Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCM race series

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

What's the story with the photo?
    None of the races in the series go anywhere near there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

yaboya1 wrote: »

Just a DCM photo I’d imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Raging I missed these!! I wanted to do the 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

That's a photo from last year so it does.

Numbers for the 10 km arrived this evening.

aquinn wrote: »

You sure about that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

aquinn wrote: »

I think he means that as the bundle doesn't include the marathon then a picture from the marathon shouldn't be in a promotion for the bundle....

You sure about that??

Doubt me?

Certain as I know one of the lads and that was the pointy end of the race.

skyblue46 wrote: »
    I think he means that as the bundle doesn't include the marathon then a picture from the marathon shouldn't be in a promotion for the bundle....

He doesn't mean the photo isn't from DCM?

skyblue46 wrote: »

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭healy1835

I can't remember if I saw something about it, but was there any reasons given why Swords lost out on one of the races? Quite enjoyed Frank Duffy's stop over there last year. Was it the DCM or Fingal CC who pulled plug? The FD and Half courses are pretty samey....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Many here doing the 10k next Sunday, any course tips? Be my first race in Ireland since DCM!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭niallo32

OOnegative wrote: »
    Many here doing the 10k next Sunday, any course tips? Be my first race in Ireland since DCM!!

It's mostly flat or slightly downhill until you hit the canal (around 7k mark) then it's a slight uphill drag. There is a short, sharp hill off the canal just after 9k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I have had an entry for every single occurrence of the 10k race series race [4? 5? 6?], this one might well be the first one I have ever made the start line of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

No pacers in this right?

No pacers in this right?

None last year anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭ooter

does anyone know if there are shuttle buses back to the luas after the race?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

ooter wrote: »
    does anyone know if there are shuttle buses back to the luas after the race?

No mention on the website, so unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Any parking suggestions? The website says Grange Castle Business Park for parking, have never been there, do i need to get there quite early?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭ooter

Murph_D wrote: »
    No mention on the website, so unlikely.

in fairness, there's no mention of shuttle buses to the race on the website either but I know what you mean.

ooter wrote: »
    in fairness, there's no mention of shuttle buses to the race on the website either but I know what you mean.

Ah - I see from the race pack that there are indeed shuttles before the race as you say. I’d be surprised if they don’t offer a return service. What would be the point otherwise. Send them a tweet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Supercell wrote: »
    Any parking suggestions? The website says Grange Castle Business Park for parking, have never been there, do i need to get there quite early?

They use one of the big Pfizer carparks which is a couple of minutes walk from the start. No problem getting in but you will need a bit of patience getting out !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

They use one of the big Pfizer carparks which is a couple of minutes walk from the start. No problem getting in but you will need a bit of patience getting out !
    Thanks Glencarraig thats great advice.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Thought the 10k went off very smoothly - very well organised. I like the course - plenty of variety!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Murph_D wrote: »
    Thought the 10k went off very smoothly - very well organised. I like the course - plenty of variety!

+1 to that, fair route and well organized. The downhill into Clondalkin village was great & section along the canal is always nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

OOnegative wrote: »
    +1 to that, fair route and well organized. The downhill into Clondalkin village was great & section along the canal is always nice.

+1 to most of that! Enjoy the course alright, but this year and last had one thing in common. I absolutely hated the stretch along canal. Felt like I was running in treacle !
    Really well organised and the location is great from infrastructure perspective.

Enjoyed it, good varied route. Easy to get in and out. Canal stretch is always hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,661 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Enjoyed it, very flat compared to my usual runs around killiney. Set a PB which is surprising as i’ve not done much in the past 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fraggle07

First time running this. Really enjoyed it, it was very well organised.
    I was in an hour before, got great parking and had no issues getting back out afterwards.

