Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking a girl out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

jamesbere wrote: »
    Dear member of the opposite sex

I'm a male of breeding age looking for companionship.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭lookinghere

johnyy92 wrote: »
    Hi i just have a quick question. I met this girl one night over the Christmas which i have not seen in years. She is a few years older than me and we were talking for a good half hour. Anyway over that time i got the vibe that she was scoping me out and was possibly interested. I was going to ask her out but between mutual friends moving around we got separated. I rarely see this girl and I dont have her number. I was just wondering if i asked her out over facebook would that be acceptable. Also i deactivated my Facebook account three years ago so i would only be signing in to send her a message.

I have this message in mind

Hi (Name), (Name) here, I was talking to you there the other night. I deactivated this account years ago and I only signed in to talk to you as I may not run into you again. I was just wondering if you would be interested in going for dinner and a few drinks some night when your around ?. I would have asked you the other night but it didn’t seem appropriate at the time. Sure let me know what you think anyway.

Any input into my approach would be much appreciated and a girls opinion on her point of view.
    Just do it. Worse can happen ? She say no move on then

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Any update OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

oakshade wrote: »
    Any update OP?

Johnny here off my other account.

Yeah, I messaged her on Facebook but now I'm not allowed within 500 feet of her. She's just playing hard to get, such a tease like, but my binoculars have a scope of 550 feet so the joke is on her lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 johnyy92

I have her asked. I am just waiting for a response. Did not mention deactivating account and I did not add her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

I have her asked. I am just waiting for a response. Did not mention deactivating account and I did not add her.

Did she reply yet?

What about now?

Now?

Aw tough break dude :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

You mentioned the deactivating didn't ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 johnyy92

Shes not really active on facebook and the message is filtered so it may take a couple of days for a reply. I will keep u posted

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The suspense is unbearable!!:pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You are all doing this the wrong way around. Use facebook to find out about her family. Ingrate yourself with them.

When she sees you have her father's blessing it's just a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Still nothing? Looks like she's just not that in to you I'm afraid. You probably should have mentioned deactivating Facebook; I bet leaving that out is what has put her off.

So, like, this guy called Johnny, like, sent me a message on Facebook. It went something like, 'Hey babes. I deactivated my Facebook....' Right away I'm thinking, 'Yah, so what happened was Mark Zuckerburg closed your account for ****ing stalking like.' He goes on: 'And I was just wondering if you wanted to meet up on Saturday'. I'm like, 'Yeah, sure, but it'll have to be Sunday because I'm going out with ****ing Graham Dwyer tomrorow night like'. Seriously?! He's a sweet guy who I met over Christmas, but how do I, like, tell him to **** off without coming across as such a bitch like?

Still nothing? Looks like she's just not that in to you I'm afraid. You probably should have mentioned deactivating Facebook; I bet leaving that out is what has put her off.

Probably best to send her a follow up message OP, explaining the Facebook deactivation in detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Probably best to send her a follow up message OP, explaining the Facebook deactivation in detail.

Do not send a follow up message.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Give it a day or two OP - I reacently sent a Facebook IM to a non-Facebook friend and it was a day or two before I got a response. Admittedly I wasn't asking them out but you get the drift....

It could also be that, unlike what seems like 99% of the population, she may not have her phone glued to her hand, I've often come home from work on a Friday, popped the phone on the mantle piece and not picked up again until the following morning

Good luck, and fair play for taking the chance, there's many that wouldn't have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Do you fcuk on first dates?

Does your dad own a brewery?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Hi i just have a quick question. I met this girl one night over the Christmas which i have not seen in years. She is a few years older than me and we were talking for a good half hour. Anyway over that time i got the vibe that she was scoping me out and was possibly interested. I was going to ask her out but between mutual friends moving around we got separated. I rarely see this girl and I dont have her number. I was just wondering if i asked her out over facebook would that be acceptable. Also i deactivated my Facebook account three years ago so i would only be signing in to send her a message.

I have this message in mind

Hi (Name), (Name) here, I was talking to you there the other night. I deactivated this account years ago and I only signed in to talk to you as I may not run into you again. I was just wondering if you would be interested in going for dinner and a few drinks some night when your around ?. I would have asked you the other night but it didn’t seem appropriate at the time. Sure let me know what you think anyway.

Any input into my approach would be much appreciated and a girls opinion on her point of view.

Get anything back?

• Advertisement

BOHtox wrote: »
    Get anything back?

Not his foreskin anyway.

Heeeeeyyyyy oooooooooohhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Not a happy ending id say lads

BOHtox wrote: »
    Get anything back?

Johnny here from my other account again.

Yeah, she got in contact with me through her solicitor. She's basically one of these PC types, telling me it's not acceptable to sit outside her client's house all night with my nightvision goggles on. She's still playing hard to get, but I'll get her ;)

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Johnny here from my other account again.

Yeah, she got in contact with me through her solicitor. She's basically one of these PC types, telling me it's not acceptable to sit outside her client's house all night with my nightvision goggles on. She's still playing hard to get, but I'll get her ;)

Stick with it lad. She will come around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

If you didn't add her the message may have gone into "message requests" which people don't always get a notification for! I went into my requests a while back and there was a message from a guy asking me out, 4 years ago.... oops :)

Add her!

Just call to her house op..naked. Tell her you didnt want to delay the inevitable

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Go for it but don't mention anything about deactivating your account and the only reason you're online is to talk to her. Some people are just not that active on FB, play it of as that.

Add her first, if she accepts, ask her how she is, did she have a good night that night, etc, if it's going well back and forth for a while then ask her for her number & a drink.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

IMO best advice given. I'd say go for it, women respect the fact that you went to the trouble of looking for them on FB. Keep it minimal, and even look at the angle of her chasing you then (or back whatever). ;) Yep yep, women love confidence in a man first and foremost, (I'd sure your well aware of that)
    Best of luck OP that I don't know from adamzzz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

They do indeed, but sure be summer she could be in a 4 month relationship be then!

WE CAN ONLY LIVE IN THE NOW MAN!!! IN THE NOW!

Ha ... :D

Just hairdressing messing on a Monday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

I wouldn't include the bit in bold, seeing as your name would be on your Facebook account, to me it would be bit too formal..Definitely don't say you deactivated your account, she probably won't even know.
    Everyone asks people out via Facebook these days, it's the norm. Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Red Eyes

Every time when I see that someone posted in this thread, I get a small glimmer of hope that the OP finally gave us an update, but sadly there never is. :(

Advertisement