Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your line is weak but your point is strong: Liveline from 10th January

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,997 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Any mention of the author? Wouldn't surprise me if it was either Joe or Dee Forbes. Is he shagging her or something?
    Shane McGrath wrote it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I’m sitting in de hostibble waiting to have the first of two lens transplants on me eyes so to speak. I’m surprisingly calm. After de paaaaain i went through last week with the flexible cystoscopy dos should be a breeze so to speak.

Looks like de Grief Vampire has been loading up on de misery did week? I expect dis to continue for a while...

If you can read this, best of luck.

I’m sitting in de hostibble waiting to have the first of two lens transplants on me eyes so to speak. I’m surprisingly calm. After de paaaaain i went through last week with the flexible cystoscopy dos should be a breeze so to speak.

Looks like de Grief Vampire has been loading up on de misery did week? I expect dis to continue for a while...

Very good luck with that procedure. Sadly can't have this myself, and oh how I would love it, because of corneal scarring from primitive eye surgery I had to try and regain pilot's license in 80s. Only when it would become absolutely essential could I have lenses implanted as a result of cataracts, as they said touching my corneas to perform any further surgery is risky and might necessitate a corneal transplant, so they won't do it. Can't wear contacts either because of irregular corneal surface. For swimming etc I would just love to be able to have vision, and to be able to try scuba diving. Maybe, just maybe when I'm in my 70s or 80s, or when further advances have been made to treat my type of corneal issues.

sligojoek wrote: »
    If you can read this, best of luck.

He can have it read back by de staff or de missus. Actually if the surgery isn't a success (which it WILL be) we could get away with saying all sorts here. If his vision were too blurred for a couple of days we could have a great chat behind his back and then I could do my mod trick of making it disappear :D

Unfortunately I believe the results are excellent pretty quickly :pac:

Will have to create an appropriate gif in honour of BS' surgery.

Will have to create an appropriate gif in honour of BS' surgery.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299396c061453b7b8aa6cc314aad0b5b6bb3c08a73&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

I'm very sorry I have had a few busy weeks, and have not been as loyal to Joe as I should be. I know all his episodes are wonderful, but if one were to single out a show from this week, what should I listen to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I'm very sorry I have had a few busy weeks, and have not been as loyal to Joe as I should be. I know all his episodes are wonderful, but if one were to single out a show from this week, what should I listen to.

They were all equally wonderful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Terrible week to listen back, I'd use the time instead to practice some mad dangerous skill like knife swallying.

My cat's name was just called out on RTÉ radio 1 by Neil after he requested names for pets of de pandemic! Ye may have heard it there, he was the first in the list. Neil remarked that he had suggested names of 4 legged pets but his first caller has 3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭KevRossi

So COVID has taken Larry King from us. There won't be too much fawning over him as he was sympathetic to Trump in his last years. Back in the day on CNN he used to be one of the programmes to be seen on. Could be a bit of a tosser, a good mate of mine sat beside him on some internal flight in the US in the 90's, they started to discuss the Gulf War, he took King to pieces on it. King's response was to threaten to get him arrested on landing if he didn't shut up.

Anyway, Joe Duffy modelled his wardrobe and promo pics on Larry, pity he didn't try to learn a bit about his interviewing style.

stacks.lkl.cnn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

KevRossi wrote: »
    So COVID has taken Larry King from us. There won't be too much fawning over him as he was sympathetic to Trump in his last years. Back in the day on CNN he used to be one of the programmes to be seen on. Could be a bit of a tosser, a good mate of mine sat beside him on some internal flight in the US in the 90's, they started to discuss the Gulf War, he took King to pieces on it. King's response was to threaten to get him arrested on landing if he didn't shut up.

Anyway, Joe Duffy modelled his wardrobe and promo pics on Larry, pity he didn't try to learn a bit about his interviewing style.

stacks.lkl.cnn.jpg

RIP Larry King. After Regis Philbin (who he often interviewed), he was the last of a great era of broadcasting in the USA.

Bit of a revolution starting in Russia. Putin made a mistake to poison Navalny etc. I do agree with the police, though, in their attempt to try and attempt people to wear masks etc. Wonder how the Sputnik vaccine is going. Some Yankee accents there! In theory, I'm due to revisit Russia this year in its Siberian Far East on the Kamchatka Peninsula. Last visit in 1979, Moscow, Crimea & St Petersburg, first self-financed summer holiday; got to experience one of final flights of the second ever passenger jet, the TU-104, the first one, the De Havilland Comet 1 having being grounded not long after entering service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

KevRossi wrote: »

stacks.lkl.cnn.jpg

His final years were with RT, never a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

why? do you think other news networks aren't controlled by their owners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ryan Tubridy’s influence in the US grows daily.....even from Dublin, Ireland! He’ll be running for President in 2024 against nasty Ivanka!

:pac:

My eye duz be very sore callers. I might call in to describe de pain ta himself tamarra and dat.....

My eye duz be very sore callers. I might call in to describe de pain ta himself tamarra and dat.....

