Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM race series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

mutley18 wrote: »
    Doing the half marathon in September, what is the course like does anyone know? Looking forward to it, the medal is class looking :)

Course not the easiest but there are some very quick sections. Definitely one to come into with a race plan......

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/Ua22jcK7yY

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Entered this again as I missed it last year and wanted to complete the set of warm up races before DCM (I did the other 2 and DCM last year).

Bloody missed it after drinking heavily and ended up in Coppers after Cork lost to Tyrone. Good night but with a tinge of regret also!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

healy1835 wrote: »
    Course not the easiest but there are some very quick sections. Definitely one to come into with a race plan......

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/Ua22jcK7yY

Was your plan run fast? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,160 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

mutley18 wrote: »
    Doing the half marathon in September, what is the course like does anyone know? Looking forward to it, the medal is class looking :)

Course is tough. Train on hills in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Course is tough. Train on hills in advance.

The whole idea of a tough course is to get you ready for Dublin. Dublin marathon has a good few hills so this is a good race to prep you for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭py

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Meant to sign up for the FD 10 mile, but see just now that entries are closed. If anybody has an entry they can't use, please let me know - face value of course. Thanks.

The whole idea of a tough course is to get you ready for Dublin. Dublin marathon has a good few hills so this is a good race to prep you for it

Yup

Some guy on Sunday in RNR half thought the hills ended once we got up towards the S bends at the back of the 15 acres. I told him there was 5 more and only 2 of them went downwards.

Apparently his wife told him this. I assume she is now living in the garden shed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Big Bad Wolf

How much was it to buy the race series bundle back in January?
    I wasn't paying too much attention at the time but raging now. I want to make sure I have the cash put aside for next Jan.

How much was it to buy the race series bundle back in January?
    I wasn't paying too much attention at the time but raging now. I want to make sure I have the cash put aside for next Jan.

50 or 55 quid i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭py

50 or 55 quid i think

This sounds about right. I paid €40 for the FD10 mile and DCM HM.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kevwotton

Turns out I left it too late to sign up. Anyone know where I might be able to find someone looking to sell or transfer their entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

kevwotton wrote: »
    Turns out I left it too late to sign up. Anyone know where I might be able to find someone looking to sell or transfer their entry?

Number transfers are not allowed afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

Doing the series for the first time this year. Any advice on the best way of getting there, is it possible to get parking etc. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

I know two years ago there were shuttle buses from near Heuston station to the park. Does anyone know if that’s the case this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

sibeen99 wrote: »
    I know two years ago there were shuttle buses from near Heuston station to the park. Does anyone know if that’s the case this year?

My race pack says for the 10 mile and half marathon races, shuttles will be on Park gate street from 7:30-8:30am and at the Phoenix monument after the race.
    Park gate street is just around the corner from Heuston so perfect for luas/train/bus connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Strasser wrote: »
    Doing the series for the first time this year. Any advice on the best way of getting there, is it possible to get parking etc. Thanks.

Best to get the luas/bus/train to heuston if you can. You can park at the park and ride at the red cow.
    There is parking in the park but you'd need to be there early and you can get stuck in traffic coming out. One year I walked to park gate street after the race as the traffic was at a standstill. I walked it much faster than the traffic was moving and it was a good cool down.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

chickey2 wrote: »
    My race pack says for the 10 mile and half marathon races, shuttles will be on Park gate street from 7:30-8:30am and at the Phoenix monument after the race.
    Park gate street is just around the corner from Heuston so perfect for luas/train/bus connections.

That’s perfect, thanks. I’ll be parking st red cow and getting the luas to heuston so that’s great.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭pc11

There doesn't seem to be pacemakers for the Frank Duffy - is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

pc11 wrote: »

Correct, there never are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

pc11 wrote: »

Anyone know if there are pacers at the half?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

ariana` wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are pacers at the half?

Yes, there should be. Always were in the past for the half and full.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

aquinn wrote: »

http://kbcdublinmarathon.ie/race/dublin-half-marathon/
    PACERS FOR THE HALF
    Pacers will be provided to help you reach the following target times, 1hr 30 minutes, 1hr 40 minutes, 1hr 50 minutes and 2hrs.

In reality there are pacers up to 2.5 hours or so, the social media updates before the event usually confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

aquinn wrote: »
    Singer wrote: »
    http://kbcdublinmarathon.ie/race/dublin-half-marathon/

In reality there are pacers up to 2.5 hours or so, the social media updates before the event usually confirm.

Super, i might try the 1:50, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I really enjoy the 10 miler today. Very good organisation and there was a nice buzz after the finish I thought. Relaxed atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Enjoyable race. Organisation of the water at 6-mile point could have been better, but only a small complaint. Hot day for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭patob

I really enjoy the 10 miler today. Very good organisation and there was a nice buzz after the finish I thought. Relaxed atmosphere.

Nice event, a bit too hot but got around ok.
    Good streamlined organisation and positive environmental touches with the reusable water cups at finish and the bike park. However why not paper cups at the interim water stations?

They got the start badly wrong.

It needs to be a 5m wide corral so the wider road is easy to get away cleanly.

Other then that it was excellent stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

patob wrote: »
    Nice event, a bit too hot but got around ok.
    Good streamlined organisation and positive environmental touches with the reusable water cups at finish and the bike park. However why not paper cups at the interim water stations?

A lot of paper cups aren’t recycable and end up in landfill with coffee cups.

Great organization. New water measures are great. Days of plastic bottles are gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,422 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

They got the start badly wrong.

It needs to be a 5m wide corral so the wider road is easy to get away cleanly.

Other then that it was excellent stuff

Don't get this? Didn't notice anything different from previous versions. There was congestion around where I started but that was to be expected towards the back. Nothing to do with the width of the road or the corral!

Mind you, I was further back because I stepped out for a leak and the race seemed to start a couple of mins early! But no harm done, I think - they worked hard to get everyone lined up fairly early (bar the usual stragglers).

Advertisement