Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milkshaking

• 05-06-2019 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭

I think that the throwing of milkshake is analogous to the act of ejaculation, which is an inherently patriarchal act, anybody throwing milkshake is therefore enabling the patriarchy. #endthemilkshaking ✊

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Nice try, Louise.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Tommy-Robinson-milkshake-776412.jpg?r=5ccc0838f3a58

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Seanachai wrote: »
    I think that the throwing of milkshake is analogous to the act of ejaculation, which is an inherently patriarchal act, anybody throwing milkshake is therefore enabling the patriarchy. #endthemilkshaking ✊

It's Obviously to bring all the boys to the yard....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Sometimes, some things are like other things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I think it brings all the boys to the yard....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Your Face wrote: »
    Sometimes, some things are like other things.

and sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Except for when it's a penis analogy obvs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 335 ✭✭.Charlo

phill106 wrote: »
    I think it brings all the soys to the yard....

FYP

what I find unbelievable in all of this is, just one bright/dull spark with an axe to grind throws half milk half drain cleaner and it's game over!! you should be charged with assault end of story if not just as a deterrent. regardless of anyones views, since when did throwing fluid become a cool up yours to the man!! hey guys lets go one further than eggs and throw milk shakes.. these dopes have no jobs I'll bet and fook all else in their lives.

I saw one weapon protesting on UTV last night and after her horde through milkshake over some opposing protestor, she was asked if that was fair or appropriate! she told the guy she didn't have to justify anything to WHITE MEN!
    This fat beanbag was as white as said thrown shake and obviously as thick too!!

rusty cole wrote: »
    what I find unbelievable in all of this is, just one bright/dull spark with an axe to grind throws half milk half drain cleaner and it's game over!! you should be charged with assault end of story if not just as a deterrent. regardless of anyones views, since when did throwing fluid become a cool up yours to the man!! hey guys lets go one further than eggs and throw milk shakes.. these dopes have no jobs I'll bet and fook all else in their lives.

I saw one weapon protesting on UTV last night and after her horde through milkshake over some opposing protestor, she was asked if that was fair or appropriate! she told the guy she didn't have to justify anything to WHITE MEN!

The bull huss that milkshaked the man in London yesterday was on Twitter apologising and begging for forgiveness today. Probably afraid she will lose her job with the NHS.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

These types are damaged psychologically from bullying in their formative years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Always had the impression that it brought all the boys to the yard.

[/B]

I agree and so the bullied becomes the bully, like the victim can become the molester!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

If thrown by a woman does it enable the matriarchy?

We both produce white liquid and so your post is part of the problem, sexist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

7WXE.gif

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bill Gates was one for the first victims for "food attacks" back in 1998.
    Gates declined to press charges against the pranksters who said afterward they were motivated simply by mischief and not any particular grievance with Gates.

bill_gates.jpg

1998, simpler times.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

since when did throwing fluid become a cool up yours to the man!! hey guys lets go one further than eggs and throw milk shakes.. these dopes have no jobs I'll bet and fook all else in their lives.

Well....throwing cream pie's was once a popular thing to do, but to be honest they were harder to carry and also harder to get into buildings with then say a milkshake

I wonder is someone down there milkshaking the anti-trump crowd?
    I bet regular milk gives them gas, they mostly drink soy milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

phill106 wrote: »
    I think it brings all the boys to the yard....

Its nothing without the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭leonffrench

Its testing the waters on what they can get away with and what the public will accept. Once the public accept this act it will escalate to the next level...a punch in the face maybe....if that flies then what's next? If the tables were turned and it was right wing activists throwing milkshakes on left wing figures it would be labelled as terrorism

We won't know until someone finally milkshakes Corbyn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

biko wrote: »

pleeeeeeeeeaaase oh pllleeease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

The right have become more and more pathetic in recent years. People used to laugh this kind of thing off.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2017/0427/870805-michael-noonan-hit-by-pie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

[/B]

Not being able to get the ride at half two in Coppers is also a factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

At least they won't be ruining an expensive suit.
    I've seen better dressed tramps to be honest.

The right have become more and more pathetic in recent years. People used to laugh this kind of thing off.

For Noonan and Gates it was pranks
    For Robinson it was thrown in malice, and the following political shakes too.

Leftists, please stop weaponising everything

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Its testing the waters on what they can get away with and what the public will accept. Once the public accept this act it will escalate to the next level...a punch in the face maybe....if that flies then what's next? If the tables were turned and it was right wing activists throwing milkshakes on left wing figures it would be labelled as terrorism
    Bullshît if anything it's the complete opposite, a massive deescalation from when a right wing man actually murdered a Left wing politician

Bullshît if anything it's the complete opposite, a massive deescalation from when a right wing man actually murdered a Left wing politician
    Or when a left wing man tried to murder a right wing politician recently.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

F*cking assh0les wasting perfectly good milkshakes.

For Noonan and Gates it was pranks
    For Robinson it was thrown in malice, and the following political shakes too.

Leftists, please stop weaponising everything

These snowflakes need to suck it up and bring an extra suit with them. I'd actually love it (love it) if Donald Trump got hit - not because I have any particular issue with him (he's only slightly more terrible than his more polished predecessors), but because of the inevitable whining from all the bootlickers on here. Poor Mister President, Sir.

I'd love it.

• Advertisement

I'd actually love it (love it) if Donald Trump got hit
    Oh oh, you just ended up on a no-fly list. Hope you don't plan to go to America any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

These snowflakes need to suck it up and bring an extra suit with them. I'd actually love it (love it) if Donald Trump got hit - not because I have any particular issue with him (he's only slightly more terrible than his more polished predecessors), but because of the inevitable whining from all the bootlickers on here. Poor Mister President, Sir.

I'd love it.

That milkshake would bring all the boys to the yawd....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Given the upsurge in recent years of acid attacks and the like, anyone committing this sort of attack should be looking at a long stretch in jail. Even if it’s not physically harmful the psychological impact is significant. Scummy behavior and in no way compatible with peaceful protest

yeah ok, and that makes it fine then? so lets just say for example some catcher in the rye fan decides he wants to scar trump and fills a carton 9 parts caustic soda, 1 part food colouring and throws it at trump.... I just hope if it happens, he's wearing a anti Nazi T shirt or an ANTIFA hair net FFS!!

I don't care if the worst that happens is the receiver of said milk shake is feckin lactose intolerant... you can hate someones policies all you like, but that's simply not peaceful protest, when you're arguing your losing they say..so if you're throwing fluids, what's outside perception going to be!!
    So lets say the gay couple who asked for a wedding cake to be made were refused whilst being covered in milk shake, what then...HATE CRIME right???
    which is correct, so anyone throwing anything or getting physical should be charged with inciting hatred etc, end of story!

tritium wrote: »
    Given the upsurge in recent years of acid attacks and the like, anyone committing this sort of attack should be looking at a long stretch in jail.

‘I'd prefer ACID but milkshakes will do’
    Charity worker provokes outrage with Farage attack tweet
    5ce417ebdda4c8237f8b45ad.png
    https://www.rt.com/uk/459908-charity-acid-farage-milkshake/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Now that's not very charitable is it.

• Advertisement

5ce417ebdda4c8237f8b45ad.png
    https://www.rt.com/uk/459908-charity-acid-farage-milkshake/

Serious question, why are they all so ugly? Does that explain the anger?

Now that's not very charitable is it.
    Just your normal run-of-the-mill left leaning charity worker happened to vent what she really was thinking.
    .Charlo wrote: »
    They probably start out pretty but their true nature eventually shines through.
    We're dealing with very dark and sinister powers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

There's already a thread on milkshaking, did the rubbish joke in OP really warrant a thread of it's own rather than just being posted in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

The fish-mouth is actually a thing that crops up a lot, why do so many of them have it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Long custodial sentences
    significant psychological impact

Get a grip, it's a milkshake ffs

• Advertisement

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Long custodial sentences
    significant psychological impact

Get a grip, it's a milkshake ffs

like I said, it only takes one martyr for the cause and your blind or worse!!
    Lets not forget it was an extreme version of these same views which inspired
    Jo Cox's killer. Actually after the whole Jo Cox thing, I'm gobsmacked this has even go so far I agree, the same folks were calling hate crime on two teens for leap frogging Sinead Burke in Dublin some weeks ago, but it's ok to douse a trump supporter with milk shake, and who knows if they haven't even filled it with Piss as an inside joke..how would anyone feel then if it were revealed some of them contained urine?? think on that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Lol

TRUMP.PNG

I'm sure he didn't think so, though the so called liberals seem delighted with themselves. where's the stand up to Bullies boards?? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I presume nobody has said anything about bringing the boys to the yard yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I just don't know... I mean when you see all those beautiful conservative women out there, it's a head scratcher...

brexit-news-brexit-party-ann-widdecombe-no-deal-conservative-party-leadership-1135191.jpg?r=1559471505384

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I just don't know... I mean when you see all those beautiful conservative women out there, it's a head scratcher...

brexit-news-brexit-party-ann-widdecombe-no-deal-conservative-party-leadership-1135191.jpg?r=1559471505384

She's no stunner, but she doesn't resemble something a deep sea sub runs into.

Tbh, that one is just old.
    There is no shame in getting old and looking old.

Tbh, that one is just old.
    There is no shame in getting old and looking old.

Exactly. She wasn't always old.

widdecombe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Exactly. She wasn't always old.

widdecombe.jpg

So you post a picture of her probably early 60s rather early 70s?

To be fair, here's an actual picture of her when she was young. No supermodel, but an ordinary looking girl.

Ann-Widdecombe-young-1199027.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Tommy-Robinson-milkshake-776412.jpg?r=5ccc0838f3a58
    Too vanilla.

• Advertisement
Advertisement