As an six-time veteran of de iSurgeries (all subsequent failures btw) I can testify to de soreness dat duz happen when de eye tissues do be penetrated. Thankfully Phakic Lens deze daze does be a great success, had it been around I would have gone straight for it. Go carefully as yer vision will be blurred until the tissue oedema subsides in a week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,727 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

My cat's name was just called out on RTÉ radio 1 by Neil after he requested names for pets of de pandemic! Ye may have heard it there, he was the first in the list. Neil remarked that he had suggested names of 4 legged pets but his first caller has 3!

Will D’Arcy interview him on Monday ?

Will he be on the quiz..... first prize ..two stone bag of Dreamies.

:eek:

• Advertisement

Noel Kelly & Co. busy again this weekend planting stories about their top talent:

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2021/0119/1190671-the-books-in-my-life-with-anna-geary/

RTÉ in fairness answering the incessant call for an Anna Geebag Documentary (it’s mentioned in the article). :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Who commissioned this? Hardly a public interest story. Just another puff piece to bolster the career of one of NK’s clients. Utterly disgraceful use of public funds. No doubt complete with appearances on TLLS and every RTÉ TV and Radio show possible to launch this masterpiece.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299396c061453b7b8aa6cc314aad0b5b6bb3c08a73&rid=giphy.gif

Ah jaysis

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭stopthevoting

Ah jaysis

I was waiting for the thread to move on another page so I wouldn't have to see this picture anymore, and now it's here again at the top of the last page.

I was waiting for the thread to move on another page so I wouldn't have to see this picture anymore, and now it's here again at the top of the last page.

I’m having the other eye done in a month so no doubt it’ll be back then too

I’m having the other eye done in a month so no doubt it’ll be back then too

And den you'll be just bewriful, petal. Next time you are on Prime Time we'll see yer face naked without de glasses ;)

A sight for a sore eye, so to speak.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29dac750e144a68556f1d2af5125762b8b9258d8f1&rid=giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Love across the Atlantic. Limerick woman marries a US prisoner.

Truck drivers and Brexit.

Mother and baby homes. ANOTHER MISTAKE in the report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

- texas prisoners , and there Irish 'partners' ?? online and dat ?!?
    - Brexit , your deliverys are slow, what about the lorry drivers !!
    - Mother and Baby homes (though we were going to escape it, but no)

Here's wat duz be promised on twodaze show so to speak and dat:
    • Conor McGreogor - Irish hero or not. Discuss and dat so to speak
    • Coddle - is it a soup or a meal in itself and dat?
    • Joe's love is loike a red red rose
    • Prison love....between a man and a woman dis time so to speak, not man man prison love of de unwanted kind and dat - no pool cues required so to speak
    • Brexit - are you having trouble with it and dat?
    • Are you a truck driver?
    • MUDDER AND BABBY HOMES
    • A mistake spotted by of all people a golf club
    • Golf clubs are peeple too!

Meh....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

First 2 topics very promising. Which makes the enevitable exploitation of the mudder an bay bee report all the more dissapointing.

2smiggy wrote: »
    - texas prisoners , and there Irish 'partners' ?? online and dat ?!?
    - Brexit , your deliverys are slow, what about the lorry drivers !!
    - Mother and Baby homes (though we were going to escape it, but no)

How do dey do de roide online do to speak?

• Advertisement

Joe didn't give today's date so if anyone is wunderin' and dat it's:

25/21/21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,305 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Here's wat duz be promised on twodaze show so to speak and dat:
    • Conor McGreogor - Irish hero or not. Discuss and dat so to speak
    • Coddle - is it a soup or a meal in itself and dat?
    • Joe's love is loike a red red rose
    • Prison love....between a man and a woman dis time so to speak, not man man prison love of de unwanted kind and dat - no pool cues required so to speak
    • Brexit - are you having trouble with it and dat?
    • Are you a truck driver?
    • MUDDER AND BABBY HOMES
    • A mistake spotted by of all people a golf club
    • Golf clubs are peeple too!

Meh....
    Prison love...could be gold!!

gmisk wrote: »
    Prison love...could be gold!!

Sometimes Duffy IS the Gold, other times he kills the Gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Name dat company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

a good aul scam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

"Don't name the company"

Why the hell not?

McDermotX wrote: »
    Name dat company

Claddagh Green?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Building scam
    Yes! Delighted!

a good aul scam

Elaborate or sophisticated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

white van?

• Advertisement

Subtitles please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It has been so long since they first announced the item about the wife of the convict in Texas, that he may have been executed by now. She'll be on in tears that she couldn't travel to the funeral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Blah, blah, blah...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What's the odds he paid him in shiney casheroon?

Serious delay on the app twoday.....as usual...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Buy cheap. Pay twice.
    Idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

First pun of the week after one minute.

Hiace?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Took a break last week, couldnt deal with the onslaught of mother and baby homes. good to see it seems to be back to basics here. Scams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

What's the odds he paid him in shiney casheroon?

Bingo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement