Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running Events in Wexford

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭HeavyRunner

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Now linked on Racepix.com - tagged about 200 of them, will do the rest another night.
    It's a pity there is no software to automatically tag the pics by identifying the bib numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

It's a pity there is no software to automatically tag the pics by identifying the bib numbers.

Great pics either way guys, thanks for that:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Great pics either way guys, thanks for that:)

Did we get ya?

Next one up is the Kilmore Quay 5k One of the few lapped races around. This year it is preceded by a kids half mile race with free entry for the kids and a medal to all finishers. Also as part of the race there is a inter-firm business race with teams of 5 running 1k each. Entry is 10 Euro on the day.

Kilmore Quay Seafood Festival 5km, 9th July
    Ballagh 4 Mile, 15th July (Club League)
    Phil Murphy 12k road race, 24th July
    Clonroche 5 Mile, 29th July (Club League)
    Taghmon 10k, 12 August (Club League)
    Davidstown 10k, 19th August (Club League)
    Oylegate Half Marathon, 28th August
    Kilmore 10k,10th September
    Mick Murphy 4 mile, 17th September

Did we get ya?

yeah ye did Dilbert, in a good few pics, thanks to all the photographers who were out on the course:)

onto the kilmore quay 5k now - anyone else from here doing it? a right race!

Provisional results for Kilmore Quay 5k now at this link.
    Link

Some details about the 12k road race run as part of the Phil Murphy Weekend.
    The 'Trip to Cullenstown' is run under A.A.I. rules on Sunday July 24 starting at 1.30 p.m. prize fund is €1,000, entry fee before July 24 is €10 or €15 on the day, walkers and joggers also welcome, for information contact 051-561159 after 4 p.m. or 051-561101 or emails colferspub@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 28 freedom13

Does anyone know where in the Ballagh the 4 mile race is this Friday ? Or where the registration takes place ? Thanks.

Its ok, I've just spotted it in the local Echo = the church car-park.

Next one up is in Clonroche this Friday. Did anyone do the 'Phil Murphy' 12k? I havn't heard anything about it.

Clonroche 5 Mile, 29th July (Club League)
    Taghmon 10k, 12 August (Club League)
    Davidstown 10k, 19th August (Club League)
    Oylegate Half Marathon, 28th August

• Advertisement

Just heard that there is a fun run/race on in Curracloe this Sunday morning (July 31st) - need to find out more details but rumoured to be a 6km, with registration from 9-30am, don't know any more as yet

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

Just heard that there is a fun run/race on in Curracloe this Sunday morning (July 31st) - need to find out more details but rumoured to be a 6km, with registration from 9-30am, don't know any more as yet

Just seen a poster for this earlier today. Took a photo for the details.

Curracloe 6km charity run or walk in Culletons Gap, in aid of Cystic Fibrosis.
    Registration 9:30 - 10am, Culletons Gap car park
    Starting @ 10:15am, entry fee €10

Contact David Carley 087-7989809 or Jason Browne 087-2654095

Am thinking of running this and I hear it's a nice route.

I just is a new app for Android phones that lists all events from Run Ireland web-site. Details of the app here. It needs a bit of work in that it show a lot of past events and you have to scroll down to the current stuff. Hopfully they will develop it further.

Looking forward to the Oylegate half marathon/10 km run on Sunday 28th of August ... should be good .

freedom13 wrote: »
    Looking forward to the Oylegate half marathon/10 km run on Sunday 28th of August ... should be good .

yeah should be good, plus it's a week later this yr so that's better.... not to forget the 10km in davidstown tomorrow evening and the 4miler in tombrack on sat evening either though:)

Just a few stats to share on how entrants so far to the 2011 Kilmore 10k had heard about the race. Internet 37%, Word of mouth 31%, Locally 12%, E-mail from club 10%, Newspaper 8% and Other 2%. No surprises, the web the most cost and time effective way of promoting an athletics event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Does anyone have any info on the Oylegate HM that's taking place this Sunday? I'm running it as a friend of a pacer and just looking for a heads up on the course / last year's race etc. Can't seem to find anything more than a single webpage directing to registration. Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

claralara wrote: »
    Does anyone have any info on the Oylegate HM that's taking place this Sunday? I'm running it as a friend of a pacer and just looking for a heads up on the course / last year's race etc. Can't seem to find anything more than a single webpage directing to registration. Thanks in advance.

Hi Claralara,

This is the only website I could find.

http://www.oylegate.com/

It has a map of this years course which is different from last years - this years is flatter apparently. Last years results are also there.

Hope this helps,
    Dev

• Advertisement

Thanks Dev. Looks like there'll be a small enough field so looking forward to finding myself crossing the finish line as it's being removed...:eek: Hopefully we'll get a nice day for it at least. :)

Thanks Dev. Looks like there'll be a small enough field so looking forward to finding myself crossing the finish line as it's being removed...:eek: Hopefully we'll get a nice day for it at least. :)

Yeah, I don't think there will be big numbers.

I might be in the same position as yourself with regards them packing up before I finish.

I'm gonna set the Garmin to 13.1 miles and once it beeps I'm stopping. I don't care if that is in the middle of the N11; I've ran my race.

The weather is always great in the sunny south east!!! Should be dry but cloudy according to forecasts.

I've just noticed on the website that the half is starting at 9.30am and the 10k at 10am. When I registered it was 10am for both. Hopefully this wont delay things come Sunday morning.

dev123 wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't think there will be big numbers.

I might be in the same position as yourself with regards them packing up before I finish.

I'm gonna set the Garmin to 13.1 miles and once it beeps I'm stopping. I don't care if that is in the middle of the N11; I've ran my race.

The weather is always great in the sunny south east!!! Should be dry but cloudy according to forecasts.

I've just noticed on the website that the half is starting at 9.30am and the 10k at 10am. When I registered it was 10am for both. Hopefully this wont delay things come Sunday morning.

Well done on the PB on Sunday - great running! Nice to meet you, hope the training continues to go well! Keep in touch and let me know how you're getting on. You'll bag your sub4 no bother if you keep going the way you have been.:)

Well done on the PB on Sunday - great running! Nice to meet you, hope the training continues to go well! Keep in touch and let me know how you're getting on. You'll bag your sub4 no bother if you keep going the way you have been.:)
    Thanks Claralara,

It was a pleasure running with you on Sunday. The first couple of miles flew by.

Congrats on breaking 50 miles for last week. I've just read your report for the half on Sunday. Fair play for picking yourself back up and finishing it as a LSR (which if I remember correctly was your plan in the first place).

I'm not so sure about the sub-4 but I will keep going and see how it pans out.

Will see you at the start line in October.

All the best,
    Dev

A nice turnout in Oylegate on Sunday.....the 10 km went well, the hard slog up the main road in to Oylegate was a killer with the sun piercing down, a couple of nice hills thrown in for good measure ....managed to knock nearly 12 minutes off my last 10km [ just goes to show how c&*p that run was] lol, still felt like I left at least 5 minutes out there at least as a consequence of a cold, too long of a run on the Wednesday before and an acrobatic head over the handlebars of a bike land on the knee fall the day before the race :-[]. Roll on the Kilmore 10km on Saturday week if I don't manage to commit hari kari by then lol.

Just a little reminder that the early bird entry fee of 15 euro closes for the Kilmore 10k this evening. You can enter now at http://www.runireland.com/forms/kilmore-10k-road-race-2011 . Also full details of the race at http://www.kilmore10k.com/

You can also enter on the day or on-line up towards the end of next week.

• Advertisement

Don't forget, on Saturday week (Sept 17th) the Mick Murphy memorial four miler is on in Ferns, Co. Wexford. More info at this boards thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056356704 or further info plus online entering on www.runireland.com . Anybody looking for further info via facebook can check out the following link http://www.facebook.com/#!/SliabhBuidheRovers. Looking forward to seeing ye there:)

Updated list including the cross-country even though it's a road running thread.

Adamstown Cross Country, 11th September
    Slaney Olympic 2 Mile, 23rd September
    Novice Cross Country,2nd October
    Intermediate Cross Country, 16th October
    Senior Cross Country, 18th December

Don't forget, on Saturday week (Sept 17th) the Mick Murphy memorial four miler is on in Ferns, Co. Wexford. More info at this boards thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056356704 or further info plus online entering on www.runireland.com . Anybody looking for further info via facebook can check out the following link http://www.facebook.com/#!/SliabhBuidheRovers. Looking forward to seeing ye there:)

Wasn't sure whether I was gonna do this one or not, but I think I will now .... I have heard nothing but good things about the race, so should be fun.

• Advertisement

Wasn't sure whether I was gonna do this one or not, but I think I will now .... I have heard nothing but good things about the race, so should be fun.

ah that's good to hear Freedom13, the guys and gals in the organising club put an awful lot of effort into it so here's hoping for some good weather and a big turnout :)

kilmore 10k this saturday night is a right race too, nice relatively flat course on quiet country roads, with buckets of tea and cake after too;)

kilmore 10k this saturday night is a right race too, nice relatively flat course on quiet country roads, with buckets of tea and cake after too;)

+1 - Mrs Dilbert is doing it again this year. Maybe Mr. Dilbert might join her next year...

The runireland web-site is down at the moment if anyone is trying to access it. I let them know and they are looking in to it.

Well Mrs Dilbert did take part so myself and the little Dilberts all packed into the car for the trip. Pretty much the same story as last year - plenty parking, well organised registration, plenty of toilet facilities, pitch at the GAA grounds to warm up on, race started pretty much on time, Mrs Dilbert got a PB for the distance (despite the strong winds) and back to the community centre for a feed fit for a whole palace. Only thing was we didn't get to wait for the results, as the little Dilberts were getting tired.

Only black mark was the behaviour of some of the drivers using the same road - came within inches of some runners for no particular reason. You'd think they'd have a bit of patience for the sake of an hour once a year.:mad: Not within the control of Kilmore AC though so well done again folks.

