Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine giving birth to this monster..

Options
  • 01-03-2017 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Imagine you give birth to this monster. Is there any way back for a relationship like that. If my child kicked me in the head repeatedly they would be disowned. Could you forgive this behavior?

http://www.thejournal.ie/teenager-kicked-mother-in-head-3263927-Mar2017/

'In evidence given earlier, Garda Keith Brannigan said that during the attack in September there was an altercation between the youth and his mother after she refused to give him money. “He ran over and spat in her hair and kicked her in her ear,” he said.
    The court heard the woman crouched and he then kicked her in the face and legs and four times in the head. He then ran after her but stopped and left when a taxi arrived to pick him up, the court heard.

On another date there was an incident after the boy requested new clothes. The teen shouted in his mother’s face and spat in her hair and, as she tried to get up, he kicked her lower back.
    The last incident happened in October when the teenager demanded money for new clothes, but she told him she did not have any and he would have to wait until the following day.
    The youth knocked her onto the ground and kicked her in the head. “She tried to get him off her and scratched him to get him off her,” the court was told. The teenager then left leaving her in fear, the garda said.
    '

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'm aware of a similar situation in my town, happened a long time ago though, is it truly possible to walk away from your own child? This poor man sounds very troubled, requiring serious professional help as does his family. You'd have to wonder is he rehabilitateable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,730 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Wow that's a selective interpretation of an incredibly complex issue, it might help if you actually read the full article instead of 2 paragraphs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

VinLieger wrote: »
    Wow that's a selective interpretation of an incredibly complex issue, it might help if you actually read the full article instead of 2 paragraphs.

Wow!! Just no.

Trying to use mental health issues as a mitigating factor for being junky scum is an insult to anybody seriously dealing with stress and anxiety.

I could have sympathy if he was genuinely schizophrenic or similar, but this is lawyering bull**** territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I think there's a lot more to this story than just victimising the mother. We don't know what she did (or didn't do regarding steering him away from trouble) to him in his formative years to cause this outburst of aggression.

Both are the victims and both need help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

VinLieger wrote: »

I read the article and i'm not buying the mental health angle as easily as you might. There are plenty of people with mental health issues and they don't have cocaine kits, don't demand money from their mother and then kick her head in when they don't get it. If we take the bleeding hearted line you take then anything can be justified by claiming someone has mental health issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I didn't read anything but I think we can all agree that both mother and son should be executed immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

me_irl wrote: »
    I think there's a lot more to this story than just victimising the mother. We don't know what she did (or didn't do regarding steering him away from trouble) to him in his formative years to cause this outburst of aggression.

Both are the victims and both need help.

I agree to a point - but kicking another human in the face on several occasions (let alone it being your own mother) is beyond the pale. To do that to anyone would suggest there is something missing - drugs or no drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

We all fight with family from time to time.

I'm sure they'll look back on this and laugh about it some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Wow!! Just no.

Trying to use mental health issues as a mitigating factor for being junky scum is an insult to anybody seriously dealing with stress and anxiety.

I could have sympathy if he was genuinely schizophrenic or similar, but this is lawyering bull**** territory.

And it's excuses like the one mentioned that lead to the most pathetic sentences being handed down for truly awful offences. IMO there are some things that just can't be excused, no matter what the reason. This isn't the worst of them, but the reason given is simply not good enough for the crime committed and should be disregarded almost in its entirety.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Your Face wrote: »
    I didn't read anything but I think we can all agree that both mother and son should be executed immediately.
    I don't agree - it is "society's fault".
    This way it's all our fault, and capitalism's fault, and the judicial system's fault.

Someone (else) should do something!

• Advertisement

Another reflection of the lack of ****s given by certain organs of the state.
    I can think of a similar case, lad in his early teens, getting in trouble, smashing stuff up etc. His mother has pleaded with the Gardai and others (social workers appointed after he smashed up other peoples' stuff) to take him away, they're having none of it. Instead he gets no help, just sent back to destroy her life and his siblings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

"If you don't give me what I want, when I want it, im going to beat you up because your infringing on my rights. I don't care whether your my mother, a SW employee or a social worker, a Garda or a nurse. Those are the rules."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Another reflection of the lack of ****s given by certain organs of the state.
    I can think of a similar case, lad in his early teens, getting in trouble, smashing stuff up etc. His mother has pleaded with the Gardai and others (social workers appointed after he smashed up other peoples' stuff) to take him away, they're having none of it. Instead he gets no help, just sent back to destroy her life and his siblings.

You'll find, on closer inspection, that his mother and indeed his extended family don't want to follow through on pressing charges on him, they want the social workers and the AGS to operate independent of the family because, you know, its not the done thing to have your own child put away.

infogiver wrote: »
    You'll find, on closer inspection, that his mother and indeed his extended family don't want to follow through on pressing charges on him, they want the social workers and the AGS to operate independent of the family because, you know, its not the done thing to have your own child put away.
    No, they do. She's very clear on it. She's told plenty of people so there's no "shame" there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Where is the father?

biko wrote: »
    I don't agree - it is "society's fault".
    This way it's all our fault, and capitalism's fault, and the judicial system's fault.

Someone (else) should do something!

Excellent, glad that's sorted.
    Time for tea now.
    Good show everyone.

Your Face wrote: »
    Excellent, glad that's sorted.
    Time for tea now.
    Good show everyone.

Well... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

He needs a good kick in the hole.

He needs a good kick in the hole.

'cos "an eye for an eye" works, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭flutered

'cos "an eye for an eye" works, right?
    ni cause he deserves it, as in badly

• Advertisement

flutered wrote: »
    ni cause he deserves it, as in badly

Thus perpetuating a cycle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Where is the father?

Could be dead for all we know, what difference does it make? Even if he is envolved with the mother, both as separated parents, it doesn't excuse what the kid is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Where is the father?
    Working for a US multinational in a senior management position.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,279 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Don't know the case at all but out of the people I know that would be similar to this guy the majority of them got it from their parents!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,723 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

She didn't give birth to a monster.

She gave birth to an innocent child(*), who she then proceeded to turn into a monster thru f*ced up parenting. She's getting what raised, nothing more and nothing less.

(*) There's a possibility that the child may have been drug-addicted before being born - but again, that's her fault.

She gave birth to an innocent child(*), who she then proceeded to turn into a monster thru f*ced up parenting. She's getting what raised, nothing more and nothing less.

(*) There's a possibility that the child may have been drug-addicted before being born - but again, that's her fault.
    Do you know them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Kid sounds completely fcuked up and needs to be in care.

I'd hazard a guess that the corrective kickings being blithely prescribed here won't really work.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,279 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

For all we know the lad could often have got the crap beat out of him by his mother!

Well... :pac:

Don't be so hard on yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭sonic85

And how the hell do you know what this woman did or didn't do? As someone posted above do you know them? I know plenty of scumbags from my locality who came from good hard working homes.

Advertisement