Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I couldn't give a flying mouldy f*ck about Harry and Megan or William and Kate. I am so sick of the constant speculative headlines about them. I do not give a smelly, speckled sh1te.

:eek:

Lot of anger there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Being underestimated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Panned out on the couch with a hot water bottle, sick as a dog with a dose of a flu like thing and my dad is insistent that he is making small talk at me... :(

I wouldn't mind but he had this dose last week so knows how miserable it is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Why are there no Bidets in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Why are there no Bidets in Ireland?
    Houses built in the eighties and nineties usually have them. I've one in the main bathroom and it's great. Use it loads especially for grandchildren with dirty nappies and far easier than those awful wet wipes.

Adults in the family use it for personal hygiene and also for a quick foot bath.
    Gets more use than the huge bath as the shower is preferred by all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The way everything has to have an abbreviation nowadays like oh I had serious fomo. Do you know what you can do? You can gtfooiwts!! That's get the fuk out of it with that sh!te in laymans terms. Yolo rofl what a load of sh!te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

When you forget to read boards for a few days and you have pages of threads to catch up on.

wildwillow wrote: »
    Houses built in the eighties and nineties usually have them. I've one in the main bathroom and it's great. Use it loads especially for grandchildren with dirty nappies and far easier than those awful wet wipes.

Adults in the family use it for personal hygiene and also for a quick foot bath.

Correct, the easiest and most hygienic way to ensure a nipsy a clean as ...uhmmmm...... Kate Middleton’s maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

wildwillow wrote: »

My house never had one

• Registered Users Posts: 21,834 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The way everything has to have an abbreviation nowadays like oh I had serious fomo. Do you know what you can do? You can gtfooiwts!! That's get the fuk out of it with that sh!te in laymans terms. Yolo rofl what a load of sh!te.

Wtf is fomo ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 21,834 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ah ffs !
    I'll stick with my ffs btw lol wtf , that's enough for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Waiting on my dinner to cook.Im starving

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When I'm trying to have a much, much, much needed nap, and outside there's unbearable noise made by the engines of chainsaws, lawnmowers, and quadbikes, all at different pitches and frequencies. There's also a neighbour who's started to re-roof one of the old buildings and is throwing the old roof-tiles off of the roof onto the concrete underneath. I think I'm going to go insane, if this doesn't stop soon, I just want to cry...

New Home wrote: »
    When I'm trying to have a much, much, much needed nap, and outside there's unbearable noise made by the engines of chainsaws, lawnmowers, and quadbikes, all at different pitches and frequencies. There's also a neighbour who's started to re-roof one of the old buildings and is throwing the old roof-tiles off of the roof onto the concrete underneath. I think I'm going to go insane, if this doesn't stop soon, I just want to cry...

Hmmmm...... everyone should stop just for you eh?

Most people sleep at night, bro.

Just sayin’ like.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

'twould be nice if that were an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Smart arses are a TA too - just sayin'

Seven Worlds will Collide

Whoever manages to invent a silent engine (including the one for a dentist's drill) will make a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Wtf is fomo ??

Fear of missing out apparently Mam. I know, what a load of sh!te!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've managed to change my watch to 24 hour time display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've managed to change my watch to 24 hour time display.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,781 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The still prevalent, acceptable anti English sentiments held by, otherwise intelligent people here.

Friend : "if brexit wasn't potentially so harmful to Ireland, it would be hilarious to watch"

What's so fcuking funny about seeing a neighbouring, stable democracy tear itself apart from inside? It's horrible to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My laptop takes an absolute age to shut down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Whoever manages to invent a silent engine (including the one for a dentist's drill) will make a fortune.
    According to a well known dentist, there is a silent dental drill, but its not 'as good' as the ones that make noise.

TA this reminds me that I have to go back to the hygienist and I find her a 'challenging' personality.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I know this one ...am horrendously noise sensitive and react to every door opening also cup being clinked . A mess of loud noises would be worse . Would white noise in the background help you ? There's ASMR videos on youtube...rain, wind, hairdryers and vacuum cleaners :D

Thanks for the tip Widdershins. :) I'm not the best with noises when I'm nice and rested, but when I'm worn out they're hell. I went for earplugs, but then there was my tinnitus waiting for me... :/

Next time I'll go for earphones and play Spiegel im Spiegel on a loop. :)

A popular local pastime involves trying to blow the engine of an old car by revving the engine for hours.

TA not sure if it's a mumps thing ( salivary glands ?) but my mouth feels really strange , and my lips are sticking together

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

About 2 weeks ago I said I was gonna get a new stereo for my car, looked on Halfords website, picked one and reserved it, and picked to have fitting done by them. Confirmation email said I’d receive a text when I could pick it up, and that they’d be in touch to arrange a time to fit it. Never heard anything from them. Only glad I chose to pay in store instead of online!

Think I’ll go to the local motor factors and see if they have them and do fitting instead.

A popular local pastime involves trying to blow the engine of an old car by revving the engine for hours.

I'd kill them!!! :mad: Aside from everything else, why waste all that money in petrol? Idiots. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭mossie

That stupid "peely, peely" McDonalds ad is enough to make me throw something at the TV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement