Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sort of diet do you have? Do you eat your veggies?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

May the humble bragging commence!

Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Not dieting is my diet :(

Keeping away from the diet monkeys is a diet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Very healthy until 9pm.

Lots of veg, lots of water, not much carbs or sugar.

Then, as soon as the kids are in bed, I go searching for any junk at all to nibble on for the next couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Great when im not drinking or hungover

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Threads on the same subject have been merged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

How long is a piece of string. .....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It's Ok - could be better. Bit I'm not going to be guilted into surviving on broccoli smoothies every day by some know all food/health fascist.

The older generations who were brought up on meat and 2 veg with lots of spuds and dairy (if they were lucky) are making it into their 90s. Explain that.

There's too much preaching and moralising on what we should be eating. Sure if you eat fast food every day it's not good but most of us eat a reasonably varied diet and that's fine.

I think obesity is more linked to lack of exercise and physical work than diet. People are living very sedentary lifestyles these days. My granparents' generation got a lot more exercise in their day to day life. And portions were smaller back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

You don't win friends with salad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I'm kind of half and half..could eat well half the week then once the weekend comes i completely forget, and its pizza, eating out all around.. roll for breakfast etc.

but during the week i TRY to stick to porridge for breakfast, coffee or berocca boost, lunch maybe half a low fat sub or soup and sandwich, dinner then anything i want to cook, pasta, spaghetti, meat/veg/mash, a curry, i am trying lately to eat full meals instead of small then snacks.. trying as of today to cut out bread often until my holiday next week. basically my meals are fine and keep me full until the next one. its the night time i have a problem with :( sitting around, then end up seeing if there's anything to snack on..

I have a big problem with food!:O for instance.. today i had those 3 meals, aswell as a full strawberry yoghurt (the big ones) banana pancake, couple of bite chocolate things, bag of popcorn, bowl of weetabix and an orange. yeah sure my diet is doing great......then again, if i had a big bowl of guacamole, sweetcorn and green pepper i'd be happy to chomp away for the night, its when theres crisps/ choc in the house i go mad. such a pity cause i love most vegetables and fruit!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You don't win friends with salad

You do if they are overweight and lacking in will power.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

I live on tea and the buns post concert. I'm cutting out on the sugar though as i'm getting a wee bit of a belly.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

I really hate the taste and texture of vegetables and even struggle with fruit so I bought myself one of those Nutribullets.
    I shove some vegetables and fruit together (you can add seeds & nuts too) with a bit of water and zap it into a thick liquid.
    The taste is unobjectionable.
    I gulp one down most days, hopefully in the long-run my health will benefit from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I've no problem eating my veggies when they're given to me. Like if I'm home and mammy cooks a dinner, or the roommate cooks them. But I feckin hate cooking them myself.

Not big on fruit either, I don't like sweet stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Fairly decent. Especially since I gave up processed meats.

Eat a fair few veggies, don't boil them to death either.

Processed meats would be?

Genuinely wondering, best types of meat to give up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Processed meats would be?

Genuinely wondering, best types of meat to give up?

Sausages, ham, rashers.. Also different prepared foods like chicken nuggets, burgers, lazanias and similar stuff.

I eat sausages, don't eat much packet ham at all maybe twice a year, if i eat rashers i take the fat off (which probably makes no difference?)

i used to eat alot of oven crap breaded chicken etc but wouldn't dare eat it now simply cause i hate the taste, if i was eating a burger i'd probably make it from scratch though i do like an odd mcdonalds..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Try to eat vegetables in some form each day and I get fish/fruit/seeds and nuts in as regular as I can. My absolute weakness? Lucozade. I am addicted to it. As in, genuinely addicted to it. At least 2 bottles a day. And disturbingly when I haven't had a bottle in a while, and I take my first sip, I can almost feel my brain light up with the sensation and I have to clench my fists with the rush. That's awful isn't it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I'm on the temple of doom diet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MgyRO3c870

Advertisement