Course was lovely. The Canal stretch was the worst part for me, i felt it went on forever, the wind didn't help and I found it a little congested for a bit. A few ppl around me struggled without water until the 6k mark. Thankfully I carried my own - I needed it!! The heat didn't help and they did refuse offers of water from fellow runners... On that note I really liked the reusable cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Yea good course, if one was of a mind and in form it would be a PB kinda course I would think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Doing the half marathon in September, what is the course like does anyone know? Looking forward to it, the medal is class looking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭healy1835

mutley18 wrote: »
    Doing the half marathon in September, what is the course like does anyone know? Looking forward to it, the medal is class looking :)

Course not the easiest but there are some very quick sections. Definitely one to come into with a race plan......

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/Ua22jcK7yY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Entered this again as I missed it last year and wanted to complete the set of warm up races before DCM (I did the other 2 and DCM last year).

Bloody missed it after drinking heavily and ended up in Coppers after Cork lost to Tyrone. Good night but with a tinge of regret also!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

healy1835 wrote: »
    Course not the easiest but there are some very quick sections. Definitely one to come into with a race plan......

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/Ua22jcK7yY

Was your plan run fast? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

mutley18 wrote: »

Course is tough. Train on hills in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,857 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Course is tough. Train on hills in advance.

The whole idea of a tough course is to get you ready for Dublin. Dublin marathon has a good few hills so this is a good race to prep you for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭py

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Meant to sign up for the FD 10 mile, but see just now that entries are closed. If anybody has an entry they can't use, please let me know - face value of course. Thanks.

The whole idea of a tough course is to get you ready for Dublin. Dublin marathon has a good few hills so this is a good race to prep you for it

Yup

Some guy on Sunday in RNR half thought the hills ended once we got up towards the S bends at the back of the 15 acres. I told him there was 5 more and only 2 of them went downwards.

Apparently his wife told him this. I assume she is now living in the garden shed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Big Bad Wolf

How much was it to buy the race series bundle back in January?
    I wasn't paying too much attention at the time but raging now. I want to make sure I have the cash put aside for next Jan.

How much was it to buy the race series bundle back in January?
    I wasn't paying too much attention at the time but raging now. I want to make sure I have the cash put aside for next Jan.

50 or 55 quid i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭py

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    50 or 55 quid i think

This sounds about right. I paid €40 for the FD10 mile and DCM HM.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kevwotton

Turns out I left it too late to sign up. Anyone know where I might be able to find someone looking to sell or transfer their entry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

kevwotton wrote: »
    Turns out I left it too late to sign up. Anyone know where I might be able to find someone looking to sell or transfer their entry?

Number transfers are not allowed afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

Doing the series for the first time this year. Any advice on the best way of getting there, is it possible to get parking etc. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

I know two years ago there were shuttle buses from near Heuston station to the park. Does anyone know if that’s the case this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

sibeen99 wrote: »
    I know two years ago there were shuttle buses from near Heuston station to the park. Does anyone know if that’s the case this year?

My race pack says for the 10 mile and half marathon races, shuttles will be on Park gate street from 7:30-8:30am and at the Phoenix monument after the race.
    Park gate street is just around the corner from Heuston so perfect for luas/train/bus connections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Strasser wrote: »
    Doing the series for the first time this year. Any advice on the best way of getting there, is it possible to get parking etc. Thanks.

Best to get the luas/bus/train to heuston if you can. You can park at the park and ride at the red cow.
    There is parking in the park but you'd need to be there early and you can get stuck in traffic coming out. One year I walked to park gate street after the race as the traffic was at a standstill. I walked it much faster than the traffic was moving and it was a good cool down.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

chickey2 wrote: »
    My race pack says for the 10 mile and half marathon races, shuttles will be on Park gate street from 7:30-8:30am and at the Phoenix monument after the race.
    Park gate street is just around the corner from Heuston so perfect for luas/train/bus connections.

That’s perfect, thanks. I’ll be parking st red cow and getting the luas to heuston so that’s great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

There doesn't seem to be pacemakers for the Frank Duffy - is that right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

pc11 wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be pacemakers for the Frank Duffy - is that right?

Correct, there never are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement