Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have we reached Peak Beard ?

Options
  • 10-01-2019 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

I wonder if facial hair reached its peak, will clean shaven faces make a return.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

vladmydad wrote: »
    I wonder if facial hair reached its peak, will clean shaven faces make a return.

Peak has been and gone surely

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I had a beard before it became a 'thing' and I'll have one afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

We haven't even begun to peak!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I think the peak was reached at least a year ago. I used to regularly see groups of identikit hipsters, with identical beards, hairstyles, and clothes hanging around together, but you rarely see that any more. I notice a lot of the hipsters at work have either shaved off the beards, or have trimmed them down to stubble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 217 ✭✭Cockford Ollie

These guys with perfectly shaped and manicured beards look so... feminine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Had one 13 years ago before all this fad started, when a beard was just a change of scenery rather than a must have fashion item because the crowd say so........ and was told I should shave it by a friend's wife, which I didn't of course. I did though when I saw the amount of beards suddenly appearing. 8 years later, her husband grew a beard, and still has it, like the rest of the clones. He also wears his skinny jeans rolled up over his ankles, nb runners, no socks, in the middle of winter. At 40.

I'd love to see a phase of Hitler moustaches for the sheep. Be hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Whatever about the beards I just can’t get my head around the no socks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

I love my beard.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Had one 13 years ago before all this fad started, when a beard was just a change of scenery rather than a must have fashion item because the crowd say so........ and was told I should shave it by a friend's wife, which I didn't of course. I did though when I saw the amount of beards suddenly appearing. 8 years later, her husband grew a beard, and still has it, like the rest of the clones. He also wears his skinny jeans rolled up over his ankles, nb runners, no socks, in the middle of winter. At 40.

I'd love to see a phase of Hitler moustaches for the sheep. Be hilarious.

I'm in my late 40's and I nearly weep when I see lads of my generation at that shîte. There's a lad that was in my class in school that goes around dolled up like a 20 year old hipster. It's painful to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Rennaws wrote: »

I hope *HOPE* that these clowns are wearing ankle socks at least

Because if not their shoes much be vile - gawk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think beards will always be around ,they always have sure didn't Jesus start the whole trend ,
    I had a beard for 11 years and it won't be going away any time soon , My da had one when I was young so maybe that's why iv always liked one ,To be fair its not a hipster one

On that note hipster beards seem to be dying and now everyone is going for the stubble look ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Benny Biscotti

It's onto moustaches now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Don't really care about the trend it's great not having to shave every morning and pay a fortune on blades.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I hate my beard, but I hate shaving more.

When the anaemic hipsters abandon their checkered shirts in the woodshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I think beards will always be around ,they always have sure didn't Jesus start the whole trend ,
    I had a beard for 11 years and it won't be going away any time soon , My da had one when I was young so maybe that's why iv always liked one ,To be fair its not a hipster one

On that note hipster beards seem to be dying and now everyone is going for the stubble look ,

Ah ffs, there goes my stubble. It's actually time anyhow, stubble is out, clean shaven is back. They'll realise this in 5 years, then I'll grow my beard, the cycle continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Haven't shaved since I could grow a beard (which happened when the latest beard trend took off), barely even trim it these days. Looks pretty shit I'd say, but I don't give too many cares. It hides my jawless face, keeps cold air out of the bike helmet - plus it catches my crumbs so I can have a snack later.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Ah ffs, there goes my stubble. It's actually time anyhow, stubble is out, clean shaven is back. They'll realise this in 5 years, then I'll grow my beard, the cycle continues.

I wonder when clean shaven came in to begin with ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

There are a lot of fragile men who are afraid to shave their beard as they do not feel comfortable with how they look without it. The uncomfortableness is usually evident by how much of a twat they come across to others.

There are a lot of fragile men who are afraid to shave their beard as they do not feel comfortable with how they look without it. The uncomfortableness is usually evident by how much of a twat they come across to others.

Meeeeeeow :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

When you hit puberty you'll be able to grow one too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Rennaws wrote: »

I think it was OK during the summer, its like they forgot about the seasons and nobody will break ranks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

You don't work for a certain razer company do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The beard thing is not new. Nor is it going to fade away.
    I dont foresee myself without one ever now.
    Granted at the start I didnt put a lot of effort into keeping it right but now I do. I enjoy that part and think now its normal to have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

lawred2 wrote: »
    I hope *HOPE* that these clowns are wearing ankle socks at least

Because if not their shoes much be vile - gawk

It's those weird looking invisible socks that look a bit like ballet shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

1ff.jpg

That probably applies to neck beards more than the full-face type.

We've 3 IT lads working in our head office, all are fat, all dress like bums, and all have neck beards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Gravelly wrote: »

We've 3 IT lads working in our head office, all are fat, all dress like bums, and all have neck beards.

Thats IT for you.

Gravelly wrote: »

What of you mean by neck Beards ? Long beards ?

• Advertisement

What of you mean by neck Beards ? Long beards ?

latest?cb=20120715223321

Advertisement