people are very reluctant to listen to works in progress.

Hope that was of some help!

And btw what are you using to produce?

You guessed right, I'm a noob :P

I'm looking for something different mainly, maybe something kind of trance, I guess.

Might sound like a total dick now, but I would I go about "making the sounds fatter"?

It was a lot of help thanks :)

And I'm using Ableton Live 8.

Thanksagain,
    Matt

CyanRain wrote: »
    You guessed right, I'm a noob :P

I'm looking for something different mainly, maybe something kind of trance, I guess.

Might sound like a total dick now, but I would I go about "making the sounds fatter"?

It was a lot of help thanks :)

And I'm using Ableton Live 8.

Thanksagain,
    Matt

Well i would suggest trying to find what kind of style you feel comfortable with. Get a lot of songs that you like in that style and listen to them really carefully taking note of their structure and what kind of sounds they use and stuff.

Ive never really used Ableton myself, but in general to make your sounds sound better you are gonna have to do a fair bit of tinkering around with the various knobs on your machine, if it has a detune knob try twisting that a bit. Your sounds at the moment sound as tho they are preset sounds, head it before kinda plasticy and cheesey sounding.

Try using more effects, throw some more reverb in there, reverb is my best friend ha. Try automating the effects and filters on your synths aswell to move as the song plays. This is very useful for breakdowns and buildups.

The more practise you get the better you get, i know its an old cliche, but its just like playing guitar, you wont be able to do an 8 finger tapping solo after a few days of playing but it will come to you after lots of practise.

Aye, I get ya. Thanks a million! I owe ya one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Bobon

Alright Lads. I've got a new track up on my myspace page.

Wouldn't mind some feedback. The track is called 'Midnight In Arcadia'.

www.myspace.com/raisingagentireland

Cheers.

Bobon wrote: »
    Alright Lads. I've got a new track up on my myspace page.

Wouldn't mind some feedback. The track is called 'Midnight In Arcadia'.

www.myspace.com/raisingagentireland

Cheers.

Cool track dude, nice little chillout sounds you got going on enjoyed the tracks on your page.

Only little bit of advice maybe is to try to work on your overall sound a bit, although its hard to tell from myspace players but perhaps your tracks could do with a bit better mixing.

Overall tho youve got great ideas, keep it up!

Cool track dude, nice little chillout sounds you got going on enjoyed the tracks on your page.

Only little bit of advice maybe is to try to work on your overall sound a bit, although its hard to tell from myspace players but perhaps your tracks could do with a bit better mixing.

Overall tho youve got great ideas, keep it up!

Cheers Steve. By mixing, do you mean the levels? I tend to rush it a bit when doing it. I'm relatively new to it all and am starting to feel limited with what I can do. I have to start using some more imagination and messing around with it.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Bobon wrote: »
    Cheers Steve. By mixing, do you mean the levels? I tend to rush it a bit when doing it. I'm relatively new to it all and am starting to feel limited with what I can do. I have to start using some more imagination and messing around with it.

Thanks again for the feedback.

What are you using to produce? Yeah im talkng about levels, panning, compression, eqing and the likes. It tends to be the most boring bit of producing and a lot of people including myself tend to rush through it at the end.

What are you using to produce? Yeah im talkng about levels, panning, compression, eqing and the likes. It tends to be the most boring bit of producing and a lot of people including myself tend to rush through it at the end.

I'm using Ableton 8. I did throw a bit of compression on the drums and bass. On the master track I'd throw some compression EQ and Limiter as I've done a bit of reading-up on mixing and mastering and that was the general jist of the info I found. To be honest, I just blagged it. I'd be messing with the dials and knobs until it sounded good. I can tell its not correct as my songs are not near the level that you'd hear in other songs.

• Advertisement

http://soundcloud.com/shatterfreak/twisted-valkyrie

And another one. Dubstep again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Miss_Terry

http://soundcloud.com/miss_terry/ih

This ones for mac lovers. Comments/help please or just throw veg at me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Miss_Terry wrote: »

Does sauerkraut count? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Miss_Terry

ICN wrote: »
    Does sauerkraut count? :pac:

Sure, or sausages. But production tips welcome also ;) - i've tried to make this track cover many genre to better my chances.

Sure, or sausages. But production tips welcome also ;) - i've tried to make this track cover many genre to better my chances.

Oh.. A Test? :D

First off.. I dont want to cause any offence.

I hope you dont mind me saying that It "sounds" absolutely grand.. but I'm genuinely v.confused by the style.

I find it hard to comment on your tracks because I'm not sure of the reference point to start.

If it was Trance - or Breakbeat (Breaks as its known today.. Fatboy Slim isnt cool anymore.. ;):D ) then cool.. but I dunno.. I find it very difficult to offer a perspective the way it is at the moment tbh Mate!

I hold my hands up - I dont know it all.. Far from it.

But the gut is saying, maybe stick to one Genre and develop if away from the late 90's vibe.

Again.. Hope you dont take offence Mate! None intended at all.. :)

The start of this is actually alright even tho im not sure what it is exactly, the trance breakdown at the end was totally unessecary in my opinion it really didnt make sense at all!

Are neurojazz and miss terry the same person?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

I'd hope not, unless someones cloned me.

Being honest, that song felt like i was waiting around a long time for nothing to happen. The intro was okay, but at 1:20 it's a bit long without a big drop...then you get to change and it gets pulled back....stays soft, goes back the same and then trances out.

The drum is nice, but more variation is needed in the main drum pattern.

Also, the trance out at the end? I'd lose it, strip the song back to DnB basics and go from there.

Definite potential but at the moment it feels a little to all over the shop and for me, the trance out completely kills it. Just me though.

• Advertisement

Are neurojazz and miss terry the same person?

Yeah.. + 1 for that.

I've got evidence ;)

Advertisement