Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burma Shade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Seany

+ 1

Really enjoyed your set.

These guys (and girl) are definitly ones to watch.

Seany

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Papa Smut wrote:
    Shockin to see we fell off the front page!!! Big news.... The Band Bio is now up on www.myspace.com/burmashade Letus know what you think :) Next gig is in Radio City on the 25th March*

*This will be bumped :)

You should edit your first post as the link there doesnt link to anything anymore and if I hadnt been diligent I wouldnt have kept reading through this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

oh forgot to say when I eventually found the homepage I was impressed by your sound. If you guys are still interested in doing gigs get in touch with me.

I'm going to be putting on gigs in Dublin and Cork with any luck very frequently over the next two years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Shad0r wrote:
    You should edit your first post as the link there doesnt link to anything anymore and if I hadnt been diligent I wouldnt have kept reading through this post.

First post updated :)

We're in this months connected magazine. Which is pretty damn cool :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Doctor J wrote:
    First post updated :)

Cheers J

Just posted up some new live tracks on CPU

They were recorded at the GS gig on the 30th June in the TBMC

http://artists.cpu.ie/Burma Shade

Let us know what ye think. Of any of the tunes actually

Cheers

Mick

Also were playing Crawdaddy on Sat the 26th of August with VII Minutes of Silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

Just listenin' to Butterfly on MySpace. Great track. I listened to Monster too-good rockin' tune. I'll deffo try make the Cork gig. Ye've got a great sound. Looking forward to hearing more.

Hey, Thanks for that. Trying to organisea gig in Cork as we wpeak!
    One of our tunes "Watchmaker" seems to be getting a lot of good stuff said about it. It's live and it's loud... The way it should be!

You can listen to Watchmaker here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Very Jeff Buckley. I like the music, but I just can't get past the horrible, horrible off-key histrionic vocals.

• Advertisement

Burma Shade now play the TBMC on Fri 11th August.

Hope to see yis there

Mick

TBMC110806.gif

If you can get past
    magpie wrote:
    the horrible, horrible off-key histrionic vocals

You might be in for a good time! Judge by your own ears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭McFiddler

Hey how's things. Downloaded the songs you have on your website and have been listening for a while. Very impressive. What time do you go on tonight? Is there a cover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It's €7 in, doors are at about 7:30 and Burma Shade are on at about 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭McFiddler

Hey well done guys and girl. You put on a very good show friday night. It was a pity about the lack of audience members but I think you blew the socks off those that were there. I hope you get to play a longer set at the next gig! Where and when is it again? I know I was talking to one of you after your set, think it was one of the guitarists, but I was kinda hammered and can't remember what I was on about. Sorry.
    Mojo Fury were brilliant as well! Any of those lads on boards?

McFiddler wrote:
    Hey well done guys and girl. You put on a very good show friday night. It was a pity about the lack of audience members but I think you blew the socks off those that were there. I hope you get to play a longer set at the next gig! Where and when is it again? I know I was talking to one of you after your set, think it was one of the guitarists, but I was kinda hammered and can't remember what I was on about. Sorry.
    Mojo Fury were brilliant as well! Any of those lads on boards?

Cheers man. Thanks for coming. Glad you enjoyed it

Yeah the crowd was a bit lacking alright. It was a last minute gig for us, so their wasn't a lot of advertising work done. Pity the the set was cut short also but we were on late and we would have eaten into the Mojo lads time.

Dunno if the lads are on boards at all.

Our next gig is Sat August 26th in Crawdaddy. Were headlining so it'll be a full set from us then. Might even do som acoustic stuff at the start. We'll see

Cheers

Mick

Dunno which one of us you were talking to but chances are they were hammered too.........:)

Well, it had to be done. on here you can hear me making my vocal debut on this new fangled interweb thing :)
    Comments always welcome, (but be nice!!!):eek:

Poster-26th-A4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Holy Violent Femmes influence, Batperson! :)

But y'know, I wouldn't have made that connection if I hadn't known you were a fan. Nice voice you've been hiding from us though, dude. Good work. Rock on the BURMA! :D

Also recorded a podcast with Phantom FM this week.

An interview with Sinister Pete and a live acoutic track also.

Go here to have a listen to us jabber on about ourselves

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭surm00

That tune "sick" is ****ing amazing man..... just added you on myspace..... I'll drop up and see ya's in Carlow if I can......... very very impressed.....

surm00 wrote:
    That tune "sick" is ****ing amazing man..... just added you on myspace..... I'll drop up and see ya's in Carlow if I can......... very very impressed.....

Cheers

Yeah Carlow should be good fun. I think it's by ticket only - could be wrong though. But I know theres a load of coaches being hired for it. So lemme know if ya wanna go at info@burmashade.com

Cheers

It is with a sad and heavy heart that we at Burma Shade have to announce the sad and
    sudden death of our bassist and friend, Barry Black. He was only 26.

This sad event happened last Friday 8th of September and was a sudden shock to us all. He will
    be sorely missed by all his friends an family.

"The Rev" met his untimely demise while on a seal clubbing holiday in Alaska last week and
    we feel that it's best to refrain from details as they may be too harrowing for some to handle.

Of course we will continue if only to honour Barry's memory. Replacing him will be a formidable task.

We feel that Barry will always still be with us in spirit and his spectral form will also be appearing
    at a venue near you soon in his new rockabilly outfit "Citizen Sin". Unfortunately due to him loosing
    his corporeal form, Barry will be relegated to Lead Vox as holding a bass would be a bit challenging
    now - to say the least.

Farewell Baz - you were a good friend, band mate and only a c*nt half the time......

Burma Shade

Say no more.........

Niall Diskin has taken the job.

Niall has been the touring bassist with Irish artist "Dara" since 2001 and can be heard on the his 2nd album "Dog Eared Memories"

He has been in jamming with us for the last few weeks and suffice to say that were chuffed and looking forward to his debut on the 28th of October in The Music Factory.

Burma Shade return for their first gig of 2007,
    showcasing their new line-up with new songs and reworked set.

Support on the night from SOPERS dIRT and The Isohels

The Hub
    Sat 3rd Feb
    8:00
    Adm €6

www.burmashade.com
    www.myspace.com/sopersdirt
    www.myspace.com/theisohels

Czs6B7fHS3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 lootle

www.myspace.com/burmashade

Check out the latest song up La Casa Mai.

We are currently working on new stuff and are looking for a new guitarist/keyboard player.

We have a new demo song up on myspace called La Casa Mai
    check it out on www.myspace.com/burmashade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 JohnnyAwesome

what up?
    when you say giutarist/keyboard do you want someone who can play both? im only a guitarist im afraid but im interested in your music.
    http://www.myspace.com/johnnymexicano
    if you like what you hear give me a shout.
    cheers.

• Advertisement

Advertisement