Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Someone posted that the farm is if going from Strokestown to Falsk then it's the first right turn.

I think.

Indeed copyright of Fann Linn:)

From Tulsk towards Strokestown and just before you hit the speed limit zone its into the left.Or from Strokestown to Tulsk first right turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

knuckle dragging mouth breathers

LOL a unionist trying to infer someone else is thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,650 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

NIMAN wrote:
    Yet why are they the victims in all this???
    To some they are the victims but it's a whole bigger issue now.
    Thugs were brought down from Northern Ireland and people have become irate over it.
    The government have to be real careful now because this backlash could spread quickly to other situations in other parts of the country. They have to find a peaceful resolution and ensure that these bastards never enter this country again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

**** me I am as I said I am a unionist from the north but have never been overly invested in it but by god if iv ever needed motivation to fight against the thought of a United Ireland this thread is it! God knows what would happen to my community, my children if some of the knuckle dragging mouth breathers posting here were in charge! Please, the only solid evidence so far here is that one of the men who was enforcing a irish court order identified as British! That's enough for some to go on this sectarian diatribe. I am pretty sure there is not one UK based forum that would have allowed this level of sectarianism unfold simply because an Irish man was enforcing a court order in the UK.

not sure you have all the facts. The "security firm" in question has loyalist paramilitary links. that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

buried wrote:
    TG4 news have lovely footage of three starving cats lepin around the garden. One of them was probably viewing the horrorshow on saturday night like good auld Jonesy here

I suppose the cats will be suffering from PTSD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RobbieMD

This. There are no circumstances whatsoever in which that should not result in the Garda immediately stepping in and arresting that individual for assault. Simple as that.

Not all assaults carry a power of arrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

If the bankers were allowed to have this mindset and get what they wanted when they bankrupted most of Europe in 2008, is it not entirely hypocritical to suggest that the public should be treated differently? We paid for [/i]their[/i] f*ck ups when they f*cked up, but now we should accept them treating people without an ounce of compassion in far less serious circumstances

Yeah, f*ck that. The banking sector has absolutely no "sympathy capital" with the general public, and rightly so.

100% spot on. Something the bank sympathizers on here seem to forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

But all the banks bar Anglo are paying back the money, so why should these people be let off paying money back they owe?

They were rescued when they needed to be rescued, and they're only paying it back now that they're in a financially viable position to do so. And it didn't stop the likes of our finance minister failing to oppose an increase in bonuses for their executives back when they were still essentially being bankrolled by us.

So why shouldn't ordinary people who get into difficulty repaying their debts be similarly supported until they find themselves in a viable position to repay them?

Human beings matter more than businesses. If we're going to rescue businesses from financial difficulties but not actual human beings, then our society is, pun intended, morally bankrupt in its entirety.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

RobbieMD wrote: »
    Not all assaults carry a power of arrest.

Well then what was the point of them being there? They said themselves they were there to keep the peace.

Are you telling me that if the roles had been reversed and the people being evicted had assaulted the security goons in the same manner, the Gardai would similarly have stood by and done nothing about it? Seems highly unlikely given recent events.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭woddensanta

riemann wrote: »

Sir, I am simply inferring that the people going on the sectarian diatribe are somewhat intellectually challenged, though I assume from your post that you consider unionists to be some sort of sub spices that has no business challenging even the most obvious of bigoted on their outbursts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

There is no evidential burden on RTE when they are reporting. You don't seem to understand this.

I don't need to produce "written evidence" either as I've shown you video from RTE where they said that the eviction was carried out on foot of a court order. That's my evidence. I am not invollved in the legal proceedings so I can't rock down to the four courts and get you a copy of the order. It seems that this is what you expect from a discussion board...

So you base your judgement that something is legal on a news reporter talking to a camera!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

wonder who lives in the house bottom right, seems like land is connected from the tracks https://www.google.com/maps/@53.7817076,-8.16226,524a,35y,135.04h,44.8t/data=!3m1!1e3

That house seems to be built in a ring Fort!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

bb12 wrote: »

That's folio RN32752 on www.landdirect.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,650 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

not sure you have all the facts. The "security firm" in question has loyalist paramilitary links. that's the problem.
    Not only that but a retired Garda claims he was punched by some of them many times and lost some of his teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭buried

TCM wrote: »
    I suppose the cats will be suffering from PTSD.

