Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burma Shade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

looking forward to seeing The Burma Shade tonite, sure we'll have a pint & discuss what the best/worst xmas song is, i think after tonight we'll know what the worst xmas song is anyway

good luck lads!!

Hi, am very hungover, got into work for 9, got home at 4, Great show last night lads, What was the name of the second song you' played last night? I remember thinking to myself it was really good, anyway, well done and happy christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

There were an awful lot of sore asses last night. You know why? Cos you spent 35 minutes kicking them!

Yep, sounds like a Frat Boy compliment, but there you go. Really enjoyed ye're set last night though. You guys get better and better each time I see ye! Hooray for everything!

Hope you're not feeling it too much this morning, Bar... :)

Merry Christmas from all in Burma Shade :)

Next gig in the Sugar Club 25th Jan (tbc)

The Sugar Club, 25/01/06 Adm: €10/8 with Flier

Burma Shade return home to the Sugar Club for their first gig of 2006. There's 2 new songs in this nights set, so if you caught them before, you gotta catch them here! Also playing are the Maladies (www.themaladies.net) and an all together rare outing from Blue Sun.

This is the first in a series of nights titled "Unhinged" Unhinged is an anti pay to play/sell minimum tickets. This is important as Dublin unsigned acts needs something like this and if they're a sucess, they will continue. So be there!

• Advertisement

I give you all this info, answer all your questions, and I don't even get a thank you?!?

;)

Will do my best to make it on the night!

Hows it goin?
    yeah might be able to go to this one, i like the old gigs in the sucra club, tis a decent venue
    talk to ye soon
    David(Gracehopper)

deathfunk wrote:
    I give you all this info, answer all your questions, and I don't even get a thank you?!?

;)

Will do my best to make it on the night!

Huh? that copenhagen air getting to you?:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Just back from the Annseley House. Great gig.

Particularly liked the "funky" song ya played near the end and the drummer going mental for the outro of the final tune. He even managed to do the throw it up and catch it routine with the sticks :v:

Does your drummer use double pedals? Sounded like they were going a mile a minute at the very, very end of the set.

Pity the place was so dead but at least yerselves, Gardner and Richie made the best of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

steveland? wrote:
    Just back from the Annseley House. Great gig.

Particularly liked the "funky" song ya played near the end and the drummer going mental for the outro of the final tune. He even managed to do the throw it up and catch it routine with the sticks :v:

Does your drummer use double pedals? Sounded like they were going a mile a minute at the very, very end of the set.

Pity the place was so dead but at least yerselves, Gardner and Richie made the best of it...

Cheers man. Glad you enjoyed it.

Have to say - Annesley House really reminds me of all the venues from years ago - like Charlies and The Blue Room.

Great fun to play there.

Yeah Gav uses a double kick - I think (maybe he's just really quick:D )

• Advertisement

Shockin to see we fell off the front page!!! Big news.... The Band Bio is now up on www.myspace.com/burmashade Letus know what you think :) Next gig is in Radio City on the 25th March*

*This will be bumped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Great stuff mate,

Really enjoyed it. The production/presentation really suits the music and the band image. Hope you do well with it!

CoNoR

We're playing Fri 24th in the hub. Will be a great gig... and it just so happens to be my birthday! Come along and get me hammered!

I'd be there in a flash, but I'm going to London that morning :(

Do a kick ass show, though!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Re: your comment on my space

sorry i still haven't a clue how to use my space and it's not letting me reply to your comment cos im not my own friend?

anyway, back to warm, safe boards

Pod gig is part of POGO run by Bodytonic there every sat. They're a big dance/electronic organisation. We're the only live act on the night. The rest is all djs. It's a scene I'm quite into and we'll be adjusting our set as a kind of one off to accomodate that kinda crowd. I have been making electronic, dancey stuff on the side for a while so bringing my sequencers and drum machine etc with me and gonna do a bit of that before the live bit.

Glad you like the name. By the end of Fired For Theft our old band hated that name so glad we seem to have got it right this time.

CoNoR

Playing toinight in The Hub. Get your asses down there!!!!

good gig friday night!

"Monster" is such a great song. i had to go early it was my best friends birthday on friday night aswell so sorry about not staying until the end.I saw about 6 songs including white rabbit so its all good.
    Take it easy, i'll talk to ye soon
    David(Gracehopper)

Hello! Well, it's been quiet for a while, but we're back now! We're playing Radio City on Saturday 25th March Admission is a shocking €FREE yes that's right, nil, zip, nada. We'll be playing our first gig with our new drummer, Al. We won't be on til 12 or so, so get down there and shake your rumpa type thing :)

Papa.

Alas I'll be at a wedding all weekend! A childhood mate is getting married... "First of the gang with a gun in his hand", etc.

But do a kick-ass show! And be sure to give the new guy a proper initiation. Google "GG Allin" for more info ;)

• Advertisement

Hi all

We've uploaded a new demo track to myspace from our growing list of demo stuff.
    It's called "The Drought Song". It's chilled out/electronic/acoustic
    number. Please have a listen and let us know what you think.

And bear in mind it's only demo quality :D

Cheers

Mick

www.myspace.com/burmashade

Hey Mick,

I like it. I give it thumbs up. Two of them. In fact, if I had more thumbs, I'd give even more... :)

Honestly, I actually really like the effect that demo quality has given it. Makes it sound very "aged", which I reckon works well for the eery tone of the song. Yep!

Burma Shade will be playing Whelans on Wednesday 17th May at 8.30. As part of the JD Set, there will be free Jack Daniels given out at the start of the night.

WOO-HOO! FREE BOOZE! NOW WE'RE HITTIN THE BIG TIME!! lol

New Gigs confirmed

16.6.06 The Pavilion Bar (Belfast)
    30.6.06 Temple Bar Music Centre (World Cup Quarter Finals will be shown on the big screen before hand - so no excuses :D )
    08.7.06 Sherkin Festival (Cork)
    26.8.06 Vinyl Bar (Carlow)

Hope to see yis there

Mick

Tomorrow night people!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Good luck tonight. I shall see ye there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Did your singer used to be in Back Alley?

Doctor J wrote:
    Good luck tonight. I shall see ye there!

Hiya man

Cheers for poppin in last night
    Nice to finally put a face to the name

Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Pleasure man, though I thought you were papa smut :D

Very impressive set btw, great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Top stuff the other nite really enjoyed playing with yous....

Advertisement