When will the final results be up HR? Interested to see who got the category wins.

another very well organised race by kilmore ac, well done to all

looking ahead SBR has its big four miler this Saturday evening :)

When will the final results be up HR? Interested to see who got the category wins.

All up now. Apologies for the delay. Few extra photos up there as well.

All up now. Apologies for the delay. Few extra photos up there as well.

Unfortunately Mrs. D was one place away from a category prize.

Only black mark was the behaviour of some of the drivers using the same road - came within inches of some runners for no particular reason. You'd think they'd have a bit of patience for the sake of an hour once a year.:mad: Not within the control of Kilmore AC though so well done again folks.

Thanks for the feedback Dillbert75. Did this happen all over the course or was it just coming in to the village? Was there many drivers doing it? More marshals are probably required to flag the traffice. Although you will always get edjits doing it no matter that you do. A garda presence would also help.

• Advertisement

I must have been lucky in that I was mostly a solitary runner :-], the drivers seemed ok, although I did have a moment with a loose horse that made me trot on a little harder [ although a local woman was doing a good impression of a horse whisperer and was calming the aforesaid horse down as I trotted on by]lol
    Considering I had my left calf strapped up for the race, it started killing me even as I got up to the starting line [ bad omen], I said I'd run it off, but unfortunately for me just around the 2/3 km mark as I tried to sprint [ used lightly] past a gal and 2 guys my right hamstring gave me a shot. The only reason I carried on was because my young lad was waiting for me at the finish line and I didn't want to let him down :-[ By the time I got to the 9km mark with my ungainly style my back was killing me altogether, I had to stop and stretch it for a while, I did manage to come in under the hour which was well short of my best time, but considering everything I was happy with it. All in all a well run run [ if you excuse the pun]. Rest time for me now for a while, I have done my bit towards martyrdom.

Thanks for the feedback Dillbert75. Did this happen all over the course or was it just coming in to the village? Was there many drivers doing it?
    She's not sure exactly where it was a problem but probably in the second half of the route - there was more than one driver and I was talking to a couple of lads from work who found the same thing.
    you will always get edjits doing it no matter that you do. A garda presence would also help.
    To be honest its something you'll probably never completely get away from without having closed roads or Gardai on every section of road but its something worth mentioning just so ye know.

Gender and category placing now on the results page at http://www.kilmore10k.com/index.php/2011-results. Also if anyone wants a finishing cert you can get one at this link. http://www.kilmore10k.com/index.php/completion-certs. You will need to get your race number from the results page first.

To be honest its something you'll probably never completely get away from without having closed roads or Gardai on every section of road but its something worth mentioning just so ye know.
    Thanks. It is good to know and needs further investigation.

The other traffic problem is trying to get people to park where they are not in the way. We had loads of parking available but we still had people (not too many) parking where they caused problems and wouldn't move when asked to.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Precious1

I must have been lucky in that I was mostly a solitary runner :-], the drivers seemed ok, although I did have a moment with a loose horse that made me trot on a little harder [ although a local woman was doing a good impression of a horse whisperer and was calming the aforesaid horse down as I trotted on by]lol
    Considering I had my left calf strapped up for the race, it started killing me even as I got up to the starting line [ bad omen], I said I'd run it off, but unfortunately for me just around the 2/3 km mark as I tried to sprint [ used lightly] past a gal and 2 guys my right hamstring gave me a shot. The only reason I carried on was because my young lad was waiting for me at the finish line and I didn't want to let him down :-[ By the time I got to the 9km mark with my ungainly style my back was killing me altogether, I had to stop and stretch it for a while, I did manage to come in under the hour which was well short of my best time, but considering everything I was happy with it. All in all a well run run [ if you excuse the pun]. Rest time for me now for a while, I have done my bit towards martyrdom.

Congrats, Free!! Well done. Nothing like someone to motivate us waiting at the end of the line lol Time for respite! That young lad don't need his dad tearin' up them ham strings......till next time, anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Nialloooo

Quick mention to Gerard MALONEY from st pauls running for ireland this weekend and finished 8th on the o50 in the world masters mountain running, i thinking that his 6/7 mountain race(i could be wrong) .. hope i can do half that time at his age

Nialloooo wrote: »
    Quick mention to Gerard MALONEY from st pauls running for ireland this weekend and finished 8th on the o50 in the world masters mountain running, i thinking that his 6/7 mountain race(i could be wrong) .. hope i can do half that time at his age

Well said Niall, Ger is a right one, a lot of us younger runners could take a leaf outta his book:) Heard this yesterday but forgot until u posted, a great achivement, well done Ger!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭UpHill

Anyone know are the Ferns 4 mile race results up anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Cooldog

Does anyone know if this is on this year, it was on in early Jan last year and I thought it was a great little race on a good course, pity if it's not on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Cooldog wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is on this year, it was on in early Jan last year and I thought it was a great little race on a good course, pity if it's not on.

I think it is. Keep an eye on the Slaney Olympic AC website

Advertisement