Be a new angle for Ciaran Mullooly's next RTE news report from the place

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

They were rescued when they needed to be rescued, and they're only paying it back now that they're in a financially viable position to do so. And it didn't stop the likes of our finance minister failing to oppose an increase in bonuses for their executives back when they were still essentially being bankrolled by us.

So why shouldn't ordinary people who get into difficulty repaying their debts be similarly supported until they find themselves in a viable position to repay them?

Human beings matter more than businesses. If we're going to rescue businesses from financial difficulties but not actual human beings, then our society is, pun intended, morally bankrupt in its entirety.

Not paying VAT isn’t financial difficulty.

It’s fraud no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭blueythebear

But they are supported. They get time to regain their feet from the Bank through forebearance, then through the MARPS process and the glacially slow courts process, followed by the equally slow eviction process.

All the while there is bankruptcy, personal insolvency, mortgage to rent, abhaile scheme, split mortgages, capitalisation, etc

From the day that Summons comes through your door, you would have a good two years before you are forced out with at least a year before that through the MARPS process. Three years is ample time to find employment to start repaying your mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,431 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Did you know a very large portion of irelands bar/club security has republican paramilitary links? I wonder how many will now start boycotting bars and clubs around the country over this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Sir, I am simply inferring that the people going on the sectarian diatribe are somewhat intellectually challenged, though I assume from your post that you consider unionists to be some sort of sub spices that has no business challenging even the most obvious of bigoted on their outbursts?

Please don't refer to me as sir, or Lord. I am a citizen of a Republic, with a constitution recognising all men and women as equal.

Noone gives a **** whether you are blue, black or orange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Did you know a very large portion of irelands bar/club security has republican paramilitary links? I wonder how many will now start boycotting bars and clubs around the country over this?

I'm going on the dry!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭woddensanta

Please don't refer to me as sir, or Lord. I am a citizen of a Republic, with a constitution recognising all men and women as equal.

Noone gives a **** whether you are blue, black or orange.

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Please, the only solid evidence so far here is that one of the men who was enforcing a irish court order identified as British! That's enough for some to go on this sectarian diatribe.

Wouldn't mind but he was responding to someone calling him Irish was he not? Wasn't as if he came in playing a bloody flute or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

eagle eye wrote: »
    Not only that but a retired Garda claims he was punched by some of them many times and lost some of his teeth.

You don't see Vardakar or minister Flanagan condemning that atrocious assault by unlicensed thugs who beat the pensioner to a pulp.

Well then what was the point of them being there? They said themselves they were there to keep the peace.

Are you telling me that if the roles had been reversed and the people being evicted had assaulted the security goons in the same manner, the Gardai would similarly have stood by and done nothing about it? Seems highly unlikely given recent events.

And yet, you believe that Gardai should actually physically evict people.
    So, drag people out of their homes?
    Or, assault them, if you prefer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

**** me I am as I said I am a unionist from the north but have never been overly invested in it but by god if iv ever needed motivation to fight against the thought of a United Ireland this thread is it! God knows what would happen to my community, my children if some of the knuckle dragging mouth breathers posting here were in charge! Please, the only solid evidence so far here is that one of the men who was enforcing a irish court order identified as British! That's enough for some to go on this sectarian diatribe. I am pretty sure there is not one UK based forum that would have allowed this level of sectarianism unfold simply because an Irish man was enforcing a court order in the UK.

If you were paying attention, you'd know there is no solid evidence for even that much.

As to your last point - I wouldn't argue, but it would be fair to say that sectarianism is something that the British associate with people from your neck of the woods. That's why you find yourselves members of a club that doesn't really want you.

It is also fair to say that, in the round, the Irish contribution to Britain has been a lot more beneficial to them, than the British contribution to Ireland has been, to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

People see the word Unionist and make an automatic jump to DUP or loyalist

When you look at the DUP you have a few negative examples
    1, their blocking of equal marriage and abortion rights in NI
    2, their foot dragging through the Brexit process
    3, the RHI scandal

When you look at loyalists you have countless negative examples

Now everyone knows that doesn't reflect your average, decent unionist but that's how people will react to the DUP and loyalists

• Registered Users Posts: 28,290 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Omackeral wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind but he was responding to an assertation that he was Irish was he not? Wasn't as if he came in playing a bloody flute or anything.

Next we'll be hearing they were all wearing Rangers jerseys.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

There are plenty of idiots from both communities. No shortage whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind but he was responding to someone calling him Irish was he not? Wasn't as if he came in playing a bloody flute or anything.

According to some it was the 12th of July. Bowler hats, the lot. Wicked so it was.

Advertisement